a few spell questions

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Deq

a few spell questions

Post by Deq »

spells like sun storm claim to do three waves of damage, but I'm only seeing two. Is that right?

I picked up the first level of Gift of Magic AA and I haven't seen it trigger so far, as far as I know anyway, my chat windows are a bit muddled at the moment, but I've not seen anything that would suggest I've spent AA in GoM. That's mainly chaining Bolt of Jerikor at things.

Veil of elements, does this drop? I assumed it was fixed duration but I've had a couple of occassions when it seems to have dropped although it could just be me. I was confused a little because there seem to be aa now for invis that doesn't drop?? How do they all fit together?

Thanks
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Re: a few spell questions

Post by Falino-Luclin »

With only one level of Gift of Mana is will go off very rarely. The buff will go in your short duration buff window, but I think the first rank is only like a 2% chance to fire. Level 3 is around 10%. I believe Gift of Mana works on 65-70 spells, so it should work on Bolt of Jerikor. The upgraded versions (Gift of Radiant Mana, etc), are needed for higher level spells.

Veil of Elements is fixed duration, meaning it won't randomly fade like normal Invisibility does. I think the duration is about 10 minutes, so it will drop after that, but it will always last that long. Normal invisibility is random, and could last for 2 seconds, or for a very long time. Obviously it will also drop if you cast a spell, a see invis mob sees you and hits you, etc. The Perfected Invisibility AA has no duration, so it lasts forever (until you do something to make it drop or click if off).
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Falino-Luclin wrote:Veil of Elements is fixed duration, meaning it won't randomly fade like normal Invisibility does. I think the duration is about 10 minutes, so it will drop after that, but it will always last that long.
+ Buff extension items
+ Buff extension AA

:D
Dadani
Conjurer

Post by Dadani »

spells like sun storm claim to do three waves of damage, but I'm only seeing two. Is that right?
This is how I have observed the rain spell lines.

1 Mob = 3 waves x 1 hit per wave
2 mobs = 2 waves x 1 hit each wave
3 mobs = 2 waves, first wave = 3 hits, second wave = 1 hit

Basically 1 mob = maximum of 3 hits, any combination of 2+ mobs = maximum 4 hits

Just my observations.
Image Image
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

if your close enough you will eat a proc, as to whether or not pet can eat a proc or not i dont recall

all spells tbs and below are researchable, excluding ancients

i dont recall what level you can buy it, but soon as you can get the aa perma(no duration limit) invisibility
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Deq wrote: I picked up the first level of Gift of Magic AA and I haven't seen it trigger so far, as far as I know anyway, my chat windows are a bit muddled at the moment, but I've not seen anything that would suggest I've spent AA in GoM. That's mainly chaining Bolt of Jerikor at things.
For the GoM procs, make sure your Bard song window is up and keep an eye on that one. You should see the effect in that window blinking when you get one.
Deq

Post by Deq »

Zacatac wrote:
Deq wrote: I picked up the first level of Gift of Magic AA and I haven't seen it trigger so far, as far as I know anyway, my chat windows are a bit muddled at the moment, but I've not seen anything that would suggest I've spent AA in GoM. That's mainly chaining Bolt of Jerikor at things.
For the GoM procs, make sure your Bard song window is up and keep an eye on that one. You should see the effect in that window blinking when you get one.
Would you believe it, I put the songs window up and the next spell I cast caused a Gom :) Thanks for all the info, really appreciated.