Not quite at the level cap.
magerdamage
Trial Member

geting form 82 to 90 fastest way

Post by magerdamage »

ok gear wise

Me http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/chara ... 8088798431
My husband http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/chara ... 8087045502

am switching form a rng to this mage as my main for guild need to get to 85 with 500+ aa to do swich

any ideas besides doing the quest/missions in Hot for fast xp? we do the mission and such but they have lock out timers so looking or something for inbetween.

i am t3 and and husband is t4 for hot
Danille

Re: geting form 82 to 90 fastest way

Post by Danille »

Solo and group missions in The Grounds or a grind in either Toskirakk or Kaesora Library (current hotzones)
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

3 mission arc from Rupkerr in Feerrott gets you a bunch of xp at the final turn in. The first mission, if you are lucky, can be done in 5 minutes per person, and is worth 2aa or so at 90. They are called An Expedition Gone Awry, Uncovering the Truth, and A Cursed Cure. Also in Feerrott is the kill 16 lizards task from Ashrin T'Vahn called Appeasing a Teir'Dal isn't too bad either, and has a shot at some named. I only do these tasks, though, if no one is camping the ghost area (3 mission arc) or the Sentinel named (lizards by CT), otherwise it's a waste of time.

2 missions from Scholar Kintorom in the Library. Both can be done together and take a total of 5 minutes per person most of the time (plus however long respawn is on the books/mobs). 2aa's each at 90, and most of the time you only have to kill 2 mobs total. Unfortunately to get to repeat them you have to do the last mission in his arc as well, and you probably will need help on that, but once it's down you can do these 2 every 6 hours easily and very fast. On Bert the library is almost always empty so this is usually a slam dunk run.

I avoid House of Thule in HoT as the place is camped 24x7 on Bertox.

I avoid Eruidin Burning in HoT as the place is cramped and train central on Bertox.

In the Well do the All is Not Forgotten Part 1 and All is Not Forgotten Part 2 missions. Part 1 you can do even if the zone is camped - just get people to let you loot the rotting scrolls - and is worth 4aa at 90 to complete. Part 2 is essentially a "kill 10" task with a couple quest named at the end, and is not too bad if you figure out your positioning.

In the Grounds do the kill tasks for dogs, snakes, etc. Go to the gnome, get the set of kill tasks, go smack mobs, and as soon as one is complete get it again quick.

In Toskirakk do the pigs - slaughter em enmass and also smack whatever ogres you can get. Or do an ogre camp.

In Field of Scale slaughter all the animals in the zone enmass. You can do the Food Supplies task for Severilous while doing this. If you haven't done the Grand Illusion arc from Phara Dar, make sure to do that as the mask is very helpful in the entire FoS theme.

Kaesora Library hotzone is also good...and while in there grab the various tasks from the dragons in FoS that send you there.

The OMM missions in PoK used to be ok, but no longer give xp so won't help you now. While it's running, you can do the New Years tasks from Kilna and Pizmip (new bazaar zone in PoK) for some xp, but the xp ZEM in the instance really is bad...but it is something to do.

Raspers is a good place to look to get an idea of what you can do where and how much xp is gotten. Not 100% accurate, but it is close enough... http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guides/index.html

Stay out of Underfoot for the most part, unless you are already flagged. If flagged for tier 8 there, then do the inventor's task The Grand Experiment, and his other task as you get enough drops. Also Searching for a Cure which is also easy. One exception: Do the Filling the Repository task from Magnite Ordinator Bammor in Peculid Grotto - its not too bad and there is a safe spot for all the pulling you have to do, etc.
Last edited by svenalo on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Also, once you are flagged for T3 in HoT, do the arc that unlocks the access to the various islands - these are worth pretty good xp (especially the first one which gives 4aa's at level 90).
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

For 83-85 do the Tosk boars, that was my fav place to solo at a relaxed pace. That was before it was a hot zone. Now xp is even better. The pigs are a joke, would pull the whole area and crag them all. They give the same xp as the ogres and are a third as tough. 86+ do the progression missions, all the kill tasks and prequests. Just doing those will put you well on the way to leveling and get you your access to end game zones, then finish your levels doing more kill tasks or for more productive kills farm T4 names, get the needed gear and finish levels. Doing this will get you well into your RK.2 spells, pick up gear, complete trophies and get your progression done. With solid effort, it took most of my guild about 10 days or less to make 90 and finish progression, at 85. Also if you need AAs during this, non-mission xp is low for kills, while AA xp is not that bad for normal kills.

May the elements guide and protect you.
Wam
Elementalist

Post by Wam »

Failcon wrote:For 83-85 do the Tosk boars, that was my fav place to solo at a relaxed pace. That was before it was a hot zone. Now xp is even better. The pigs are a joke, would pull the whole area and crag them all. They give the same xp as the ogres and are a third as tough. 86+ do the progression missions, all the kill tasks and prequests. Just doing those will put you well on the way to leveling and get you your access to end game zones, then finish your levels doing more kill tasks or for more productive kills farm T4 names, get the needed gear and finish levels. Doing this will get you well into your RK.2 spells, pick up gear, complete trophies and get your progression done. With solid effort, it took most of my guild about 10 days or less to make 90 and finish progression, at 85. Also if you need AAs during this, non-mission xp is low for kills, while AA xp is not that bad for normal kills.
The Tosk boars is that the Warboars in Toskirakk?
Is there any mission/quest on them?

deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

A friend and me are doing the quests in brells rest. Kill 5 lava elementals, 5 steam elementals, a bunch of burynai, and 5 nestlings. Each one gives ~8AA each at 88(plus the few you get doing the killing) for a total of 32. Then we do the 3 group tasks (not mission), they also each give about 8AA a piece at 88.
You can repeat all 7 of these every 6 hours. It's awsome. If your straight leveling, each quest completion gave me 2-3% of a lvl of 87, and I got a bunch more from the actual killing too.
It may feel that killing takes a bit in brells rest, but it's worth it, especially if there are two of you
Wam
Elementalist

Post by Wam »

deadman1204 wrote:A friend and me are doing the quests in brells rest. Kill 5 lava elementals, 5 steam elementals, a bunch of burynai, and 5 nestlings. Each one gives ~8AA each at 88(plus the few you get doing the killing) for a total of 32. Then we do the 3 group tasks (not mission), they also each give about 8AA a piece at 88.
You can repeat all 7 of these every 6 hours. It's awsome. If your straight leveling, each quest completion gave me 2-3% of a lvl of 87, and I got a bunch more from the actual killing too.
It may feel that killing takes a bit in brells rest, but it's worth it, especially if there are two of you
Awesome!

Thanks now i have new stuff to tryout
There is always loads off stuff in EQ thanks