Direwind and Vald Pit. Oh and TBS.

Not quite at the level cap.
Baramos
Conjurer

Direwind and Vald Pit. Oh and TBS.

Post by Baramos »

Somewhere during that era I hit Direwind for lesson. At first you'll find it difficult-ish to split stuff and kill much of the fields. Grab that corner "safe spot" and learn to get 3 or 4 of those 2 and 3 MOB camps down.

After awhile you'll be clearing the whole field. It is fantastic AA with the added bonus that the MOBs don't run away. No worries about aggro-to-neighbors while a MOB runs.

Valde pit with the bonus is fantastic XP. I hit it once a day and at 85 with 90 percent to AA 10 percent to regular I average 17 to 20 percent a kill. And you can mow the lawn in there man. Around 8 to 10 AAs per lesson there every day. Comes in handy.

TBS has a nice spot on the NE island with lizards, basilisks etc. On top of the island is a family of some kind of MOB whose name forgets me, but if you've done the hand aug you know what I'm talking about. It's the place with the undead boats out there.

Anyway, the neat thing about this place is that you pull a lizard and no matter where it is clustered within the other lizards you get no call for help aggro from them. Also if the MOB runs into another group while pet is banging on it while he's in his death throes nothing aggros. Good XP.

Bara
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Re: Direwind and Vald Pit. Oh and TBS.

Post by Goranothos »

Baramos wrote:TBS has a nice spot on the NE island with lizards, basilisks etc. On top of the island is a family of some kind of MOB whose name forgets me, but if you've done the hand aug you know what I'm talking about. It's the place with the undead boats out there.

Anyway, the neat thing about this place is that you pull a lizard and no matter where it is clustered within the other lizards you get no call for help aggro from them. Also if the MOB runs into another group while pet is banging on it while he's in his death throes nothing aggros. Good XP.
I can confirm that this spot is indeed good XP at level 76. All the mobs Baramos mentioned are dark blue to yellow con for the occasional named. None are "relatively weak", and they give good XP with minimal danger. Most of the trash they drop can be sold to vendors for some plat. I don't bother with merc.