Murkglider cave in WoS

Not quite at the level cap.
Lyez

Murkglider cave in WoS

Post by Lyez »

Murks in WoS. Zone in, go into the field and turn left. Keep going until you reach the caves. Blue at level 70. I heard they turn lb at 71. Not sure how xp is then. Its 1% reg xp, and 19% AA at 70.

They are extremely fast(bard 5?). Single pulls, very large aggro range. Pull them far, so when they run they don't aggro their mates. When I first started I didn't have the RS pet(got lucky and found one in the bazaar). Do not go w/o pet gear. I don't use a merc, but with a merc you can obviously be less cautious.

My strat w/o RS:
Firstly, I didn't use a merc, because they take half XP. Pull mob far, so when it runs you won't get aggroed by the others deeper in. Let pet get mob to 90%. At this stage you're going to have to nuke non-stop. Make sure when the mob gets to 15-20 you give it once last nuke to lessen his fleeing time. If you have any pet heals that would be great. I didn't, and occasionally did lose a pet. In hindsight, I'm not sure if this area is worth it w/o RS. Griegs End gives 8% AA per lb, and is way easier/less stressful. In GE I was getting an AA every 15-20 minutes(no LOTD, as this toon doesn't have it).

With RS:
Now, if you have your RS spell this is w/o a doubt this the place to be. Little risk if you follow what I did.
Again, I used no Merc except for buffing purposes. Pull mob, sic pet. Wait until mob is 90%. Cast RS. Cast 2 Bolts back to back. Once mob is at 30% cast RS again. The mob won't run far with your pet stunning, and RS beating the tar out of it. I was getting an AA every 10-12 minutes w/o LOTD.

With the 50% XP potion from station cash I racked in about 20 AA. I could probably do more now, since I now have GoM filled out, and a far better strat than when I first started. Going to fill out my elemental agi, companion agi, flurry, and save up 9 pts for the 71-75 tier of GoM before leveling to 71.

Good luck!
pandax
Arch Magus

Re: Murkglider cave in WoS

Post by pandax »

wow. How much HP do they have vs. say mobs in BOT?

That was 20 aa's in one lessons?
Lyez

Post by Lyez »

Umm, no. I said that toon doesn't have lesson(far too many alts throughout the years). It was 20 AA in 2 hours with a potion of 50% exp from market place(I didn't know what I was doing, and had to gate several times before I got the hang of it). I know I will get more on my next potion. Gonna have to wait till next week to give that a try, though.

I'd say they have about 35k-40K HP. Just found out they give 15% AA to a lvl 72(another toon).
Yaddab
Elementalist

Post by Yaddab »

I agree the Murks were great xp at that level, definately one of the xp hotspots.

The only thing I would say in dealing with the runners, practice turning the mob around so it runs in the direction you want it to run. Normally back the way you just came.

I am not sure what AAs you have, but even simply guarding the pet and pulling the murk past then pet attack will get it facing the right way. Failing that get yourself on the side of the mob facing the way you want it to run then pet back and pet attack. Companions relocation makes this easier when you get it, but it is a habit worth getting into, especially for the solo mage. Even in SoD most mobs will still turn 180 degrees and then run, having the mob run in the direction you want it to, away from his friends and not back into them, can save alot of hastle!.
Wati
Magician

Splitpaw

Post by Wati »

Yaddab,

19% AA per mob, in what AA range?

Ive not hunted much in WoS, but Ill compare some to Splitpaw.

I have just passed 500 AAs, and gotten about 150 of them at level 71 in Paw.

Currently im getting 18% AA/Mob if they are blue(no merc, no Lesson). Ive only seen lightblues at the entrance and I never hunt there (only named sees invis in paw).

I cannot use my mount in paw. I never need to heal my pet as theift of essance is healing my pet(grab it now if you plan to visit splitpaw). My anti summoning nukes is never resisted. Mobs doesnt run. Mobs got about 34k hp.

I only count AAs during my lessons, and normally get 8-9 AAs. And I guess that that is what I should get if I consentrate on my xp grind a normal hour... I think im getting about 1500pp an hour in loot + rarely defiant + some higher level binding powder.

//Wati
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I can't give a definitive answer when comparing Splitpaw to WoS. However I can compare Nobles Causeway to Splitpaw.

Mobs in splitpaw hit like a 90 year old lady that's throwing creampuffs; mobs in NC hit like a militry issue Hummer. However the mobs in splitpaw do hit very very fast; go go big DS.

I also know that different parts of splitpaw have different levels of mobs. In splitpaw if you go through the first set of double doors and drop down into the pit just after the doors the mobs down there are a little bit higher level than the rest of the zone. Down in the basement Iwas still getting mostly light blue mobs with good aaxp gains until level 82. At level 83 most mobs turned green (very rare light blue) and the aaxp went to smurf.

I was in NC for runes and the Silverwing quest piece. If it wasn't for those things I would have left that zone after the first night. I'd guess that WoS may be better for aaxp than NC but unless it's an order of magnitude better per kill than splitpaw I'd recommend sticking with splitpaw due to the ease of kills.
Deq

Post by Deq »

I'm currently 66 and in the cave in WoS I get 15pc AA per kill and it takes me between a minute and three depending on how much mana I have, crits, etc. I am using a healer merc. My pet cons white to me (air pet).

Hope that helps :)
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

My vote would go for Paw hands down, mobs have 27-38k hp depending on type (air enc on the low end to earth warriors on the high end), average about 32-33k. All the above mentioned, plus the fact that they don't have any sort of defensive skills (dodge/parry/riposte/etc)... so, not only do they hit like poofters, they take ~20% more melee dps than equivalent mobs elsewhere.

Nothing runs, single pulls all day long once you figure the zone out, 20% (?) ZEM vs 0% in WoS.. you name it, paw will make you a believer.

If you look at this map I would recommend setting up south of #3 labeled on map. Directly above the underwater cave with cut-out lines there's a 3 pop cubby hole with a few singles around it. Basically just stand in the room labeled 3 on map, face south and there will be a T-intersection. Facing south, take a right at the intersection (west) and you'll be on a ramp going up to 3pop cubby. Set up on this ramp.

From here you can pull the single spawns right next to ramp, the 3 pop in cubbyhole (they won't assist if you pull either end mob, leaving middle for single when done). You can single the entire officer area all day, and when you run out there's plenty of roamers going through the hallway to the east (near breezelord spawn). Pull onto ramp if you can't handle more than 1 mob at a time (I started here at 65 just after revamp). There are 2 roamers that go through the Tsection, one is PH for officer, and both path into the #3 room and will not come up ramp. They are on different timers (officer PH is ~12min vs longer on trash).

As you level up you can keep the entire northern half of paw clear, and this is the ideal spot to pull to (no annoying doors and always 100% safe). If you're uncomfortable fighting in this spot (it's kinda tight so not much room with a full pop in place, gets exciting at lower levels), you can camp zin area or the room labeled #1 on map. Zin has lower level mobs and is often camped, while #1 room you have to pull through a door (or two). Fighting anywhere in the tight corridor areas is not recommended unless 76+ or very familiar with zone. Lots of elementals are on very, very long paths and it's not uncommon to have 30-40 of them using the same corridor sooner or later. If you get behind you'll be overwhelmed eventually.

-nako/saryrn
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I'll second what Nako said. After the hole from 59-70 Splitpaw is the next best aaxp in the game at any level. Splitpaw will net you great aaxp up to level 81 but at 82 it'll start to get pretty lousy and 83 it will be completely dried up.

If I were to go back to level 81 I'd live in splitpaw until I had around 2k aa's and alternate xp grinding and other things so as to not get too sick of the zone.