Trial Member

90 solo/molo spot

Post by Mikey19833 »

whats a good spot to solo/molo at 90?
Savil
Arch Mage

Re: 90 solo/molo spot

Post by Savil »

Mikey19833 wrote:whats a good spot to solo/molo at 90?
Answering this question is a bit hard without knowing how many aa's you have, or what pet focus ... or your basic gear.... raid / group mage? Lots of info left out that makes answering this question kinda pointless.

A good solo spot for a mage like PJ is much different than one for smurf waker like Kozvar.... *evil grin*

Savil
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

It depends on what your gear/AA are at.

However,Grounds and Feerrott are pretty good exp. Feerrott is currently a hot zone so it will have a bit better exp then normal zones.

If your looking for quick kills and just killing a lot more mobs, Gyrospire Beza or Zeka is pretty risk free and solid exp for the risk.

House of Thule zones are pretty good for exp. Veil of Alaris zones are a bit more difficult because mobs hit harder and such.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

This post just goes to show how much character level has become less important since I started playing back in 2001. Level+AA+Gear+boxing or not boxing, mercs or no mercs, all has to be taken into account now. The formula has become so complex that no simple answer can be given.

For instance, if I log on, I am dual boxing, and I am using two T5 mercs. Any zone, HOT T4 or less, is no problem for me to box, get decent exp, and kill any groupable named mob. Not to say I never die, but if I do it's likely because I am careless. When I start VoA next week, that situation may change.

But to pop on here and say "I am level 90 and would like some advice on where to solo/molo" is just not giving enough information for anyone to give a useful answer. If you are a level 90 mage who has 3k AA and HOT raid gear, you are going to be able to solo/molo WAY harder content than a level 90 mage with almost no AA, who was PL'd. Nuff said.
Cindayen1234
Magician

Post by Cindayen1234 »

Personally I enjoy Beasts domain, MC/SS still things like that...but i have over 3k aa and ok gear...some raid ect
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Now that I've entered VoA, I find the exp in Sarith to be quite good. I actually, in an effort to ding the next level as fast as possible, dropped all mercs and just boxed the mage and shammy. As long as I keep it to one mob at a time, which isn't hard, it is no problem.

I tried Beasts' Domain, and the vegetation made mobs hard to see, but I plan to revisit the zone and try to find a good spot.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

If your lacking in the gear/aa dept giving Koracian warrens a try.
yaladilae
Magician

Post by yaladilae »

I mostly do Ferrot 2 for the lesson duration, and HoT for the remaining times

Grounds has better exp per mob, but you kill slower.

Why ferrot2 for lesson is because it is a hot zone, it has slightly more exp then HoT if you can keep up a full burn for 30 minute (bring resonating potion, beast crack potion and all other clickies, i personally also use most of my vet aa during that 30 min)

Why HoT for lesson is because the quest is relatively easy (kill 8 guards or 5 snakes etc.).But from what i understand, task exp is always fixed (not altered by lesson etc.)

If your aa is not so good, then you can always do what i do. (with EM 8), i keep a air pet as my main trash killer, but when a named pop, i always suspend it, switch to earth pet, then kill it. Earth tanks named better because air cant stun a white / yellow con (in most cases)

If all else fails, KW is not too bad. there is a hot zone quest, 6 frog killing quest you can look up which will help your exp and pp