Crystallos info and query

Not quite at the level cap.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Crystallos info and query

Post by Piemastaj »

IIRC they can split into 5 mobs if you do not kill them fast enough. I am unsure if those splits all do the same DMG or not, but they are a pita.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

Yes, Air squire PH is that drake sitting next to pad.

The eyes spawn 4-5 adds when you get them below a certain percentage i think... at a random place (usually on top of the healer). During SoF era it got bad enough that the cleric would DA at 70% or whatever it was that triggered the adds. I would pop stone core and start running circles around the SK. They were bloody evil (eyes).
Last edited by nako on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

Yes, four adds popping on your head makes for a quick trip to bind. The eyes also see SoS, move very quickly when aggroed and cast a snare. Fortunately their aggro range is not large and have predictable pathing.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Hmmm, well I will avoid the eyes then. Actually, at level 91, boxing two toons and using mercs (are mercs allowed in Crystallos?), I probably will try to take one out, just to see if I can. This may be one case that a tank merc + healer merc might be better than two healer mercs. The tank merc could hopefully grab agro from the adds.
Last edited by Goranothos on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Ventured in today.

First impressions:

Mobs are all light blue, which should be fine for AA exp.

Eyes do suck, but I can kill them (plus their adds), if I can pull them single.

Mobs are dense. Hard to single pull, but that should not matter at my level (except for Eyes).

Overall....dunno. MC and SS might be better for AA exp....need to explore more.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

I'll explore some more today. Once I learn the layout of the zone better, I'll dump the mercs and try some exping just dual boxing with no mercs with shammy and mage heals for pet. As long as I leave the Eyes alone, and perhaps pop mercs for Nameds, I think this should be perfectly doable, even if I pull two or three at a time. Might be decent exp. I have no idea what kind of loot drops here. Perhaps I might get some useful augs?
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Well, I spent a couple of hours in Crystallos today. Dual boxing with mercs.....pretty much everything is trivial, even Eyes. Using no mercs and going "old school", it's decent exp but fairly dangerous (due to the eyes). So, all in all, a nice change of pace, but probably not worth leaving MC/SS, since I can actually still get gear upgrades in the latter.

So, where....given my gear and level, can I get decent AA exp with little to no danger, without mercs? Used to be Katta, but was wondering where is the usual, boring exp spot now?
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

I'm mostly retired, these days I just use mage to gear up my army of level 65 alts.

Last time I burned a lesson, just after VoA was released, I was doing 14-15 AA/lesson at the top of MG. That was solo though, might have to click down to third level if you run out of mobs with a box tagging along.

Basically I round up about 30 mobs at the beginning of lesson, pulling with /pet focus to keep agro on pet (not me), gather them all up, pop out a garg on the closest mob (give it a tick or two to make sure garg has social agro) and summon companion (3/3) to pet fade. Mobs will all get on the garg, and they don't have any strikethrough so garg enrages and spams riposte. Again, make sure you drop the garg on the closest mob, so it doesn't get hit from behind. I pop silent casting, ITC, etc and beam like mad. Promised heal then DA pet and send it in so it has agro when garg splats. Definitely want to turn spells effects off first though.

After that just do 3-4 at a time with AtA's; can do smaller versions of the above when regular TC is up (larger when silent casting refreshes). Garg + summon companion fade is the trick though.

I was 91/7k with pretty crap gear (EM8, maybe 41-42k mana unbuffed). Haven't done any HoT or VoA progression, basically /slackmode on.

EDIT: My grammar sucks.
Last edited by nako on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.