LVL 65-70 and AAs w/o Merc

Not quite at the level cap.
SuwuSwag
Trial Member

LVL 65-70 and AAs w/o Merc

Post by SuwuSwag »

I play on the fippy darkpaw server and was wondering some good solo spots for AAs that didnt require mercs.

I find that most of these posts include the ability to use mercs.

If i wanted to group in Paw I would have to find a tank, healer, slower, more DPS, etc.

Same goes for CoD, Fire, and the other planes.

Thanks in advance.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: LVL 65-70 and AAs w/o Merc

Post by Tweelis »

Most do include a merc but there's several that don't. Look around some more.
SuwuSwag
Trial Member

Post by SuwuSwag »

i did look around for awhile thats why I'm posting....

basically I'm lvl 70 and now having to find full groups for MPG/RSS/Paw to get good XP

I wondering if anybody has any zones that have been reasonable for soloing without Mercs at lvl 65-70.

Obviously mobs in the lower planes like nightmare, innovation, CoD, PoD hit like trucks for just your pet to tank. You would have to be spamming the heal pet to last at all even with nice AAs.

Only place I've considered are the enforcers in Plane of Justice but the experience is terrible.
Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

The Steppes is the level 65 hotzone. It's at least worth checking out. IIRC I had a tank merc for my shambot that I leveled earlier this year and rarely had to heal him, so perhaps with a properly geared pet you would have similar results with only spot heals.
Zzzeegg

Post by Zzzeegg »

At 65 - depending on your AAs of course - you could probably do well at the bottom of the Hole.
globeadue
Trial Member

Post by globeadue »

Would griegs still give good/ok exp? I think the mobs in center of zone were occasionally still dark blue to 71.

Maybe look into agro kiting or chaining pets?

my answer to life on the first progression servers was to roll a second account with a cleric and I was able to do tables fine in pof -- i got it keyed when my guild did a key run. almost any computer should be able to two box and might make life alot easier for you.
Zzzeegg

Post by Zzzeegg »

Also have a look here - http://www.paullynch.org/eqblog/?p=271

Paul aka Borek on the eq discussion boards has a wealth of material on AAs, levelling and where he did it.

Sadly he isn't playing his mage anymore (Avno on AB) and I haven't spoken to him in game for quite a while.

Zeeg
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

SuwuSwag wrote: Obviously mobs in the lower planes like nightmare, innovation, CoD, PoD hit like trucks for just your pet to tank. You would have to be spamming the heal pet to last at all even with nice AAs.
From what I remember, those levels (65-75) sucked smurf balls for mages trying to solo (no mercs). It's kinda a blur to me, but I do remember spending a lot of time in the zones you mentioned (nightmare, innovation, CoD, PoD). I also remember spending much time in Greigs. I got so I could run to the middle of Greigs without even looking at the map, could probably still do it.

What expansion is Flippy on now?
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

In my late 60s I remember doing Halls of Honor temples. But the xp there dropped off around 70 when they all. I think in my early 70s I duoed paw with another mage, and it went rather well.

Both of these of course being without mercs
Last edited by deadman1204 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

SuwuSwag wrote:I play on the fippy darkpaw server and was wondering some good solo spots for AAs that didnt require mercs.

I find that most of these posts include the ability to use mercs.

If i wanted to group in Paw I would have to find a tank, healer, slower, more DPS, etc.

Same goes for CoD, Fire, and the other planes.

Thanks in advance.
I have the same opinion as Zzzeegg on this. I would HIGHLY recommend The Hole. It's simply amazing exp because the mobs that you'll be fighting are level 58-59 which means that they are like fighting mobs that are in mid tier PoP zones except that these mobs in The Hole have far less hps than what you'd find from equivalent level mobs in PoP, and they hit for a fraction of the dmg from what you'd expect from equivelant level mobs in PoP. (230-280dmg per hit instead of 500+ from PoP level 58 mobs). One of the other great things about The Hole is that the zone has the HIGHEST zone exp modifier bonus of any "classic" zone, so you'll be seeing some incredible exp gains from that. The only downfall of fighting mobs in The Hole is that you will sometimes need to be able to handle 2 mobs at a time, and they're relatively resistant to fire (and pretty much immune to magic) so without the RS line, and GoM it may prove to be rather difficult depending on pet focus and gear level.

When I was level 70 this is where I exp'd and gained hundreds of AAs before TSS, but I didn't start soloing there the DoDH era when I had the Raging Servant to help offtank when I had adds, but then again I also remember being able to solo as much as 3 mobs at a time with pretty low risk as well. And of course this was all "solo" cuz there was no mercs back in those days.