Mag 79 need edvise

Not quite at the level cap.
Wam
Elementalist

Mag 79 need edvise

Post by Wam »

Hi all back again!
I wounder if life can be any more chaotic lol.

Well im not going to get in to my life. but it have made me need to take so many breaks from Everquest.
So now again i stand here needing advise about leveling and so.

I am now level 79 i made a second account and have a level 65 Cleric i am power leveling. The thing is where is a good spoot to go i have made a few level in WoS (on the Cleric) and i got even some nice AA's but geting slow now.

Do you all have any good spots i can do a camp and make good Xp for both Cleric 65 and my mage 79 i do relay want to get the 81 Air pet and a fokus item for that tier and hopefully my Cleric is going to close up the gap in levels to...
is there maybe a mission i can do with them thats not to hard.

I try-id Field of scale with the Mag but 7-9 weak mobs for 1% lol will take me for ever to get up to 81
I know i have some AA's to get to but i never liked any other pet then Air
Can i kill the normal mobs in field of scale with the Earth pet 79 (dont have it yet)
And do you all think with some more AA's and the 81 Air can i do void D for Tier5 merc? Or is they to hard?

I know i have asked befor but i ask again so mybe some others can be help't to...
Plz id be so glad for some help from you all...

Kraymerica
Magician

Re: Mag 79 need edvise

Post by Kraymerica »

You can go to brine of prexus camp in Katta. Super easy camp, use your vs summoned line of nukes here.
Wam
Elementalist

Post by Wam »

Kraymerica wrote:You can go to brine of prexus camp in Katta. Super easy camp, use your vs summoned line of nukes here.
Aye have been in that camp for so long lol
done a few levels but so slow now at 79 well AA is still awesome kill fast but the xp is slow maybe 0.1-0.2 a kill well about 7 kills for 1% xp thats about 700 elementals...
hehe
Well if i don't have my box Cleric with me i get more xp i think.

Ninafae

Post by Ninafae »

since we had similar posts with our level 79 i try step in this post.

i did katta for a long time now. at 79 with no merch up (not needed even if you have pulled quite a few elementals) i gain 1 aa level with lesson on and air pet out with killing around 6 mobs (mix of light blue and blue = approx 17% a kill). camp is riskless and easy but boring.

on advise i tried field of scale. the little mobs con yellow to 79 (wolfs, snakes, bats). due to not beeing summoned i have to use the firespells and malo at least to do some nice dmg. setting camp up at the "save spot" you have to pull mobs out of the open field, mostly easy but sometimes a roamer jumps in. time needed to kill and pull is significantly higher than in katta.

next i will try is beza since it was advised as answer in my initial post. i will see how this works.

i was thinking about creating an Raf account to push a second char up (should be easy for 51) so i would be able to dual box like in the past. do you guys have any advise by choosing a class? in earlier days i had a druid runnning with me, thinking now about a shaman. would it be a good choice?

Nina
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I use to box a shaman forever ago. While it was easy to make a couple of hotkeys to send the pet in, slow and hit the mob with a couple of dots and panther my pet it really didn't add all that much. Granted I was using the air pet back then almost exclusivly so the slow plus stun wasn't that noticable.

A few mages (including some around here) swear by bards. They add so much to a mage it's silly. They can slow nearly as good as shaman but everything else they bring just eclipses a shaman. Mind you though I've only played a bard to level 15 so my information is second hand at best. I'm sure others can fill you in better.
Ninafae

Post by Ninafae »

i somehow had in mind that bards are a realy tricky class to play. song twisting sounded like a full time job where it would be hard to realy do something on another toon. i have zero experience playing bards, only seen them in the past (6 years ago). is playing a bard more easy nowadays?
Wam
Elementalist

Post by Wam »

Well why not a Cleric?
I have a cleric boxed with me, i like the good Hot's and a CH now and then and you have a good STR buff, and good AC.HP buff.
Not specially hard to box them if you can set up a good camp you have easy playing.

Kraymerica
Magician

Post by Kraymerica »

As sad as this may sound, and it makes me sad as well, I have yet to find a place that beats katta elementals up until 84. The rate at which you can kill them and their respawn being so fast makes it hard to beat. Beza is better xp per kill yes, but the mobs have WAY more HP and hit WAY harder.

The best xp/hr is in katta. If nothing else, grind out to 81 there and then grind as many aa as you can, then never go back.
Kraymerica
Magician

Post by Kraymerica »

I was getting 10-12% reg xp (20% to aa) per lesson there in katta at 83 still. At 84 I am trying the gators in Loping, while they are not "weak con for melee" style mobs, they are also light blue already at 84. The xp has been about the same, 10-12% reg xp per lesson. I am hoping when I get to 86, new air pet will make soloing in Beza worth it, but for me at least (EM5, 800 AA), beza was a bit too tough still at 83/84.
Wam
Elementalist

Post by Wam »

Kraymerica wrote:I was getting 10-12% reg xp (20% to aa) per lesson there in katta at 83 still. At 84 I am trying the gators in Loping, while they are not "weak con for melee" style mobs, they are also light blue already at 84. The xp has been about the same, 10-12% reg xp per lesson. I am hoping when I get to 86, new air pet will make soloing in Beza worth it, but for me at least (EM5, 800 AA), beza was a bit too tough still at 83/84.
Well i will by xp potions i hate to do that but i feel i have no other choice whit my small time frame for playing.
Well and i will try to get a weekend non stop playing so i can get up to next air pet...

Wam