Two new spells - level 88/90

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Danille

Two new spells - level 88/90

Post by Danille »

Level: 88
Annihilate the Divergent None 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 4194
2: 12% Chance to trigger: Annihilate Resistances
3: 2% Chance to trigger: Annihilate Havoc
693 Evocation Single
Annihilate the Divergent Rk. II None 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 4764
3: 2% Chance to trigger: Annihilate Havoc
758 Evocation Single
Annihilate the Divergent Rk. III None 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 5146
3: 3% Chance to trigger: Annihilate Havoc
800 Evocation Single

Level: 90
Twincast None 1: Increase Chance to Twincast by (100%)
2: Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)
3: Limit: Instant spells only
4: Limit: Minimum Mana Cost (10)
5: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
6: Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)
1 Abjuration Self
Twincast Rk. II None 1: Increase Chance to Twincast by (100%)
1 Abjuration Self
Twincast Rk. III None 1: Increase Chance to Twincast by (100%)
1 Abjuration Self
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Re: Two new spells - level 88/90

Post by Merlaina »

Looks like twincast is just a copy and paste of the original. Must be a placeholder for something.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Probably means the existing twincast will/does only affect spells up to 85, and we'll have to get a new one for 86-90. Typical SOE :P
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

be nice if they increased the duration by a tic or so

Sued...
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

Would be surprised if we get something other than the normal copy and paste with a 20%-ish increase in power across the board like we did for our 81-85 spells, 76-80 spells, etc, with a handful of possibly useful new spells thrown in.

Would be nice if they would put a little more thought into things to change it up just a little bit.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

In general we get the extension of the lines because that is what is expected by the masses. What kind of outcry do you think would occur if pretty much all we knew suddenly was tossed out and they went some totally new direction for an expansion? Before it even would go live it would bring out the doom and gloom sayers, mages would have to totally rethink how the class is played, etc. It just isn't going to happen unless SOE suddenly and deliberately wants an uprising, and I doubt they would want that given they get enough uprisings for the things they do already.

That said, for new spells and aa's and all, it is my opinion we ask FAR too late in the process for things that are really "new". Look at the ASC X12 protocols as an example - if you want something new, you don't get it in this release, you get it in a release or two or often three down the road from when you ask because it takes that long to gain traction, approvals, code support, etc, etc, etc. And while this is a game, the resources are such that it is highly unlikely you will get anything in HoT that is really unique or different than what already exists, because once the thing is to the point its beta the code change part of things is likely long past. Basically we need to be asking for stuff NOW for not this expansion but for the one that follows it if we really want something "new". It's clear they already have notions on what is going in given that the spells listed at the top are already coming out.

The other problem is we still haven't anyone helping prioritize the stuff on the master lists even though I have been asking for reviews of the lists for over a month now, and I am not posting it without feedback. I am also of the opinion that if said feedback is not in by Fan Faire, we might as well just say "screw it" on submitting more than the giant list of the good bad and ugly (which is what already is over at SOE without priority, rankings, etc - and imo probably was a bad thing to do but concensus said post it) because it really is getting far to late in the expansion development for that. The devs don't just have mages to deal with...they have us and all the other classes wanting their time and resources, and if we aren't ready they will spend their time elsewhere and we will get the leftover 13 seconds they have after every other class is dealt with. And if all they got is the good bad and ugly list when they work on mage stuff, well, then that is probably worse than no list at all - lord knows what they will pick off of it, and their defense is "well, you did ask for it."
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

svenalo wrote:It's clear they already have notions on what is going in given that the spells listed at the top are already coming out.
The other problem is we still haven't anyone helping prioritize the stuff on the master lists even though I have been asking for reviews of the lists for over a month now, and I am not posting it without feedback. "
First of all Svenalo thanks for trying to step up and fill the leadership void that currently exists with mage representation with the DEV's. (At least that is what your post sounds liek when I read them)
It is a thankless position that I don't have the time or desire to tackle.

Those who have seen my post over the years and people who know me personally understand that I did not participate in the Kozvar bashing and often defended him in some of the more controversial debate on the old boards.
There is however one thing I do fault him for and that his the way he left us.
When the mage rep before Koz left EQ and went to EQ2 or graduated college and had to work for a living, he gave the mage community lots of heads up so we could vote on a new rep (which Kozvar campaigned for), then he passed the baton by way of making sure Koz had the tools and introductions he needed to deal with the DEV's on our behalf.
I think we made great strides as a class during Kozvar's time, but his never posting on this board and its my way or the highway attitude over the last year or so disappoints me along with just walking away without passing the baton in the same manner it was turned over to him.
It does not matter if there is no longer a formal class rep program; abandonment is a pretty low road to take when you feel your EQ/REP life is over. /rant off

I would like to make some suggestions for dealing with the choices and prioritization.
One of the things used in the past was the poll page.
If you set up a poll and publish a date range, then the results of the poll is what you can feel comfortable publishing to SoE.
Those who do not participate in the poll will just be SOL because you gave everyone a fair venue to voice their opinions.

What is lacking most these days IMO is someone who has a personal relationship with the DEVs who can give the readers of Magician's Tower hints and guidance, without breaking the NDA, of what areas are best to focus our efforts on for the upcoming expansion.

If you are looking to represent the mage community for the BETA and/or beyond, God bless you :)
You will never please everyone and should not try to otherwise you will be ineffective.

Do what is fair as you see it.
Have a thick skin.
And remember that all the people who may bash you in the future just sat on their collective asses writing rants like this one -- Sued points at self -- while you tried to make a difference.

Sued...
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I'm actually working on a poll page right now. I will have it up either later today or tomorrow. I will post the URL when it is completed.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Excellent.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Alright, poll site is done, but I'm waiting for some DNS values to propagate throughout the internet. I registered a new domain for it but am hosting it on my personal hosting, which has the domain name of my real name, thus I'm waiting for the redirect with domain masking to finish propagating. Once that's done I'll post the poll link in a new thread both here and on the official sony forums.