Elementalist

Underfoot soloing

Post by dduble07 »

Where to solo in Underfoot as a mage?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Underfoot soloing

Post by Voragath »

Probably not going to find alot. They designed it to be very unfriendly to the solo'er. There are places though but it'll be highly dependent on gear and your patience. I'd start off with the lavakins in Brell's Rest to test the waters. They are pretty easy to pull, are subject to our bane (anti-summon) nukes, and relatively easy to kill. Everything has tons of hps, so don't expect quick kills and enjoy the multiple use of RS on one mob ;)
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

in cooling, the 'traitor' dwarves are for one of the tasks, and the normal dwarves dont assist, many places where you can kill them w/out assist agro and lots of room. but they are fairly hard even with t5 reactive merc, and chain casting servant, couple times main pet ramp'd. thier damage can be spike hard so be ready to loh and or toss some extra heals.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

I killed the first mobs there inside Pellucid Grotto. But it took 60% mana to do it.
EM6 pet, T5 merc, 3500 AAs.
Last edited by Zacatac on Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Using the same entryway Pellucid Grotto mobs as a test, pet focus will make you all the difference. Fully tower geared with EM8 pet, I can burn em down using 20-25% of my mana pool (roughly 10-12k).

All the pet aa's are maxxed through UF for me, so that probably contributes quite alot to survivability.

*this was done with a merc healer. Pure solo'ing isn't effiecient at all. Basically chain healing and throwing RS pets whenever you get a spare 3 seconds.
Danille

Post by Danille »

I have been able to solo (with a merc) almost all the mobs in Brells Rest, but the elementals are easiest. Cooling chamber is a challenge, because the amound of mana that it takes to solo (with a merc) there is just silly. It has been getting much easier though as I have been buying all of the mitigation and avoidance AA's that I can.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Soloing with just a merc works in BR on about everything, Cooling on the trash but the undead, Grotto on everything, Foundation on most things but all the mobs assisting mobs can make it painful, Underquarry on anything but the enrage sucks and the named are a pita, Lichen Creep on trash, Arth on the trash, Fungal Forest on the trash, Kernigar on the trash, Volska on the trash... The only place I haven't tried is Brells Temple... Adding in a cleric box doing group heals on named makes even those doable in a lot of cases...

This is with a T5 Journeyman reactive merc, EM8 focused air pet with merc buffs + my rk3 buffs (burnout, aegis, earthen, iceflame, aura, circle of brimstone, primal fusion to help get things ordered right), and armed with whatever I grab out of the Ethereal Arms bag or even the shanks from the Ikky clickie...with or without host and drake but with heavy use of gargs and bolts (malo to pull then send pet then garg then bolt bolt garg repeated til whatever is dead). Occasionally I will have to do a pet DA or a LOH on pet, but usually the merc handles it fine.