Best XP in HoT?

Not quite at the level cap.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Best XP in HoT?

Post by Merlaina »

So I'm curious where people have had luck actually getting XP in HoT. It seems the conventional wisdom is that the kill XP kinda stinks, but the task XP is good. I know I personally have boxed Fall of the Tae Ew and Welcome to my Nightmare many times now with my mage and chanter, and at 89 my mage pulls in about 5% xp and the chanter at 85 gets around 8-9%, plus another 1-2% for the kills involved. Of course the other perk of boxing these is the guaranteed item (usually tradeable) and spell (which seems to favor the 86-87 shards).

But where else is really good xp, or what are some tasks that are very easy for the xp payout? One of the solo tasks in Feerrott (uncovering the truth) just requires getting 4 common drops off lizard men, turning those in, and then getting a book off a tae ew ritualist (common off them, though they're not a terribly common mob). It gave good xp for the effort, so long as the tae ew aren't camped all to hell.
Danille

Re: Best XP in HoT?

Post by Danille »

Exp as a ratio of hitpoints/dps needed to kill them has got to be the kill tasks and grinding mobs in The Grounds.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

If you don't want current content (but easy, safe exp), I found Zeka is still very solid. Got 9 AAs off a lesson (wasn't pushing that hard, either), and can do about 4ish in 1/2 hour pretty leisurely. It's not out of this world, but it's really safe solo exp.

As for in HoT itself, grounds/well with kill tasks. Or go to T3. Al`Kabors looks like it'll be about the best spot, maybe, for a Magician. But I really haven't attacked a lot of it solo yet.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I'd kinda rather avoid Zeka just because before my AA grind spot was Beza (was also pulling in about 9-10 a lesson there) and I think I'd like a change of scenery from clockworks. It will still be a good fallback since I have the teleport clicky for the roof.

Last I checked Grounds was really busy on Luclin, but that was about a week ago so maybe it's calmed down some and I won't have to fight for mobs. I've done the progression task there, but none of the others. T3 is currently out for me since I still need the Well group task. Perhaps I should just go to the Well and work on the prereq tasks for there so I can request the group task.

Thanks for the input. If there are other suggestions I'd like to hear them!
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

You will need a good pulled for the well mission. IvU and FD or fade also handy. Lots of crappy agro issues there. Using creative CoH pulls helps in the mud room. The main room needs to be cleared for easier boss fight and the loot chest. Also see invisible mobs just inside every false wall except for off the well room. Oh some mobs there appear to see SoS also. Hope that helps.

May the elements guide and protect you.
Gencogin
Trial Member

Post by Gencogin »

Potion Task in hot1 also very good for AA, you can get about 20 aa in 30min without lesson.
And the best part is they can prelooted.
If you kill fast you can get almost 40 AA in 30min with this task and "welcome to my nightmare" task.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

1. 5 to 10 minutes to get 4+ aa doing the Library tasks from the scholar (say INTERVIEW and LOCATE)...prior to the hail nerf it was just 2 mobs to kill, now it can be 4 or 5. But still quick and easy.
2. Do the first task for Rupkerr in Feerott and get several aa - if you are lucky the first corpse will have the book. His other 2 tasks aren't hard, they just take longer because of the stuff you have to collect...
3. Do All is Not Forgotten Part 1 - very fast if scrolls are rotting in the well, otherwise you get the 4aa and all the kill xp. Doing part 2 is quick as well for another 4aa...just kill 10 spiders and then 2 wimpy named you spawn.
4. Do the first task in Alkabor's for the halfling near zone in (say TRY)...kill 6 whole mobs and get 4 aa for the task completion. Task on everfrost island for dagda is quick too, but pays only 2 aa...and requires a few more mobs.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

The Rivervale ruins, Kill 6 mobs and pick up ground spawns ( 15 aa or 4% reg exp at 90 )
Wastelands of Everfrost, Kill 6 mobs ( 15 aa or 4 % reg exp at 90 )

Both can be solo'd, each takes about 15 minutes. The exp for each quest is almost what you'd get from doing welcome to my nightmare or fall of the tae ew, and these quests are way way easier, everything can be single pulled.

In Al Kabor's nightmare... there are other good quests in the zone as well.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Cielli wrote:The Rivervale ruins, Kill 6 mobs and pick up ground spawns ( 15 aa or 4% reg exp at 90 )

Both can be solo'd, each takes about 15 minutes. The exp for each quest is almost what you'd get from doing welcome to my nightmare or fall of the tae ew, and these quests are way way easier, everything can be single pulled.

I was just turned onto these a few nights ago and I'll second what you posted; only I do them with friends so the aaxp isn't as good. One of these days I'll try it solo (are mercs needed?); plus the dreammotes don't hurt.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Cielli wrote:The Rivervale ruins, Kill 6 mobs and pick up ground spawns ( 15 aa or 4% reg exp at 90 )

Just did The Rivervale ruins, Kill 6 mobs and pick up ground spawns

Got 4 AA's not 15 as advertised.

Has it been nerfed?

Sued...