master AA idea list for new expansion

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: master AA idea list for new expansion

Post by Piemastaj »

If it increases our DPs it will be worth it. All we have as mages is pets, because our nukes really don't have a lot of pop. If we started going away from getting pets we will become watered down wizards which is not a good thing at all. Everything is killable in all honesty, as long as we get DPs from something we will be fine. :D

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Piemastaj wrote:If it increases our DPs it will be worth it. All we have as mages is pets, because our nukes really don't have a lot of pop. If we started going away from getting pets we will become watered down wizards which is not a good thing at all. Everything is killable in all honesty, as long as we get DPs from something we will be fine. :D
Sounds like we should maintain our pets defensively, but push for better nuke dps. More pets isn't a good idea, as it becomes situational.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

bump - current as of 5/24/10
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

bump - updated 5/25 to show ideas from SOE forum - synchronization
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

So it looks like the new ideas thread (and this one) haven't seen any action for a good little while now. Do we think it's safe at this point to let people vote on which of these many many AAs we'd like to see? Before we were brain storming, but i think it's about time to start ranking them.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Agreed. Same with the spell list.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Updated 6/10 to put in a first crack at desirability rankings based on the discussions/comments here and over on the SOE forums. Discuss away so I can get this to a point where I can post the final list here and over there hopefully before the fan faire.
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

An AA that makes our target get a weapon proc buff that summons earth pet swarms that proc snare
Ninven

Post by Ninven »

I'm sorry I don't have time to read all this thread, if this idea is already posted sorry to bring it up again:

AA - A Trusting Proposition - Similar to the necro/shaman aa where they can cast spells using their hp instead of their mana, the mage AA can cast spells using the pets hp instead of mana. Reuse 36 minutes but have like 6-9 levels that will reduce the recast by 3 minutes each rank. Last like 3 and a half minutes like the shaman and necro one does. This obviously isn't a solve-all type AA, but could be a useful AA none-the-less when trying to max burn and out of mana or when you die you can hit this and continue on the raid. I played a shaman and found this line of AA to be VERY useful.

By the way, with pet heals, mend companion, the increasing amount of hp of the pet (I think it's like around 24k right now?), this could be an extremely viable and reliable way to obtain mana in crucial moment.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

I cant help but notice that we do not have any AAs suggested to increase our mana regeneration.
Why not a direct pet/mana nuke. Do 10k damage and get 7k mana, usable every 10 minutes.