Blackfeather Roost for AAs

Not quite at the level cap.
Liralen

Blackfeather Roost for AAs

Post by Liralen »

I like to find those "sweet spots" for experience, and here is one. Even normal experience in Blackfeather Roost is really good--not as good as the Hole, but usuallly you have the place to yourself. The regular mobs are easy with a merc cleric from about level 50. There are 3 tiers of mobs on the plateau--the regular cats, snakes, and bear cubs; then the medium mobs such as the poisonous snake and the cunning puma, and the really hard ones such as the injured snake and the healthy puma.

What I really want to talk about are AAs, though. At level 59, this place is AA paradise for an AFK mom such as myself. At 59 the mobs are almost all light blue with an occasional dark blue named mob. You don't need your merc for anything but the big guys, the injured snake and the healthy puma. I make about 30-40 AAs a day while I'm cleaning house. It's also pretty good money, although you don't get much else in the way of drops; for instance, defiant armor drops noticeably less here than in other zones. I park my pet in the graveyard and pull there to him. The middle and hard mobs will add if they see you fighting a regular mob, but nothing else seems to add. The pumas are aggro to me as a high elf, but the bears and snakes are indifferent.

I hope you find this post useful :)
Jedis
Administrator

Re: Blackfeather Roost for AAs

Post by Jedis »

I didn't know you could go here at such a low level... but, yeah, this zone is awesome.

When I started playing EQ again a couple years ago, I leveled from 70ish to 76ish in here on the last couple of islands. Awesome exp, the lore items that the random rares drop sell for a nice chunk of change (500-1000pp each, even better if you can summon the mechanical merchant using the Vet AA to sell without leaving and loot more).

Definitely one of the cooler mid level zones. I love the mechanic of completing the storyline on the island in order to advance to the next one.