Re: Prototypical returning player post

Post by Daiou »

For maps you can try here,

http://www.mapfiend.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you need an account but it's free.
Optamos

Post by Optamos »

Thanks! I'll give that a look-see tonight.
BTW, any idea how much pieces of elaborate defiant armor cost in the AH? It probably varies from server to server, huh? Are there pieces for every cloth slot? That's my first real goal...upgrade my gear. Thanks!
Optamos Magaeus (72)
Sage of Cazic Thule
Wyntyr

Post by Wyntyr »

There are dropped pieces for every visible slot, 3 quested pieces for back, waist and neck(maybe face, can't recall) and you can purchase the ears, rings from a vendor in pok near the crescent reach stone.

Prices should be reasonably cheap but yes it varies from server to server.
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

Wyntyr wrote:There are dropped pieces for every visible slot, 3 quested pieces for back, waist and shoulders and you can purchase the ears, face, neck, rings from a vendor in pok near the crescent reach stone.

Prices should be reasonably cheap but yes it varies from server to server.
Good info there, fixed a few mistakes.
Wyntyr

Post by Wyntyr »

Thanks Daiou, been a while since I've done the tasks.
Optamos

Post by Optamos »

Neat, since I may not be able to afford the pieces in the AH (although hopefully I can afford a couple?), I will look into the ones that are quested and the ones that are dropped. I bought an earring off of the PoK vendor (50+ items, right?) because it had the Minion of Darkness pet foci on it (and it was a huge upgrade in and of itself). Alas, that sent me to the poorhouse.

Time to fire up the internet and do some checking! Thanks for the helpful information.
Optamos Magaeus (72)
Sage of Cazic Thule
Optamos

Post by Optamos »

I picked up gloves, boots, a 1hblunt, and a cap for what I thought were reasonable prices in the bazaar (200 plat to 500 plat each) before heading to Nobles' Causeway to hunt some murkgliders (in a feeble effort to see if I could find any nameds that might drop runes). Much to my dismay, I found the murkgliders don't drop much in the way of loot (unlike the mobs in Grieg's End from the other night). I'm thinking I may hit up Plane of Hate or go back to Grieg's End until I get enough plat to replace most of my gear before working NC hard for rune drops.

Or are there better places for a 66 to earn plat? Mostly plat would come from looting mobs and gem drops, right? Maybe occasionally I will get something I can vendor in the bazaar? Thanks!
Optamos Magaeus (72)
Sage of Cazic Thule
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

I always liked to mass kill when farming cash. Old sebilis or Droga where some of my favorite haunts. Nothing special but could get 2 or 3k pp in one evening without breaking a sweat.

Keep in mind that was a long time ago. Might be better places now but point is, killing ALOT of weak mobs (if your goal is money) will yield greater return. :D
Wyntyr

Post by Wyntyr »

you should be able to tear up Dulaks Harbor too at your level, likely no XP but you can bind right by the bank on Gunthank and pop back and forth as needed.
Mehrlicht

Post by Mehrlicht »

Optamos, what server are you on? I've got to wait a little bit to get back into it because of my college's absurd proxy nonsense, but if you're on Bristlebane we should hunt.