AA Suggestions for Underfoot

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Jedis
Administrator

AA Suggestions for Underfoot

Post by Jedis »

Post suggestions here.

I'm linking this thread to the Elidroth's New AA Request thread on the official forums.
sharrien
Elementalist

Re: AA Suggestions for Underfoot

Post by sharrien »

Prolific Minion - Imbues your pet with a proc that summons short-duration swarm pets to attack it's target much like Shard of Eternal Pain or many of the melee class weapons from PoP. Further ranks increase the swarm pet power or how long they last or increased procrate. I'm picturing this lasting 30-60 seconds with a recast around 10-30 minutes.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

I would like to see an AA line that increases our pet's crit damage that would work similar to the Veteran's Wrath AAs for melees. Possibly 7-10% crit damage per rank at 5 ranks.

Also, a strong continuation of defensive AAs for pets (5 ranks of pet avoidance, and pet mitigation) if possible.
Gemmedsoul

Post by Gemmedsoul »

we defintly need a mana regen AA. like a 3-6rank AA that at rk1 does 7K dmg to pet, with a 5K instant mana heal and make it rise 2-3K dmg per rank, until we get a massive pet nuke with massive mana return, with recast time around 15-20mins
Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Post by Firen Fury »

i want an AA that lets me autofollow like a pet or merc!

somehow, i just dont see it coming tho *sigh*
Image . Image . Image
The 'Preview' Button is Your Friend
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Gemmedsoul wrote:we defintly need a mana regen AA. like a 3-6rank AA that at rk1 does 7K dmg to pet, with a 5K instant mana heal and make it rise 2-3K dmg per rank, until we get a massive pet nuke with massive mana return, with recast time around 15-20mins
If the devs would do something like this, they should start it at a 3-5 tier right away and start the first tier at a lower level (like 6khp, 4kmana return, level 71 req, and then 76, 81, 86, 91, etc with the appropriate upgrades to each tier). That way the first tier gives our younger magicians something as well. 15 Minutes sounds about appropriate, but if it's 20 mins that would be ok too. 30 minutes would be too long though imho..
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Firen Fury wrote:i want an AA that lets me autofollow like a pet or merc!

somehow, i just dont see it coming tho *sigh*
Hmm, that wouldn't be a good AA for anyone that gets motion sickness from video games hehe!
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Mana regen, mana regen, mana regen. I like Gem's idea, but I think it needs to have the same timer as a wizzies harvest or we still lose out.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I still want an AA that makes our gargoyle pet come out pre-shrunk. An AA for our aura would be cool to, maybe even an upgrade to Rathe's Strength. Something along the lines of 3/6/9 cost for a 5%/9%/12% damage modifier increase.

An expendable AA set that gives our pets better armor. Make it something like 9 AA's for intricate defiant plate, 18 aa's and our pet will get a set of elaborate defiant plate, 27 aa's and our pet would get a set of elegant defiant plate. If you or your pet dies, it'll take another 9/18/27 aa's to reequip a new pet.
Msha
Magician

Post by Msha »

Crossposting, sorry. Please feel free to remove which of my two posts that are in wrong spot, little confusing with two threads :P

Redirect Swarm 1
Cost: 9

When the target the swarm pet(s) are on presently dies, press this to redirect them to a new target.

Duration: Instant
Cast time: 0.5 seconds
Recast time: 5 seconds

Restrictions: Swarm(s) can only be redirected if current target dies or the swarm(s) lose agro (mez).

NB: Often my swarms, especially servant of ro and host of the elements lasts way longer than any group or solo mobs, and I can't help feeling that the AAs have lost lots of it's usability outside of raids. Not so much a problem if soloing as I canjust get in melee range and have mob agro me to redirect swarm, but in groups/raids I often can't get mobs to inore me over tank.

Form of the Elements 1/2/3/4/5
Cost 4/6/8/10/12

When activated, you gain mitigation towards fire and cold damage (x% per level, I would be fine with 20% per level ie.: 100% at max level).

Duration: 5 ticks (30 seconds)
Cast time: 6 seconds
Recast: 36 mins

Advanced Pet Discipline 3
Cost: 9
Swap pet, makes you able to swap your already summoned pet with the pet you have suspended.

NB: Would be nice to actually be able to utilize our different line of pets more, instead of 99 out of 100 mages always just summon Air Pet and stick with it.

Cast Time: 9 seconds
Recast time: 300 seconds

Restrictions: Have to be out of combat.

Advanced Pet Discipline 4
Cost: 12
Makes your suspended pet survive your own death.

Duration: None
Cast Time: Passive
Recast time: None

Tiny Companion 1
Cost: 4

Shrink your current pet.

Recast time: none

Elemental Pact 2
Cost: 5

Eliminate the need to carry a Malachite (yea yea, I know small potatoes, but hey)

Cast time: Passive

Utility Belt 1/2/3
Cost: 12/12/12

Able to store and activate one clicky item per rank.

Restrictions: Limited to; Ear, Face, Neck, Shoulder, Waist, Range (non weapon only), Finger. Item have to be equipped if it usually can only be used when equipped, can be in a bag if item can normally be used in a bag inventory slot.

NB: Generally just want to save the hotkeys and or trouble to open bags and use items (especially since I love using different illusions just for fun).

Fundament of Intellect 10/11/12
Cost: 1/1/1

Fundament: Fourth Spire of the Elements 1/2/3
Cost: 5/5/5

Make a symbiosis with you and your pet, drain 2000/5000/10000 HP of your pet, while granting you 1000/2500/5000 Mana.

Recast time: 600 seconds

Restrictions: Stuns both you and your pet, making you unable to move or cast spell for the duration of the stun (12 seconds). No beneficial spells can be cast on you or your pet for the duration of the stun. Your pet will lose agro on it's current target for the duration of the stun.

Hastened Malosinete 1/2/3
Cost: 7/7/7

Each rank will reduce recast time with 3 seconds

Annihilate Summoned 1/2/3
Cost 12/12/12

Makes our Annihilate line of spells more likely to proc the 32k damage, each rank adds +1% chance.

Advanced Call of the Hero 1
Cost: 15

Makes you able to call a group member to you from across the zoneline boundaries.

Cast time: 30 sec (base, quick summoning applies)
Recast time: 600 seconds

Restrictions: Both you and your target must be out of combat. Consumes a Diamond when cast (Summoner's Beckon applies).
Msha Flamethrower
85 Magician
Wind of Tranquility
Antonius Bayle Server