Classic MM - Upper/Lower Guk

Not quite at the level cap.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Classic MM - Upper/Lower Guk

Post by Jaytee »

Well I have to say these are fantastic - fantastic missions and quite soloable. I believe you need 3 real people (may only be two haven't tried yet but will update when I do) with an average level of 80. Now there are lots of ways to go about this but the stupid/easy mode is to be a necro (yeah I know the dark side). 49th level pet can solo all that stuff while you sit there FD. If your ally with Upper guk it is even simpler. If you are not ally with Upper Guk go back to Lower Guk on your main who at 75-80 should be able to put a DS on and Beam the entire Lower Guk zone at one time for big faction with Upper Guk. Repeat one or two times and you are good.

Now what I ahve been doing is I log on my 85 cleric group up with JT and invite some random person who just wants credit for being there but isn't going to zone in. Now JT is the only one that actually bothers to zone in as a Necro. In live I simply run to the named spots with my ally faction and kill the named (sic pet and FD). Then loot and zone out. Repeat for lower Guk with the exception of using Invis vs Undead when needed. Quick easy and repeatable and by soloing it you guarantee yourself the loot or extra brew from selling it back.

XP for the missions: At 77 I got 6 AA for doing one mission with 100% to AA. With real XP at 100% I got something like 13% of level.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Re: Classic MM - Upper/Lower Guk

Post by Sillaen »

It sounds simple enough. I've actually done a couple of these myself in a group. Here's my problem though. UGuk/LGuk through my 10+ years in EQ have been my absolute #1 hated zones. I hated it back then and I hate it now. I can't navigate it worth a smurf and usually just follow someone around. The rewards are nice though, so maybe it's time to break out a map like em old days and get cracking.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

Best part: Sending pet to attack does not break Invis vs Undead so you don't even have to FD if you don't want to/invis doesn't break.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

Update: Chanter is better - Ghoul lord was a mother pucker on the necro...had to do it for like 2 hours until I killed on of his guards then i could root/fear the other while I did lord after ressing up.
zinophate

Post by zinophate »

Yeah, I typically do all three with a chanter and mage combo (2 box). Makes for a little less risk and if a friend is on then we add the Wiz and just burn through them.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

10% of level (100% to real XP) at Level 79. Went from 79.03 to 79.13.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

I'm going in as a Chanter/Necro tonight that should do everything I need - the Lord should be much easier - can mez the two adds/slow the lord while pet tanks/necro dots.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

I got like 2/3 of a level at 70, heh.....

You can save up to 5 wins and just pop lessons and collect them all at once when you get your 6th win, correct?
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Jaytee wrote:I'm going in as a Chanter/Necro tonight that should do everything I need - the Lord should be much easier - can mez the two adds/slow the lord while pet tanks/necro dots.
I thought someone said you couldn't open the chest unless a 3rd person is there. Is that correct?
Gladriella

Post by Gladriella »

When you use a chanter, the chanter is puller....... use chanty pacify to pull with, it's highly effective and takes less time, this way you only kill the mobs you need to, and eliminate most adds. I know from experience as this is how I do it.
Also you do need 3 toons in the instance, not all 3 have to be at the chest in order to loot.