Gamparse and fire pets?

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Bastler
Conjurer

Gamparse and fire pets?

Post by Bastler »

One of your paladins parses for our guild events. but he cant make fire pets nukes show up, does anybody have an idea please? He uses gameparse.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Gamparse and fire pets?

Post by Voragath »

Make sure he has npc, others spells, and pet spells set to show and come up in a window. Also, fire pet stays put while nuking which causes the parser at the mob to sometimes not get the damage--I know it sounds backwards but it happens. I have run higher parses, and lower, on myself than a toon at the mob so stuff can get missed by distance.
Dadani
Conjurer

Post by Dadani »

I thought I read once if you hit your pet with a siphon line spell right at the beginning of the battle, the parser can identify your pet to you more accurately
Image Image
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

hit the button called "leader" on the pet window. Should eliminate alot of your problems (in addition to the other solutions listed)
nylrem
Elementalist

Post by nylrem »

P.S. never trust a another's parse. As a caster there are always things that don't show up on someone else's parse. If you want a true parse, use it yourself. Take maybe 10 min to set up, and if you're curious about your parse, as you seem to be, well worth your little bit of time.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

nylrem wrote:P.S. never trust a another's parse. As a caster there are always things that don't show up on someone else's parse. If you want a true parse, use it yourself. Take maybe 10 min to set up, and if you're curious about your parse, as you seem to be, well worth your little bit of time.
True.

Also to keep in mind is that if you are too far to see your pet's melee damage, your parse will be too low. I, personally, have not had this issue in a raid yet since everything in SoF+ seems to be "in your face" raiding. It's still important to always keep in mind and I still check to make sure I am receiving my pet's melee messages.
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Thank you forst for all the tips, will try out the pet-drain next time firehair is used.
Well in regard to the "parse yourself" tips, thank you too, but the thing is that the pally parses for the guild, telling him how much I did, kinda defeats the purpose I think. :roll:
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Bastler wrote:but the thing is that the pally parses for the guild, telling him how much I did, kinda defeats the purpose I think. :roll:
Not really. The thing is, if you're in a guild that uses parses to evaluate how people are doing then you have to absolutely do it yourself to make sure you are not being screwed.

For example, we parsed a fight in Crys last night where I was parsed at 3.6K, placing me somewhere like 6th on the list. He linked it to the guild and I said that was wrong. I was parsing the fight myself and my parse was 5.3K and 1st on the list. I tapped my pet before moving in to engage and he didn't turn his logs on until we were charging up to the mobs face, so he missed all of the dps for my pet.

It's good to parse for yourself if nothing else but to keep your other parser folks in line. :lol:
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Voragath wrote:Also to keep in mind is that if you are too far to see your pet's melee damage, your parse will be too low. I, personally, have not had this issue in a raid yet since everything in SoF+ seems to be "in your face" raiding. It's still important to always keep in mind and I still check to make sure I am receiving my pet's melee messages.
I'll second this. Awhile back I was in a group taking down mobs in Brell's Rest. A named showed up just before I had to log. I decided to go balls to the wall just to see if I could beat my personal best parse. For some reason the warrior in the group got all my damage and my pet's damage but my logs didn't pick up any of my pet's damage including the swarms. His parse came out over 2k dps more than mine did for my damage. After looking things over I found out my water pet only did a few hundred damage (with FBO2 going) and my swarms did even less; even though I kept popping gargs when the spell refreshed.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

If you are trying to do well on a raid parse, you shouldn't be using a fire pet.