Bottom of The hole 59-71

Not quite at the level cap.
Wati
Magician

Bottom of The hole 59-71

Post by Wati »

In short why I like the Hole:
Close to PoK, good xp, good loot.

I got here at 59, and with a Tank Merc we did very well deep down in the Hole. Fighting the broken constructs at the bottom, I got about 6-7 AAs/lesson at 59 (~100AA), 7-8 AAs/lesson at 61 (~250AA). I’m currently 66 and haven’t hunted AAs for a few days...

At 63 I traded my Tank Merc for a Clr to test if xp improved. I was quite disappointed, the xp flow decreased a lot. It’s also way to boring to use the clr merc, you don’t need to pay any attention to your game play, it was slow and boring...

I tried to pocket my Clr merc and I think the xp flow increased a little bit compared to using the Tank Merc, but Its also got more challenging. Today I have the Clr merc pocketed for buffing and rezzing if needed.

I have limited time to play, but yesterday I got 49% of level 66 in my lesson, and about 1000-1500pp.

I plan to get to 67 (to easily pocket my pet) and start to farm AAs until I cannot survive the boredom... Then get to 71 and Farm some more AAs there.

I cannot play more than 60-90 minutes a day atm, so trying to maximize my use of the lesion(Veteran AA) is one of the goals I have... Right now I’m using self buffs + Clr Merc buffs, my steadfast servant(Veteran AA), C-pots and DS-pots (I’m tanking and chain nuking). I’m also currently experimenting with the Chaotic Jester(Veteran AA), he is annoying but normally provides me with FM a few times during my lesson. I’m mainly using defiant gear of various sorts... I got no Defensive AAs(defense 190/232? and going up)

I’m quite sure Celestial Healing pots could substitute the Steadfast Servant.

/Happy hunting - and stay away from the Hole if you are on my server ;)
Wati
Magician

Re: Bottom of The hole 59-71

Post by Wati »

Currently (dont know if this will continue after the release of Underfoot) Hole is invaded by high level mobs. They are red to lvl 70 and hit for 3600. However they dont see invis.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

The new high level mobs in the hole will be around until the beginning of December according to the Sony boards.

I'm glad you found the hole; it's a great place to get aaxp and levels.

Do you by chance deck your pet out with gear or just summon, buff and fight? If you don't deck it out you might try it once or twice to see if it's worth it.

When I went there on my sk and decked my pet out in defiant gear it went from a speedbump to an actual offtanking machine......and that's saying a lot for a sk pet.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Tweelis wrote:The new high level mobs in the hole will be around until the beginning of December according to the Sony boards.

Do you by chance deck your pet out with gear or just summon, buff and fight? If you don't deck it out you might try it once or twice to see if it's worth it.

When I went there on my sk and decked my pet out in defiant gear it went from a speedbump to an actual offtanking machine......and that's saying a lot for a sk pet.
Aye, one of the great things about pets is since they don't have gear gear like players, the gear we do equip them with is basically raw AC because it doesn't hit any kind of soft AC cap. That's why equipping a pet with defiant gear makes such a huge difference in tanking power. Each piece is kind of like putting on a shield in each slot in a sense when you equip a pet with a piece of armor.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Darkenr wrote:
Tweelis wrote:The new high level mobs in the hole will be around until the beginning of December according to the Sony boards.

Aye, one of the great things about pets is since they don't have gear gear like players, the gear we do equip them with is basically raw AC because it doesn't hit any kind of soft AC cap. That's why equipping a pet with defiant gear makes such a huge difference in tanking power. Each piece is kind of like putting on a shield in each slot in a sense when you equip a pet with a piece of armor.
Imagine an AA that allows you to open a pet window and give your pet armor that is persistant through death ;) Would have to nerf pets however so as to not be overpowered....heh.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

pandax wrote:
Darkenr wrote:

Imagine an AA that allows you to open a pet window and give your pet armor that is persistant through death ;) Would have to nerf pets however so as to not be overpowered....heh.
Aye, that's precisely why I don't actually want to have armor persist through death. I think it would then not only defeat the purpose of the pet armor summoning spells, but it would also cause the devs to have to tone pets down to compensate the no risk increase to power pets would receive via farming the best tradeable armor for whatever expansion and equipping it on the pet.

Although I would still VERY much like to see a pet inventory option where we can at the very least see what the pet is currently wearing, along with the ability to see all of the pet's stats and whatnot.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Actually, I always wanted pets to have stats based on their owner stats, similiar to how resists used to be.

I would have much rather seen that than pet focuses. That was always one of my turnoffs to the mage class back in the day. Your power does not increase nearly as much as that of a tank classes. Also, in an attempt to balance group and raid mages, a group geared mage's pet with a decent focus will often out tank a similiarly geared and AA'ed tank..... which just isn't right.
Wati
Magician

Post by Wati »

Tweelis wrote:I'm glad you found the hole; it's a great place to get aaxp and levels.

Memmory is fading slowly (Ive done 200 AAs in Paw since I left Hole)...

But in the Hole I just gave my 66 pet mask+belt+wep and I assit nuked mobs while he took them one by one, I avoided getting doubles. He lasted 4-5 mobs before I had to let him rest for a few seconds to regain full health. I didnt needed to heal him on a tripple pull if he was full healt at the beggining, I just had to chain nuke to get rid of the mobs one by one. I dont had a heal in my spellbook, and I didnt miss it. Just mend companion for emergencies.

Im 71 and hunting in paw right now. I really hope I will have the possibility to check out the AAxp in Hole before i continue leveling...

BR
Wati
XIWilliam

Website with free online games

Post by XIWilliam »

Using the Internet has changed all our daily activities in our life thus playing computer games is not an exception.

Nowadays varities of free online games are available like <a href="http://www.funnygamez.info"> free funny games <a>, <a href="http://www.funnygamez.info"> Flash Internet based games </a>, online multiplayer games etc.
Out of that the Flash Internet based games are most admired and hundreds of sites are available for them like http://www.funnygamez.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
that provides games in free of cost.

So in that website I pass most of my free time having fun . Why don't you check it too?
Deq

Post by Deq »

Ok, I've just had a run around the hole, I'm 61 now, so thought I'd do some AA down there. I entered under the water in Paineel, wandered around and only found a handful of mobs that weren't grey. So I'm obviously in the wrong area although looking at the map I thought I did pretty well. Is there anyway to get down the death hole leap without dying? Is that the way to go or is there an area I should be looking for?

Cheers
Deqs