Help for lvling

Not quite at the level cap.
Wam
Elementalist

Re: Help for lvling

Post by Wam »

Wow
They daily task from Fenden in DSH is for the non killing tasks (exampel Brownie Rebels Special Delivery) is 1.7 AA for 15min and faktion or 3-5% xp.
Started doing the Killing Dayilys to, did the Browny - task, kill 10 minator gave me 2AA's awesome.
Will go to katta to try that out to.

I am lvl 76 whit 125 AA's now.

Wounder hove many i need befor i start the long journy to lvl 85.
Sorry cant post my magelo its broken

Wam
Elementalist

Post by Wam »

This is my Magelo profil.
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/890069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If that helps

Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Wam wrote:This is my Magelo profil.
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/890069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If that helps
Before you go and read the wall of text here, the very simple and quick answer is, work on AAs for a while, and getting some better gear before moving up in levels. I would say flush out all of your passive AAs first before moving on. Flush out your pet defensives, pet crits and flurries, and your spell crits and crit damage.

Now for the wall of text. ;)

To be fully honest, with that kind of gear and AA count I personally wouldn't grind up to 85 unless you're in a guild that you can get good groups with to get group gear in SoD, or if you're in a guild that raids. If you're almost exclusively a soloer than you'll find that at 85 it'll be like pulling teeth to get AAs as fast as you do now. SoD is fairly unforgiving to the casual gamer in imho because of the utter need to be geared/AAd to be able to function vs even the mid tier content without a full group.

A lot of the good mobs you can kill now with relative ease solo for fast AA exp will be all light blue or gone green/gray at 85, and the dark blue mobs in SoD will eat you and your pet alive without the AA, and pet focus support for your pet. In general all the mobs in SoD have 50-100% more hps than the same level content in SoF, along with them hitting like trucks (db con in FoS quad over 3k with no shielding and have around 150-200k hps each).

That all being said, some people still enjoy SoD, and still enjoy being 85 even as soloers because there is content that you can take out. There are "weak" mobs strung all over the place in SoD, but they give only a fraction of the AA exp that a normal mob would give at the same con level, but they're only a fraction of the strength of those mobs as well. They're camped heavily by other people so they end up being fairly spread out and you'll need to run around to find the weak mobs up. You can go back to SoF content, and even some other content like end game OOW (RSS), or hotzones, etc. But again you're going to suffer from the same issues of being 85. That content is much lower level now and will have gone light blue, and not give as much exp. Your quests you do now to get 2 AA per turnin will only give you a fraction of what you had before without any new types of easy tasks to do in SoD at 85 to give you the same risk/reward.
Wam
Elementalist

Post by Wam »

Darkenr wrote:
Wam wrote:This is my Magelo profil.

If that helps
Before you go and read the wall of text here, the very simple and quick answer is, work on AAs for a while, and getting some better gear before moving up in levels. I would say flush out all of your passive AAs first before moving on. Flush out your pet defensives, pet crits and flurries, and your spell crits and crit damage.

Now for the wall of text. ;)

To be fully honest, with that kind of gear and AA count I personally wouldn't grind up to 85 unless you're in a guild that you can get good groups with to get group gear in SoD, or if you're in a guild that raids. If you're almost exclusively a soloer than you'll find that at 85 it'll be like pulling teeth to get AAs as fast as you do now. SoD is fairly unforgiving to the casual gamer in imho because of the utter need to be geared/AAd to be able to function vs even the mid tier content without a full group.

A lot of the good mobs you can kill now with relative ease solo for fast AA exp will be all light blue or gone green/gray at 85, and the dark blue mobs in SoD will eat you and your pet alive without the AA, and pet focus support for your pet. In general all the mobs in SoD have 50-100% more hps than the same level content in SoF, along with them hitting like trucks (db con in FoS quad over 3k with no shielding and have around 150-200k hps each).

That all being said, some people still enjoy SoD, and still enjoy being 85 even as soloers because there is content that you can take out. There are "weak" mobs strung all over the place in SoD, but they give only a fraction of the AA exp that a normal mob would give at the same con level, but they're only a fraction of the strength of those mobs as well. They're camped heavily by other people so they end up being fairly spread out and you'll need to run around to find the weak mobs up. You can go back to SoF content, and even some other content like end game OOW (RSS), or hotzones, etc. But again you're going to suffer from the same issues of being 85. That content is much lower level now and will have gone light blue, and not give as much exp. Your quests you do now to get 2 AA per turnin will only give you a fraction of what you had before without any new types of easy tasks to do in SoD at 85 to give you the same risk/reward.
Hello!
Thanks what gear shell i get i know i have bad gear but just back and havent played mush group contens have lvl to get to 76 for the awesome pet.
Okey any idees on gear i should get befor i star lvling?

Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Defiant gear is pretty good for your level. If you have the plat to spend you might also check out the glossy silk stuff.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Wam wrote:Wow Kata sounds awesome i am now lvl 75. Will try them out and start doing the quests you talk about.

Thanks Wam
Fastest way to lvl 80 was in Atikki for me.

Go to the pit in the middle of the zone and kill the bugs only.

Solo no merc needed. -- Bugs were nerfed along with the Elementals in Katta so that Tank types could solo.

Invis past the Effreti as they give the same exp per kill with 3 times the HP's

Start at the top and work your way around the perimeter then drop down to the mid level, clear it then do the lower level.

Should take about 15 to 20 minutes to clear all three levels

Go back to the top and med to full.

Top level should start repopping about this time.

Keep at it until you hate bugs

Made levels 76 to 80 in 2.5 days there and 81 to 85 in a 3 to 4 days there but was not really pushing the leveling thing for 81 to 85.

Suediwenae...
Wam
Elementalist

Post by Wam »

qibrme wrote:
Wam wrote:Wow Kata sounds awesome i am now lvl 75. Will try them out and start doing the quests you talk about.

Thanks Wam
Fastest way to lvl 80 was in Atikki for me.

Go to the pit in the middle of the zone and kill the bugs only.

Solo no merc needed. -- Bugs were nerfed along with the Elementals in Katta so that Tank types could solo.

Invis past the Effreti as they give the same exp per kill with 3 times the HP's

Start at the top and work your way around the perimeter then drop down to the mid level, clear it then do the lower level.

Should take about 15 to 20 minutes to clear all three levels

Go back to the top and med to full.

Top level should start repopping about this time.

Keep at it until you hate bugs

Made levels 76 to 80 in 2.5 days there and 81 to 85 in a 3 to 4 days there but was not really pushing the leveling thing for 81 to 85.

Suediwenae...
Hi all!
Have been away my wiffe have hurt here self so have been busiy living hehe.
Well i am now hoping to return and try get in to the game again
i wonder if this can be some thing i can do now i feel like i dont know ware stuff is and hove stuff works lol

Well hove do i get to Atiiki fastest and best way?

Wam