Best Pet Focus that can be Soloed or Moloed?

Not quite at the level cap.
Eandori Raintree
Elementalist

Best Pet Focus that can be Soloed or Moloed?

Post by Eandori Raintree »

See Title, thoughts? Question assumes a mage is at least 81, decent pet focus, and a decent amount of AA (I have pet AA nearly maxed and Spire Servant focus). I would love to upgrade my pet focus and I'm totally willing to put in time, but my schedule does NOT allow for grouping or raiding.

Thanks,
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Re: Best Pet Focus that can be Soloed or Moloed?

Post by Sillaen »

I guess the easiest would be to grab a task add from a guild doing some SoD targets. That will get you EM4 - EM7 depending on the add you get.

Second is probably EM2 (Red Dragon Tooth - 21 brews)from OMM Classic group missions. Also drops from the chest I believe, but have never seen it, so it's probably better to buy it with brews.

Third is: Your 81 pet can tank the Prismatic Champion in Cryst (assuming you have group access) with a merc healer for the EM1 (Draconis Servant's wand). They come as a trio, so you'd probably have to burn Lifebringer and Evoker down quickly while pet takes a licking from Champion.

Fourth: The Voids - With a little luck you can molo up to Void C.

Void B - Spire Servant
Void C - Servitor of Scale
Void D - EM1
Void E - EM2

I'm sure there are some scattered around UF now, but I know nothing about that expansion yet but will probably be very tough for you to solomolo anything there at 81.
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

If you don't group or raid, you most likely keep pet for long periods of time, so Tosk faction - cauldron EM1 mask is a viable option. Void C is definitely molo'able at 81, and probably crys trio's too. The other options certainly aren't. Lowest end UF group foci is EM4 from a goo in CC, not doable molo until well past the point at which it'd be an upgrade (or at 85 and 2-3k aa, using all the tricks and probably EM3 pet, with lots of deaths along the way).

-nako/saryrn
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Sillaen wrote:Third is: Your 81 pet can tank the Prismatic Champion in Cryst (assuming you have group access) with a merc healer for the EM1 (Draconis Servant's wand). They come as a trio, so you'd probably have to burn Lifebringer and Evoker down quickly while pet takes a licking from Champion.
He might have some trouble soloing the access though... :roll:
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Bastler wrote:
Sillaen wrote:Third is: Your 81 pet can tank the Prismatic Champion in Cryst (assuming you have group access) with a merc healer for the EM1 (Draconis Servant's wand). They come as a trio, so you'd probably have to burn Lifebringer and Evoker down quickly while pet takes a licking from Champion.
He might have some trouble soloing the access though... :roll:
I moloed access to this with the exception of the note that drops in Gyrospire Zeka (for MMM access). For that I needed a group to help. I did have a lot of deaths on some of the golems, but those were purely luck related. All of those golems spawn when you get close to their pools, and many have adds with them. The adds can be avoided if you're already in the pool when you aggro the mob. It really comes down to luck. You can run straight in and sometimes they spawn and aggro before you're in the pool, in which case the adds make you go splat. Other times you can make it in before getting aggro, in which case you get the golem solo and it's no problem.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

The level 83 Cauldron summoning has an EM1 level focus in it. You could look in bazaar or ask around to see if a mage has one. I usually drop mine in the guild bank. You need faction to buy the spell, but Tosk is a pretty easy place to solo and getting faction there isn't much of a problem.
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=52890" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Then buff yourself with it, make a new pet, and try to keep it around for awhile. ;)
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Zacatac wrote:The level 83 Cauldron summoning has an EM1 level focus in it. You could look in bazaar or ask around to see if a mage has one. I usually drop mine in the guild bank. You need faction to buy the spell, but Tosk is a pretty easy place to solo and getting faction there isn't much of a problem.
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=52890" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Then buff yourself with it, make a new pet, and try to keep it around for awhile. ;)
And now that it's persistent through death, you can stock pile a few of them.
Eandori Raintree
Elementalist

Post by Eandori Raintree »

Well I'm not going to be leveling up to 83 anytime soon. I'm more likely to de-level back 76 and enjoy all the dark blue mobs that I can still crush nearly as well. But at the moment I'm going to stay 81 for a bit longer. So the level 83 spell is out.

So I'm hearing the EM1 range item is the best Molo target? And that's totally possible for a mage that will NOT be grouping/raiding at all?
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Eandori Raintree wrote: So I'm hearing the EM1 range item is the best Molo target? And that's totally possible for a mage that will NOT be grouping/raiding at all?
Well, I suggested that one under the assumption you already had at least group access to Crystallos. Someone above said they moloed all but 1 fight for access (never tried it so can't confirm that).

Other than that, EM2 from OMM is your best bet. You don't need a full group for it but you do need 3 people to get mission and all 3 in zone to complete mission and loot chest. If they are a couple of friends willing to let you loot the items for brews, it will take 4 days to get 24 brews, and you need 21 to buy it. Otherwise, a week at most doing the 3 missions a day.
Eanelder
Elementalist

Post by Eanelder »

I know you say that grouping is out of the question, but might want to give some thought to doing the Anniversiry task which will guarantee you as a task reward option:

Platinum Companion's Pinion Gear
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: EAR
Charges: Unlimited
AC: 46
STR: +26+3 DEX: +22+1 STA: +27+3 CHA: +23+3 WIS: +26+3 INT: +25+3 AGI: +23+5 HP: +743 MANA: +752 ENDUR: +752
SV FIRE: +34 SV DISEASE: +31 SV COLD: +27 SV MAGIC: +20 SV POISON: +35
Combat Effects: +5 Shielding: +1% Spell Shield: +1% Avoidance: +5 Accuracy: +6 Stun Resist: +1% Strikethrough: +1% DoT Shielding: +1% Attack: +22 HP Regen: +4 Mana Regeneration: +3 Damage Shield: +2 Clairvoyance: 7 Spell Dmg: 4 Dmg Shld Mit: 1 Heal Amount: 3
Recommended level of 85. Required level of 80.
Effect: Tiny Companion (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 1.0)
Effect: Sharpshooting VI (Worn, Casting Time: Instant)
Focus: Enhanced Minion IV
WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
Class: NEC MAG BST
Race: ALL except ELF HEF DWF HFL
Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)
Slot 2, Type 3 (General: Spell Effect)

If you can get someone to sit in the group with you, could even try moloing it, but I think it would be rough. Also offers up an aug in the chest at the end of it.

Details can be found here: http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... f=8&t=1910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;