Best Pet Focus that can be Soloed or Moloed?

Not quite at the level cap.
Glaven
Elementalist

Re: Best Pet Focus that can be Soloed or Moloed?

Post by Glaven »

Agree with the above...this quest is not hard at all, and doesn't take too long particularly if you are with someone who has done before. People are doing it now, so really no reason not to put LFG up with this task in the comments and get it done. EMIV will be a huge upgrade for you as well and will only make soloing more fun for you.
Wati
Magician

Post by Wati »

Eanelder wrote:I know you say that grouping is out of the question, but might want to give some thought to doing the Anniversiry task which will guarantee you as a task reward option
What level is required to get in such a group?

Hes 81, and discussing deleveling to 76...

Im 81 Myself with 1300AA and with close stats to the original poster... (I got the EM2 focus from the OMM tho...)

/Wati
Last edited by Wati on Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I know I got it at 83 or 84, so it's not required level of 85. At 81 you should be fine I'd think.
Vardamur

Post by Vardamur »

Merlaina wrote:I know I got it at 83 or 84, so it's not required level of 85. At 81 you should be fine I'd think.
I task added my cleric friend who was level 75.
Zatpus
Elementalist

Post by Zatpus »

Eanelder wrote:I know you say that grouping is out of the question, but might want to give some thought to doing the Anniversiry task which will guarantee you as a task reward option:

Platinum Companion's Pinion Gear
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: EAR
Charges: Unlimited
AC: 46
STR: +26+3 DEX: +22+1 STA: +27+3 CHA: +23+3 WIS: +26+3 INT: +25+3 AGI: +23+5 HP: +743 MANA: +752 ENDUR: +752
SV FIRE: +34 SV DISEASE: +31 SV COLD: +27 SV MAGIC: +20 SV POISON: +35
Combat Effects: +5 Shielding: +1% Spell Shield: +1% Avoidance: +5 Accuracy: +6 Stun Resist: +1% Strikethrough: +1% DoT Shielding: +1% Attack: +22 HP Regen: +4 Mana Regeneration: +3 Damage Shield: +2 Clairvoyance: 7 Spell Dmg: 4 Dmg Shld Mit: 1 Heal Amount: 3
Recommended level of 85. Required level of 80.
Effect: Tiny Companion (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 1.0)
Effect: Sharpshooting VI (Worn, Casting Time: Instant)
Focus: Enhanced Minion IV
WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
Class: NEC MAG BST
Race: ALL except ELF HEF DWF HFL
Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)
Slot 2, Type 3 (General: Spell Effect)

If you can get someone to sit in the group with you, could even try moloing it, but I think it would be rough. Also offers up an aug in the chest at the end of it.

Details can be found here: http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... f=8&t=1910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ATTN: Task supports upto 12 members, even if only 6 may zone in.
The first clearing and collecting of the 10+10 items may take a while. Lockout is after first named down according to alla.
The rewards items generally are not above T7, but likely some groups are doing it just for the possible augments in the chest.
You may can get a /taskadd if you can find a group going for those augs even staying out and in the GL.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Wow, awesome find Zatpus on the fact that the task supports up to 12 people. A group of guildies ran this last night and added quite a few to the task, myself included. Good find!
Eandori Raintree
Elementalist

Post by Eandori Raintree »

Grouping does not work for me. Between my job, my wife and my 2 year old I VERY RARELY can be online for more then 30 min. Of those times I am, it's typically midnight and nearly nobody is around for grouping. Even in that case, my daughter might wake up or I might need to get up for some work thing etc. Groups tend not to like somebody who suddenly camps/gates/goes LD etc. in the middle of a mission.

That was my original reason for the thread title :)
Eandori Raintree
Elementalist

Post by Eandori Raintree »

Finally got an EM4 pet focus, thank you very much Sony for Veteran type rewards!

Orb of Servitude
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE HEIRLOOM
Slot: EAR
Charges: Unlimited
AC: 55
STR: +21+5 DEX: +9+2 STA: +11+3 CHA: +33+3 WIS: +38+6 INT: +36+6 AGI: +24+4 HP: +742 MANA: +829 ENDUR: +829
SV FIRE: +27 SV DISEASE: +20 SV COLD: +26 SV MAGIC: +29 SV POISON: +38
Combat Effects: +3 Shielding: +1% Spell Shield: +1% Avoidance: +4 Accuracy: +3 Stun Resist: +1% Strikethrough: +2% DoT Shielding: +1% Attack: +14 HP Regen: +3 Mana Regeneration: +2 Damage Shield: +1 Clairvoyance: 7 Spell Dmg: 5 Dmg Shld Mit: 1 Heal Amount: 3
Required level of 85.
Effect: Knowledge of the Past II (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 0.5)
Effect: Sharpshooting VI (Worn, Casting Time: Instant)
Focus: Enhanced Minion IV
WT: 0.2 Size: TINY
Class: NEC MAG BST
Race: ALL except ELF HEF DWF HFL
Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)
Slot 2, Type 3 (General: Spell Effect)
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

Grats. A good EM focus is essential these days. Without it, our pets are gimp beyond recourse.
seescottrun
Trial Member

Post by seescottrun »

Hey guys, i've just gotten back after a couple of years off. i just recently reached 81 myself and found chipped shards of dread in the baz it has a focus of enhanced minion 5 that is usable at lv 80. hope that helps

Lv 81 mage e-marr (cohoshi)