easy EM4 focus

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Zatpus
Elementalist

Re: easy EM4 focus

Post by Zatpus »

Taskadd of a lvl 78 char was possible. The monstermissions from MCKenzy allow taskadd far below lvl 80 as long as the averange remains lvl 80. Likely the conditions of this mission are similar.
EnigmaMaitreya

Post by EnigmaMaitreya »

nylrem wrote:I know I'm very late in this, and probably everybody already knows, but wanted to say in case there was someone by chance that didn't, the freeport sewers Anniversary group mission Stealing my life back has among it a choice for a pet class earring with EM4 and tiny companion click, typical tier 6 type stats. The mission will accept a minimum of 6 toons to do it including mercs, but up to 12 people total can be task added. With a decent puller and tank, it should not take more than an hour and a half to complete the mission.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=5052" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nylrem of Test
Ok, if you do not mind, some probably dumb questions.

You say "a decent puller and tank", does that mean 1 of each? (I accept that there could be a decent puller and tank in one character) What I am looking for is this, more or less forgetting the puller part for a moment, could the 81 Air pet EM4 Focused with a Cleric Merc be the Tank?

If I remember right, when I was added, there seemed to be the issue of the next to last task(?) the one were there was a wave of mobs spawned, that has led me to believe I can not really 2 box (we others) this task. Would this task be to be done by a 2box (with the minimum requirements met)?
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

Yes, an 81 EM4 pet could tank it, with one cleric merc it would be pretty sketchy though, 2 cleric mercs would be doable. As pointed out here, or possibly in another thread, no puller is really needed, the final mob with the 4 adds is the only tricky pull, but would be possible with patience and coh pulling... or just training out until you get a lucky split.

All this is moot though, as this quest was removed 2 weeks ago, wasn't it? It'll be another year before it returns, if ever.

-nako/saryrn
Zzzeegg

Post by Zzzeegg »

So I missed that because of extended holiday :D

What the easiest option now for a good pet focus?

Zzzeegg
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Camp a EM5 or EM6 in one of the Tier 6/7 UF zones.
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

The highest UF group focus is EM6 which is from Tier 9. For unflagged zones, EM5 is available from Underquarry, and EM4 from Cooling Chamber.

Also, depending on what server you're on, I think some servers do pickup Pallorax raids in Korafax. Simply beating him unlocks an EM6 aug from Zeb in the Void.
Zatpus
Elementalist

Post by Zatpus »

The best focus without the need of flags now is EM5 ffrm Frindar in Underquarry.
There is already a thread explaining where Frindar can be found here. 1 PH is just a single lonely mob.

http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... f=4&t=2122" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; here you can find a sereenshot of the spawnpoint.
bobipet
Magician

Post by bobipet »

well on the last patch , june 9th,i went to underquarry in hope to get frindar ( em 5 focus ) or therma (2 hander weapon ).
frindar was up , but the ph was not the one on map.if u see the post above with the map (i tought it was that ph also ).
there is a bigger room not far to the south east.straight ahead from the path.just before entering that room u can see ahead on the wall 2 mobs close each other.and the one to the left was the named.if that room was a clock it should be aroud 4 or 5 PM,for the ph.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Findlar, and most UF named, can spawn in multiple spots. However the lone little room is the easiest spot for her.
Eandori Raintree
Elementalist

Post by Eandori Raintree »

There is now a super duper easy EM4 focus for any of you level 85 toons that happen to be old fogey's like me.

Orb of Servitude

Bam!