master AA idea list for new expansion

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Re: master AA idea list for new expansion

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

i could use an aa like that =P
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Any comments on the rankings in the updated first post? Or do I have them right?
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

I don't like and never did like a spell to harm the pet to give me mana. The other way around is far better. So as in a mod rod, I will give up hit points for mana. I will not give up pet hit poitns for mana. It is defeating the purpose of a pet unless down time or just after a res. For a raiding mage sure your pet is most likely not being hit, but if grouped or solo it is, and you won't want to do that.

Lets get off the pet for mana, and use our own hit points as we do in a rod and a necro does with bloom. Pets are sacred to a mage, and if your in a fight you will not sacrifice 10k of it hit points for mana. After a res or pet not taking damage you can do that, but we need another way. The idea a pet is expendable at all for any reason should be something the devs need to know we don't want. Use our own hit points, never the pets. We need to stress why the pet needs upgraded, why it needs to be as good as possible, and saying well we will sacrifice it for our own mana says the opposite.

Calebe
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

The mod rod is the absolute WORST way to go.
It will never be made very big because it can be given away to anyone. We need to improve our personal mana regen, so it needs to be via a method that doesn't effect anyone else.
I suggested the hurt for mana because its what sony has done before, and honestly, who cares if i hit my pet for 10k. 10 seconds and its all better. Plus when it comes to spell tuning, they will give us more mana regen because the pet damage is a detrimental cost to the spell.

I agree we shouldnt destroy our pets, but the damage for mana idea has been used for a long time
Wati
Magician

Post by Wati »

Thinking a bit, dunno if it s a good or bad idea.

Self mod rod AA.

Take half your hp, and double your amount of current mana (not exceeding your max)

Press it when you got 18k hp and 7k mana, and you get 9k hp and 14k mana. Reusable every 72 minutes.

I do belive this would benefit casual players and raiders. I myself play about 45 minutes a day burning my lesson, and this would be a huge benefit for me.

Just an idea.

/Wati
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Wati wrote:Thinking a bit, dunno if it s a good or bad idea.

Self mod rod AA.

Take half your hp, and double your amount of current mana (not exceeding your max)

Press it when you got 18k hp and 7k mana, and you get 9k hp and 14k mana. Reusable every 72 minutes.

I do belive this would benefit casual players and raiders. I myself play about 45 minutes a day burning my lesson, and this would be a huge benefit for me.

Just an idea.

/Wati
My first thought was no, doing it as a percentage like that could make it exploitable in the future when people have 50K mana pools. My second thought was wait, that means it will always scale and should never need to be modified again in the future. I like it.
Vermi

Post by Vermi »

I want an AA (multiple levels if i MUST) that allows make the system remember my pet configuration and restores it whenever a new pet is summoned...

not crucial but reduces the hassle factor of a combat summon
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

New AA idea:

An AA that would last 90 seconds and has a 100% chance to pop 1 extra RS pet, a 50% chance to proc a 2nd one, and a 15% chance to proc a 3rd one and a 5% chance to proc more in a 90 second window with a 10 minute cool down timer.

This AA would guarantee at least 1 extra RS pet, and chances for a 2nd 3rd or more. The percentages can be changed or a max of whatever the devs think is viable, but it would be a way to get around the twin cast not working on a RS pet, be a variable but could help raiding, grouping or soloing. It would be an AA to use all the time, except where a stray aoe may cause it to go after an add you don't want an uncontrollable pet to run after.

I think this would be a really fun AA with a lot of positive potential.

Calebe
quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

i think we have a good chance to get theftproc id rather its power be increased
quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

the mod rod could be made no trad easy peasy:) so no problemo there its my favorite option by far and a big pluss it could be made infinite charge but the recast timer would b the limiter and thus go into my potion blt never to move :D