AA xp

Not quite at the level cap.
mage76

AA xp

Post by mage76 »

Hi all just joined and wanted give a few places where i go soloing for XP.I'm a 76 mage with 1009 AA's defiant gear mixed with some group equipment from SOD i have my 1.5 too.First place is Bloody Kithicor in SOD.What i do is pop a healer merc and start killin wolfs,bears,snakes,spiders they con yellow white and dark blue,the AA xp is really good IMO,the named animals that u might come across drop some nice items and they all drop vendor loot spells and sometimes tomes so you will have money.Rss is another great spot you can solo here very well at say 72- 76 the xp is good AA is better the loot is decent and there are augs that drop here as well as the items needed for the mage epic 1.5.The problem here is the mobs summon and you will have adds but thats what makes it challenging alot of fun and great place to get in trouble!.It will get hairy at times have ya sayin OH MAN I"M DEAD!!! but hang in there might have to help heal pet a bit due to adds but hey thats more xp give it a try.I go downstairs for the ice guys are spells work better on them if it gets to crazy start using your Aa's to burn the mobs should be fine.If ya go upstairs prepare to have your spells ressited alot gotta debuff first cast mal on them and that will help give it a try
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: AA xp

Post by Tweelis »

Any chance you can post what a good rate of AA's out of these places is for you? Is 4 AA's an hour with no lesson going good? 6? 8? 10?

It's usually more beneficial to give numbers for comparisons sake when talking about things like this.
mage76

Post by mage76 »

oh yeah sorry for Bloddy kithicor you get 4-7 and hour at Rss its mabe 4-6 an hour
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Back when i was about your level -- Had raid gear though, but you can get equivalent pet focus these days.

Korascian Warrens -- Kill the Golems -- No merc needed so you get all the exp instead of splitting it witht he merc -- Just chain RS -- Med as you need to -- all the golems are single pulls, just kill the roamer first

Camp at the quest giver on his raised platform -- can pull all the mobs with malo from there while sitting on your horse.

Sued...
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

You might want to try plane of fire or splitpaw.
mage76

Post by mage76 »

I would but i play on Zek my pet is gonna do nothing to Pkers and i dont have a chance at least in splitpaw fire is kinda boring to me when i was ther farming powders for research.I did solo sleeprs tomb for powders and was havin fun so i stayed til i got bored or died which ever came first.I did not die but think i made it down to the dragons door just never went in to try it
Nylrem0fTest

Post by Nylrem0fTest »

My suggestion is the robots in dsh or even Mech Fort/guardian/beza if you're feeling good or want to use a merc. They count as summoned creatures as well. Additionally, if you do the beza instance (need 3 toons in a group to get, not sure if mercs count) you have a chance to get the clicky snare or root items that are rare drops there.
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Post by Adonhiram »

Mercs count, yes. At 76 in Beza it will be very doable if you stick to the entrance mobs on the platform plus the roamers. You can just do and redo the instance which will gave as good xps as the static zone and is safer without repops, and with the slight hope of the clicky dropping (but it's really more to say "I have it", the recast delay is pretty long). Have fun !

Once you hit 81, you can try Zeka too, plus there are no gnomes at all there which makes things easier for the spell choices (can just have only your best and second best AtA nuke memed). And of course SoD zones/tasks. Find some friends to do the Rathe theme for your T5 mercenary :idea:
Nylrem0fTest

Post by Nylrem0fTest »

Mixed mob types shouldn't be an issue at all if using a multibind key (extensive info on other posts here how) and just use RS, AtA, AtA, bolt, bolt, fickle or however you want to do your lineup (I usually used 2 bolts when mixed with 2 AtA for the lower GoM proc usage).

I'm really not sure about Zek, being that it's a special ruleset server if it has hotzones, but the level 75 hotzone should provide you with much better than 6-7 AA per hour, especially if it's one you can efficiently solo in.

Another great spot I forgot about is elementals in Katta Castrum. They are summoned mobs, low hp, and very fast respawn timers. My favorite spot for them was just west of the greenhouse when going for xp, however there are a couple named aug droppers you can look up, there, too.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

At that level I spent a lot of time soloing in Jewel of Attiki for AA's - the efretti don't summon and can be easily single pulled. Just make sure to pull with cancel magic to knock off the haste the chanter types cast on the other mobs. You can also do the quest arc for the spectre illusion mask.