new AA's

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: new AA's

Post by Tweelis »

Eanelder wrote:Id love to have Annul Magic become an AA. Although it would probably lead to an expansion where ever trash mob had buffs.
You mean like DoDH where most mobs had bolster?
Enocha
Magician

Post by Enocha »

Any type of relevant mana regen, like every single other silk class has....
Eanelder
Elementalist

Post by Eanelder »

Not sure if i mentioned it before, but an activated, short duration and recast summoning block self buff aa.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Enocha wrote:Any type of relevant mana regen, like every single other silk class has....
Thaumatize Pet Rk. II isn't too bad, I've been using in on fights like Pallorax where I cast it everytime it comes up. The problem is they balanced it around the +dmg effect of the spell and only gave us a minimal amount of +mana effect. Would have been better to have zero damage and 2x or 3x as much mana.
Eanelder
Elementalist

Post by Eanelder »

The problem is the cast time for me. They lowered the cast time of our all our nukes to be about ~3 seconds, and then give us a 5 second cast mana regen spell?

I just usually end up casting it whne im not in combat.

Also the recourse effect seems to have a chance of being 1 of 5 different spells each with an increasing amout of regen, however I don't think ive ever seen anything higher then Thaumatize Pet Mana Regen Boost I.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Ok, good ideas in here....is anyone forwarding this info on to the devs? Do we have a class leader anymore, since Koz doesn't visit the forums (or play much from what i can gather)?
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Elidroth actually approached us about AAs here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=161834" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Everyone should feel free to post their ideas and support for new AAs :)

It's rather disappointing he hasn't heard from our CLs, or flat out ignored them.
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

AA that casts stun and has a chance to summon an air pet for a few seconds.
one that casts water DD and has chance to summon water pet
one that casts a fire based reverse DS on target, with chance to summon fire pet
one that casts root or snare, with chance to summon an earth pet
effects can be focused by our elemental forms? or maybe only usable while in the corresponding form
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

how about an activatable AA that gives our pet a combat proc that gives us mana.
and pet "weapon affinity" AAs too for that matter
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Pet weapon affinity AA idea I like. Not overpowering but still gives a DPS boost. Though might be underpowered if anything.

How about an AA that increases pet spell damage/duration? Longer roots for earth pet, slightly longer stun for air pet, better DDs for fire pet... etc.
Eanelder wrote: Also the recourse effect seems to have a chance of being 1 of 5 different spells each with an increasing amout of regen, however I don't think ive ever seen anything higher then Thaumatize Pet Mana Regen Boost I.
Maybe you've just had back luck. I've only had the spell for a day and have seen several recourse IIs and one recourse IV.