The Hole, splitpaw and plane of fire.

Not quite at the level cap.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

The Hole, splitpaw and plane of fire.

Post by Tweelis »

Here's a few of my favorite places for these levels.

The mobs in the bottom of the hole are listed as constructs. At 71 they'll be light blue and go down really really fast.

When you reach 76 get your new air pet and head to splitpaw. You could probably go earlier but the 76 air pet will deal with mobs there a lot better IMO. Also remember to load up your anti-summoned nukes as the mobs in there are also flagged as summoned. Nothing in here runs so no need to use your earth pet.

Plane of Fire is also pretty nice, just remember to not bother with fire nukes.
Wam
Elementalist

Re: The Hole, splitpaw and plane of fire.

Post by Wam »

Hello!

Ware do i find "the hole" zone and is that a good solo spot for lvling from 71 to 76?
I have 72AA grinding for CON AA now.
I have the Sweeper fokus item and 71 Air pet (and plate armor lvl71 ).
I whant to lvl fast to 76 ware i will stay to grind AA.

I have one more question the RS pet/spell wath is that and ware do i find it?

Wam

Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Post by Firen Fury »

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spel ... spell=8037 (info on the spell)

the hole is off of paenile (my spelling sux too, sorry) which is off tox forrest

never hunted the hole for anything but epic drops and the 'raid' mob at the bottom, so i dunno much about that
Image . Image . Image
The 'Preview' Button is Your Friend
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I was just in the hole last night specifically because I thought my vs summoned line of spells would work on these. It might work on the elementals at the top, but on the constructs and gargoyles that are actually worth xp they are not valid targets for the spell. I was only using the level 64 Destroy Summoned spell so maybe higher level anti-summoned spells have a slightly different set of mobs they work on?
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I know Annihilate the Abberant works on them, not sure about the lower level anti-summoned nukes. I guess things got weird in there. Sorry for not verifying that lower level spells work.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I haven't gotten AtA yet (stupid faction merchant spells) but I went to splitpaw last night at 72 (dinged 73 while I was there) and with the theft of essence AA at level 1 (increased to level 2 while there) I would say this would be a great place to solo as a mage. I was in a group of 5 (67 cleric, 67 wizard, 66 ranger, with me boxing a 72 chanter) and we were barreling through the mobs. While the others went afk I pulled a few solo and the 71 air pet with minion of eternity was able to tank well, even without using the chanter to slow. I would just chain destroy summoned and it proced more than enough to keep my pet healed.

I'm loving theft of essence and can't wait to get AtA to try out other "summoned" heavy zones.
fanliorel

Post by fanliorel »

Wow, thanks for the tip Merlaina. I noticed Theft of Essence before, but for some reason the description of it made me think it was something it was not. It says it has a chance to heal your pet if you use "bane" spells, or something to that effect. For some reason, I always thought that meant the spell Banishment, the one that can instantly destroy summoned mobs. I feel like a goof for not realizing it just meant summoned nukes :oops:

What a great ability for places like paw. Before my pet would barely live through many battles, often requiring a heal or two from me. Now with max theft of essence AA he often ends battles at nearly full health. Huge upgrade for fighting in summoned areas, and only 12 AA for all 3 levels. Win.
EQ Mage Tower

Post by EQ Mage Tower »

Just a for your information...

Up until the Annihilate line, summoned nukes ONLY worked on summoned mobs. Not constructs. We asked the devs to go back and change the whole line of spells to work on both summoned and construct, but they refused. Just like they refused to change the Turn Summoned AA.

The Annihilate line of spells work on both obviously, which is why it works great at the bottom of the Hole.
Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Post by Firen Fury »

ive always hated PoFire... its always too crowded, too easy to train, and the mobs are immune to fire... and as a mage, and necro before that, thats just annoying!

:)
Image . Image . Image
The 'Preview' Button is Your Friend
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

So now that I have my first annihilate spell at 73 I went back to the hole to see if it would be good xp. Sadly, it really wasn't very good. Many of the constructs around there were green (even a few grey), and with my merc up (though unnecessary) I think I was getting 4% AA xp a kill. You can go through them pretty fast (2 nukes and about 30-45 seconds of air pet killed most everything) but there's just not really enough of them. After clearing out the whole temple area down to the guardian of the seal I still had to wait a good while before there were respawns. Finally I decided to see if I could solo the guardian and his pair of gargoyles with my merc (I could, close fight at 73, but I made it. Woot!) and then left after that fight.

Moral of the story: once you hit 73 and get your Annihilate spell, the Hole really isn't worth it anymore.