BoT for Level 71 AAXP

Not quite at the level cap.
Erazmus

BoT for Level 71 AAXP

Post by Erazmus »

I haven’t seen anything about BoT here, so here’s what I gathered today.

Intro info
Nuke of choice: 71 Bolt RKII
Mana / Hit Point: 11K / 10K
AA count: 360
Key buffs: Seer’s Cognizance RKII with Elemental Simulacrum
Pet used: 71 Air.
No merc needed.

The details
At lunch I normally burn my lesson in the Hole. Today there were too many people, and I started to wonder, “I haven’t been to BoT in a while.” So I gated and ran over to the Bastion of Thunder. I wasn’t sure what to expect. The zone was completely empty (I play on Tunare). I ran inside and went to the area just inside but on the right-hand side once you walk up the first staircase. All mobs were easily single pulls, everything summons, and there are some roamers.

The main three mobs I pulled were: A Jord Profet, A Jord Militis, and A Jord Tyv. Some of the Militis’ have more hit points than others. Adds are not a problem. It takes between 2 to 3 nukes per fight. And I let the pet do the rest. There are the occasional earth elementals, so when my pet was low, I’d use my level 46 Banish Summoned spell on it for the Theft of Essence heal of 3k. Worked out well. After about 4 to 5 fights, Goner was about 20% life. I could find an Elemental for ToE usually by then. If I had to, I’d bring out the merc just for the heals, and stuff him back in the pocket.

With the mana regen, I was able to kill nonstop, nuking 2 to 3 times as needed and medding while Goner did the rest. AAXP was 12% to 16% and 24% to 32%+ with lesson on. Mobs went down pretty quick, I’d say 15 to 30 seconds per mob. Faster if I crit or had radiant mana go off for the RS. 10 to 12 AAs for lesson easily doable.

All in all, there is very little risk here for the AAxp. It’s a nice change of scenery, and the loot isn’t too bad. I think this will replace the Hole for me.

Hopefully someone will find this info useful.

Eraz
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Re: BoT for Level 71 AAXP

Post by Merlaina »

I remember when this used to be THE zone to go to for xp. Shortly after returning from my break (I was 70) I came back here and found it to still be pretty good xp. It wasn't as awesome as I remembered, but with ~200 AA I was still pulling some pretty fast XP.
Optamos

Re: BoT for Level 71 AAXP

Post by Optamos »

I would add Drunder (Fortress of Zek) since it is the current 65 hot spot. Mobs will run at low health, but with the air pet's stun and a well-timed nuke at around 25% (using the 71 bolt, I only have rank I) they don't get far. The mobs are generally spaced out enough that a runner won't bring back friends, although it's not the end of the world if they do. I've molo'd here with a cheapo healing merc since dinging 71 and am about to ding 72. I only have 140ish aa's and generic gear and spells, so anyone can do it really. Good luck!
Optamos Magaeus (72)
Sage of Cazic Thule