Thalassius, the Coral Keep

Not quite at the level cap.
zinophate

Thalassius, the Coral Keep

Post by zinophate »

Just wanted to add this to the new boards since I utilized it so much from someone elses recommendation on the old Mage forums. To repeat some of the old information that was posted, this (to me atleast) was a great solo spot for any mage 81+. At 81 I was getting around 10-12% regular exp per lesson at the camp shown below. You can sit where the green spot is and *nothing* will agro you. Multiple times I would just camp there to save myself the run when logging in to burn another lesson the following day. In that room you can see the mobs (defined by red dots) line the room surrounding you. I would just simply pull the first mob on the left to the center of the room and then just work my way around the room till all mobs are dead. Eventually I was able to get to the point to where I could kill all the mobs with time to spare before respawn (yes, I know I am lite on aa's). Then, just start pulling from the otherside of the room. I am also currently using this spot to PL my 74 Mage due to the ease and the fact that I am a very casual player.

Also, another good thing about the zone is if anyone is ever actually in the camp spot (which hasn't happend yet) you can also request an easy task/mission from Sorcerer Hearah which involves simply killing mobs which you where going to do anyways and you have the whole zone to yourself. My previously mentioned baby mage is getting about 35% reg exp per mission at 74 plus the faction/money for the katta spells. Anyways, hope this info helps some other casuals out as it did me.

Here is the quest:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=4096" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yaddab
Elementalist

Re: Thalassius, the Coral Keep

Post by Yaddab »

Nice spot, thanks for sharing that :)
zinophate

Post by zinophate »

Has anyone confirmed same exp per kill in instance as non-instance now that this is a hotzone?
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I can't say what the xp is like in the instances but here's my findings for the regular thalassius zone.

30 minute lesson burn
5 AA's.
37 kills
2,423,412 damage to mobs
484,682 damage per AA.

If anybody has a parse or logfile from an instanced zone we could compare notes. People on the Sony forums are saying there is no hotzone bonus for instances but some raw data to prove or disprove that would be nice. The above numbers are with no low AA bonus. Also keep in mind I probably didn't see all the damage from the mobs as I was out pulling others mobs while my pet was beating on the current mob.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

zinophate wrote:Has anyone confirmed same exp per kill in instance as non-instance now that this is a hotzone?
It's been confirmed a few times by the devs in the past that if there's an instance version of a zone, those will NEVER be enabled as hotzones along with the non-instance version, only the static zones will be. If there's ever an instance made as a hotzone (which they say they probably will never do) it will be specified in the patch notes as the instanced version.

Their reasoning behind it is that the hotzones are meant to be central points for people to get together within a certain level range for a community and people to group. Making an instance a hotzone defeats that purpose as it just splits people up again.
zinophate

Post by zinophate »

Just thought I would check since this was posted on the eq forums
Ronak-Xegony wrote:Appeared to be same exp in Thalassius instance as in normal Thalassius when we tried that yesterday.
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=156352" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Thaassius is simply amazing at level 76 for a mage.

Go into the main room and there will be about 12 mobs in little cubby holes that are ALWAYS single. Kill those 12 mobs then proceed to pick off roamers as you can get them single. Fast repops. At 76 with a bunch of AA's, I doubt you would even need a merc. At 81, my warrior can solo these mobs w/o any outside help(merc, other people doing dps, etc).
Deeogee

Post by Deeogee »

Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm a 76 Mage with 112 AA and this room is a breeze with a healer merc. This being a hotzone, this is some good exp. I'm getting approximately 18% AA exp per kill. Once I build up more AA, I am sure I won't even need the merc anymore.