PL'ing an Alt...

Not quite at the level cap.
EQ Mage Tower

PL'ing an Alt...

Post by EQ Mage Tower »

So, for those that don't know once a toon is lvl 56, it can group with a lvl 85 and get XP. I'd have thought it would need to be lvl 57 but I tested this myself.

Anyways, once my alt was grouped with me, I was mass killing in PoI. The alt wasn't getting any AAxp however it was getting reg XP. This is odd, because the mobs are gray con to the level 85.

This implies that the belief that if the mob is grey con to anyone in the group no one gets XP is wrong when it comes to reg XP. It is correct though when it comes to AA XP. Also as a side note, there are a ton of mobs in the game that con LB to a lvl 85 that take almost no effort to kill. I was mass pulling 20+ mobs in RCoD from OoW expansion and beaming them to get the alt AA's.
Elentarri
Elementalist

Re: PL'ing an Alt...

Post by Elentarri »

the mob has to be green to the lvl 85 in order for the lvl 56 to get aa exp lol
EQ Mage Tower

Post by EQ Mage Tower »

Exactly, it's gotta be green to the lvl 85 to get AAxp but can be gray to the lvl 85 and still get reg XP.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Aye, AA exp used to work like regular exp before they revamped and normalized AA exp gain, then they ended up taking the normal formula of how a character gains exp when grouped with a higher level and changed it so the exp is based off of what it cons to the highest level in the group. Although they did change it a little bit so the lower level will get a bonus to the exp split based on what it cons to them.

Ex.

light blue to 85 gives the 85 say 3% AA exp grouped with the low level. Before they added the bonus (this was also before the low AA bonus was introduced as well) the low level would also only get 3%AA as well.
This pissed off a lot of the people and much flaming insued to the devs. So what they did was they added a bonus to exp based on what the mob conned to the low level.

So if it gave the 85 3% AA in a kill, with the bonus the low level would get say 4-6% per kill since the mob killed was a red con to the low level. I don't remember the numbers to the bonus, so these numbers are purely for examples sake. Of course, this also made things help out a lot as well once the low AA bonus got introduced. Currently I think the low AA bonus is something like 275%, or 300% at 0 AAs.

So now with all of these exp bonuses when an 85 kills a light blue mob grouped with a 56, instead of the 56 getting only 3% AA per kill, now add the bonus for the mob conning red, and 300% onto that for being at low AAs and all the sudden you have 15+% per kill instead of only 3. Which with us being able to chain, or even sometimes pull 5-10LB mobs at once and beam them down, that definitely makes for some insane exp for the plevelee.