Mag 79 need edvise

Not quite at the level cap.
Ninafae

Re: Mag 79 need edvise

Post by Ninafae »

might be cheaper to have an raf account since you run a box anyways? i decided to have a shami as box now. grouped you have always an exp bonus. and this even better than the potions.
Wam
Elementalist

Post by Wam »

Ninafae wrote:might be cheaper to have an raf account since you run a box anyways? i decided to have a shami as box now. grouped you have always an exp bonus. and this even better than the potions.
but do you get the bonus even if the box is low level?
Well have leveled a cle to 67 don't want to do all that one more time...

Ninafae

Post by Ninafae »

since you start a RAF Account with a head start char on level 51 with 50 aa and fully skilled and your mage is level 79 you need only 2 more level on the boxed toon without beeing grouped. hire a tank merch on the box head to nadox, pull with mage, fire shield merch. its about 10 to 12 kills to gain the two levels. after that you can group up and just kill with the mage. if you kill mobs in your regular killing grounds you need 5 kill for every level of teh box. sadly aa exp seems to be capped sinde you need also 5 kills to gain an aa on the box. after reaching 53 on the boxed toon you will need to invest around 60 to 90 minutes untill you have the new toon on the same level than you cleric is now.

but the benefits are pretty clear. you have always a 50% exp bonus, grouped an 100% exp bonus on mage. box has group up to 3 times of the normals exp as long as box is lower level. costs of a second account you pay already. you get 1 month free as you sign on the RAF account. you save allt he money for exp pots.

seems quite a good choice no?
Belthil

Post by Belthil »

Kraymerica wrote:I was getting 10-12% reg xp (20% to aa) per lesson there in katta at 83 still. At 84 I am trying the gators in Loping, while they are not "weak con for melee" style mobs, they are also light blue already at 84. The xp has been about the same, 10-12% reg xp per lesson. I am hoping when I get to 86, new air pet will make soloing in Beza worth it, but for me at least (EM5, 800 AA), beza was a bit too tough still at 83/84.
I'm surprised to hear this as I find Beza to be better xp than Katta elementals for me. I never tried beza prior to level 81, but with EMIV focus (thank you loyalty vendor!) and a few ranks in theft of essence AAs I could chain nuke the clockworks (alternating annihilate the unnatural rk.II and annihilate the aberrant rk.II) without needing to pull anything fancy to survive. On an unlucky streak without enough theft of essence heals I'd have to pop replenish companion or pop a few AAs to boost dps (e.g. host of elements, etc.) but that's rare. My main problem with Beza is that I can kill all of the easily pullable clockworks near the entrance and still have 12+ minutes left on my lesson burn. I either have to go back and request a new instance or settle for slightly less efficient killing of the non-clockwork mobs (which do generally require me to use promised recovery to keep the pet up).
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

The trick to beza and zeka is to look up the gyrospire relocation device quest and get your clicky. The roof of both those zones is much better xp and there's a nearly endles supply of mobs if you go down the ramps.