Pet casting still hurt DPS

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
heracyangel

Pet casting still hurt DPS

Post by heracyangel »

I remember at one time pet casting cut down on their melee dps. Is this still the case? I just got my epic 1.5 and I was told (by a non-mage) that i should not use its buff because it will hurt my airpets dps.
Rathic

Re: Pet casting still hurt DPS

Post by Rathic »

Casting does not affect pet melee DPS anymore. Your friend is wrong.
heracyangel

Post by heracyangel »

Excellent! I thought that was the case, but i could not find anywhere (but lots of old post about it being the case).

Thanks Again!
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

There was a mention in another post here that the epic proc takes precedence over Iceflame, so you would get fewer prism skin procs with the epic buff active. Is this true? Are there other proc buffs that might have the effect of slowing the proc rate for Iceflame (shammy, chanter buffs maybe)?

Do weapon procs take precedence over Iceflame?
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

If you are using the level 81 and higher pets, the epic clicky proc competes with and is lower than regular pet procs so most 85 mages i know no longer use the epic.

Sued...
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

The epic's stun proc is also capped at level 75 so using the epic buff for mobs higher than that really doesn't help much.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

while most mobs are immune to the stun proc, is the extra agro from the resisted stuns noticable
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

sharrien wrote:There was a mention in another post here that the epic proc takes precedence over Iceflame, so you would get fewer prism skin procs with the epic buff active. Is this true? Are there other proc buffs that might have the effect of slowing the proc rate for Iceflame (shammy, chanter buffs maybe)?

Do weapon procs take precedence over Iceflame?
Since no one actually answered your questions...

Epic will take over for Iceflame. It goes by proc rate, then total damage amount. So if it's on the same swing, the Epic 2.0 will go over Iceflame. It's not a massive loss, maybe 10-20% of Iceflame procs, but if you're soloing, it's probably worth not using epic. Though the agro is very nice.

Any "melee proc" buffs will. That's mostly Shaman Lynx-line of spells. Bards have one too, which is actually really crappy on normal pet.

Weapon procs are seperate from Spell-based "proc on swing" effects. In theory, you can proc a Weapon, a Spell and an AA proc on the same swing.

As for pet Spells slowing DPS, last time I checked it, which I think was UF beta, it was still true. I don't remember them ever fixing that, though I guess I could have missed it over time. They just upped the Pet spells to mitigate the issue. But it's pretty easy to test with a Water pet and FBO.
heracyangel

Post by heracyangel »

Do the defensive procs like the Shammies heal/slow one block it?
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

heracyangel wrote:Do the defensive procs like the Shammies heal/slow one block it?
Things like Rune of the Void-line enchanter spells do block it. Also, the Enchanter Mana-regen aura will strip it. Those are the two things I can think of/check that actually blocks it.