what has good xp AND loot?

Not quite at the level cap.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

what has good xp AND loot?

Post by Merlaina »

So I'm back after a couple of years off and looking for a new hunting ground. I just hit 71, have my new shiny cleric merc, and am wondering where I could go to get good xp and loot, either in pp form or items to sell. I also box a chanter from time to time (my wife's toon, so I'm not going to blow her plat on another merc when my pet tanks just fine).

Lately I've mostly been running the tasks in DSH and killing nymphs there once I'm out of tasks, and the xp and plat there are pretty good, but I was wondering if I'm missing out on something better.

Also I've been looking for a new focus item since I'm still using my DoN focus, which works but I see there is a lot better out there now and it seems they've made focus items at least more accessible. I'm saving felycitum (or whatever it is) for the spire servant focus item for sale here, but it's required level 75. Is there anything I could camp that could tide me over in the mean time? So many expansions have come out since I left that's it's just a flood of information to wade through on allakhazam.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: what has good xp AND loot?

Post by Tweelis »

The gargoyles at the bottom of the hole give great xp/aaxp. They also drop a lot of gems. Most mobs down there are flagged as summoned so you can use your anti-summoned nukes. My baby sk can (with a lot of effort) pull 12 aa's per lesson burn down there. Give it a try.
EQ Mage Tower

Post by EQ Mage Tower »

Merlaina,

As far as pet focuses go, have you checked the new vendor in PoK? He's right in front of the 'Crescent Reach' stone. He sells various non-visible armor slot items. There is a line of earring that he sells that have pet focuses on them. They are called ______ Summoner's Earring. The ______ is Elegant, Elaborate, etc. IIRC, the Elegant version costs 6k plat and has the Chaos pet focus. The equipment only shows up once you are a high enough level, so every 5-10 levels, I'd go back and check to see if you have unlocked anything new.

Now for XP and Loot, I would recommend Splitpaw. Lotsa summoned mobs that have low HP. A lot of the vendor fodder there is in the 30-50 plat range w/ a lot of gems also. Just becareful for roamers, it's easy to start off fighting one mob and end up with 10. Watch the pathing for a few minutes before you start pulling.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Yes, I had checked the vendor who sells the earrings, but unfortunately for some reason that level 70+ armor isn't available to me (wasn't at 72 anyway, may be at 73 now). I had read from others that it doesn't show up until mid to high 70s, but can't seem to get a definitive level for when it becomes available. At this point I have enough Faycitium or whatever it's called to buy the spire servant focus earring in DSH, so I'll probably just push to 75 and then get that.
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Merlaina wrote:I had read from others that it doesn't show up until mid to high 70s, but can't seem to get a definitive level for when it becomes available.
Those defiant items become available at their Recommended lvl, so 75 for the elegant. :?
Wam
Elementalist

Post by Wam »

The wendor for the missions in DSH sell a focus item Energized Wire Coil Spire Servent min level66 max 85

Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Yes, but that earring is required level of 75. All moot for me now since I'm 85 and have EM VI, but still good for others in this level range to take note of.