Mala and resists

Not quite at the level cap.
jimbox114
Trial Member

Mala and resists

Post by jimbox114 »

Have a 71 mage 212 aa. Been getting really annoyed since getting higher level with the resist mobs seem to have in general. Try to grind AA in The Hole and I can rarely land a mala and its about a 50 50 chance of landing nukes, Its my understanding some enemies in The Hole are MR, but still they are light blue to me now!

Another problem is when I get in a group I suck. LAst night is a good example was in a Farm group in Dragon Scale Hills. Every time something would get pulled Id send my pet in and attempt to cast my lvl 71 Mala. Id say 75% of the time Mala is resisted (especially the bugs). So if I try to keep landing mala its not uncommon to see 2 resists. By this time the mob is usually low health. By the time I cast my nuke even with maxed out AA haste I MIGHT get the spell to hit about the time the mob has 5% hp.

If I just say heck with Mala and try to nuke its about a 50 50 chance of my nuke even landing and if it does land another 50 50 chance of actually hitting for its full amount. I find this very annoying when I watch melee classes just standing there auto attacking doing more damage than I do.

So whats the deal with stuff being resisted so badly? I mean you even have some mobs you can't even land nukes on AT ALL yet I have never found any mobs that are melee immune to hinder melee classes. I know at 75 there is an AA mala you can buy but that's still a good ways to go and seems like Mala should be one of those spells that isn't resisted very easily. Most of the time I can land my spells 80% of the time if the mob has a successful mala but that's no good when you gotta spend the whole freakin fight just to land one. Then You run into the issue of burning your mana up too quick (takes 1k mana to attempt Mala 3 times).

I have even tried switching to my blades nuke and it seems to get resisted even more than my fire spell (and it does alot less damage).
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Mala and resists

Post by Voragath »

Either roll with the level 60 mala, which is unresistable, or cast mala then land malosinise. Personally, when I had that problem around that level, I'd just switch to using mala and didn't even bother with malosinise.
jimbox114
Trial Member

Post by jimbox114 »

Voragath wrote:Either roll with the level 60 mala, which is unresistable, or cast mala then land malosinise. Personally, when I had that problem around that level, I'd just switch to using mala and didn't even bother with malosinise.
Oh I didn't know the lvl 60 couldn't be resisted. That should help out quite abit.
Aither
Elementalist

Post by Aither »

While the spell data shows that this spell is unresitable, you can and will get reists on occasion. One example is using it in anguish.
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Post by Adonhiram »

In the Hole, many mobs are elemental types, on those, you'd better using our AtA line of nukes which is very low resist (in a much higher proportion than you'd get with the Malo line of debuffes).

Keep in mind the unresistable level 60 Mala is not as strong of course as the regular (and resistable) Malo-line spells.

In DSH, it's normal that you get more resists than usual because the zone was supposed to be a kind of melee-paradise : high resist, low physical damage mobs.

I'm retired now from EQ, but this still belongs to my memories :-) Have fun and be safe !