Newbie mage looking for tips

Not quite at the level cap.
Sunlace

Newbie mage looking for tips

Post by Sunlace »

Hello mages,

I've looked at eqlive forums and other class boards, but I figured I'll ask here again to see if someone would like to share some nice, mage friendly, areas where to solo at levels 54 to 60. I re-rolled as a mage just 2 weeks ago and I am pleasanly surprised how much fan it is to level up and play a magician.

However, now it seems I hit some slow period. Pet seems to be sort of 'blah' and I feel it takes me forever to kill something. I hit 54 at Nurga on light blues. I went to Droga (my favorite zone, I wish I could stay here till 85) where I quickly realized that the pet cannot tank 3 mobs at once :P . If I get single pulls, it's so so, but there must be a better zone for this level, is there?
Bastler
Conjurer

Re: Newbie mage looking for tips

Post by Bastler »

I would stay mosty in TSS zones at that lvl.
I have the impression that lower lvl TSS mobs have more HP but overall have less attk, so doing less damage. For that lvl Blackfeather Roost would be good. POI of course too.
BFR has the advantage that it has enough cash drops to feed a merc healer.
Zatpus
Elementalist

Post by Zatpus »

If you want to progress fast, get a Tank merc and go to POI, its still hotzone I belive.
Tankmerc upto atleast lvl 60 does well even without heals. As long as single pulls coming, he can tank back to back just with his own regen. He will get throught even a double pull of redcons, but may want to rest a little after that to recover.

If you go with tankmerc to POI, I would suggest to stop at 55 and get any usefull AA you can grab (aslong as you are not grouped with someon higher in level). Xp will never be that fast later on.
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

not completely true.. at 65, dragonscale hills farm-camp is best exp ever.. with tasks, you can rake in hundreds of AAs in no time

-MeatnPotatoes
Erolissi Marr Server
aeaiel

Post by aeaiel »

I liked plane of hate for those levels
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I was always a fan of the courtyard in Mischief. You might still be a little low for it, but I used to get pretty good xp there, and it's one of my all time favorite zones. Come to think of it I should go back and see if I can take Bristlebane now. :)