DSH Farm FTW

Not quite at the level cap.
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

DSH Farm FTW

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

dsh farm at 65 to 70 is awesome with tasks. i would definately say it has the bext exp available at 65, and is a freikin awesome place to grind a few hundred AAs fast as heck.

-MeatnPotatoes
Erolissi Marr Server
nako
Conjurer

Re: DSH Farm FTW

Post by nako »

I never did farm for xp, TBH I'd never even camped farm before, and here's why: I recently finished up face aug, and it took me 8 days of checking farm to find it open (the rest of the aug tasks only took me 2 days, excluding robot stuff that I already had done)... and this is at 2-6am eastern time. Maybe it's different on other servers, but on mine it's still permacamped.

.. and when I did eventually get farm, it took 6 hours to get the scarecrow staws, during which 4 random people joined group. 3 of them went afk for extended periods of time (30+ min) with no notice, or with a generic "drink brb". Thank god I'll never have to go back.

-nako/saryrn
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

lmao thats aweful, i would have thrown them outta the group in a heartbeat.. and yeah, on my server its pretty much perma-taken... but almost always by a group, never just a solo camper.. and theres usually only 1 other peson (if that) waiting on a group slot.. but the reason its always occupied is because of how incredibly good it is... and.. about the scarecrow straws.. was someone looting/destroying them? it definately shouldnt have taken 6+ hours.. those are mega common

-MeatnPotatoes
Erolissi Marr Server
Xestiny

Post by Xestiny »

DSH as a whole is worth another mention / bump.

*Super easy to get to. PoK > Aka'Non stone (Steamfont) > DSH via mine shaft beyond the windmills
*For the rich...guild portal can be set to go to DSH for 157pp
*Vendor trash drops can easily rake in 1-2K an hour
*Banking in the zone and vendors to sell mob drops to
*Easy to invis from spot to spot if needed
*Animals con Red and Yellow to sub level 65s but they die very easy and don't hit hard
*No camp problems like hot zones...just log in and start killing, no fuss, no muss...
*Tasks in the zone for extra exp and Faycite to buy gear (see Fendon at Fairy Tower) and exp/faction rewards at the Tents for those doing farm (or just bugs)

Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I still contend that the hole, plane of fire and splitpaw are far better aaxp and loot than the farm. Granted you don't get the faycitum tasks for faction for spells and stuff but for lesson burns, just say no to DSH.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

MeatnPotatoes wrote:about the scarecrow straws.. was someone looting/destroying them? it definately shouldnt have taken 6+ hours.. those are mega common

-MeatnPotatoes
Erolissi Marr Server
There are two types of scarecrow straws that drop there. One is common vendor fodder, and the other is for the "I can fly!" task which is uncommon/rare. I think they're called twitching straw and scarecrow straw respectively.

Little known fact though, the frighteners (or something like that... the scarecrow model mobs) in hills of shade also drop the scarecrow straw you can use for I Can Fly. If the farm is taken, it's a viable alternative. Also frighteners count as constructs, so you can use ATA spells against them (and the bone golem looking thingies are constructs too).