Spell and AA poll

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
qibrme
Conjurer

Re: Spell and AA poll

Post by qibrme »

On the old Mage Tower as well as on my old guild website that i used to own when i was an officer there, when polls were created it would be the first thing seen on the Board Index front page.
That way when people logged on to the website they did not have to navigate through 8 forums to find out that there was an active poll.
Also, once you voted, the poll results became visible to the voter in bar graph form.

Danille, do you have the ability to do something like that here?

If not, can you move the poll link into a separate forum that is positioned as the first one above "GENERAL" with the name "POLLS".

That may give the poll more visibility, at least on this site.

Sued...
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

qibrme wrote:
Tweelis wrote: Also would it be ok to post your pole to other message boards where people talk about boxing mages? I know several people on the evilgamer.net boards box mages and IMO their input would help but I don't want to step on toes if you'd rather keep this pole about mage mains.
Spreading the word is good IMO, but I would be cautious about putting the link on boards not set up for a predominantly mage audience.
Lots of players out there who don't think we should have what we already do, much less getting upgrades.
I think there is a real danger for the magicians are overpowered crowd to skew the poll if we don't keep some control over who votes.
Members of the old and current mage tower have been the drivers in class representation for many years now, I see no reason to change or dilute that.
Not to mention people who box mages have very different priorities from main mages. A lot of people out there are happy having their mage sit in the back with a pet attack hotkey and a rumbling servant hotkey. They never come close to the classes potential. IMO only people who play a mage seriously should have any say - and while that does spread to alts, boxed mages are a grey area.
Danille

Post by Danille »

qibrme wrote:On the old Mage Tower as well as on my old guild website that i used to own when i was an officer there, when polls were created it would be the first thing seen on the Board Index front page.
That way when people logged on to the website they did not have to navigate through 8 forums to find out that there was an active poll.
Also, once you voted, the poll results became visible to the voter in bar graph form.

Danille, do you have the ability to do something like that here?

If not, can you move the poll link into a separate forum that is positioned as the first one above "GENERAL" with the name "POLLS".

That may give the poll more visibility, at least on this site.

Sued...
Only the super administrator can do that. The permissions that I have as a board mod dont let me do much more than edit, delete and combine posts as well as issue warnings and ban forum rule violators
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

Completed
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

We can post it like I did the brain storming list...first the concensus things, then can add a line about us "expecting continuation of all existing spell and aa lines", and follow that with the top 10 spells and the top 10 aa's. That way we cover all the bases.

I will get my votes in soon as I am done reading all today's new posts.

Ok, posted vote...
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

FYI we're now up to 28 votes (as of 12:25 EDT Monday). I'll be putting up a results page later today so everyone can see how the voting is going thus far. In the mean time keep mentioning the poll to guildy mages, as well as in the local server and serverwide mage channels.
Tubben

Post by Tubben »

I didnt do the poll, just because my mage is 66 only, so i dont really have a opinion on most of the things in the poll, but i thing you did a great job.

btw.

Whats the serverwide.mage channel?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Tubben wrote:I didnt do the poll, just because my mage is 66 only, so i dont really have a opinion on most of the things in the poll, but i thing you did a great job.

btw.

Whats the serverwide.mage channel?
Found in the library, second to last post "Important websites and serverwide channel" if you ever forget. The channel is: serverwide.magicians:fluffy
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Results page is complete (ugly, but complete) and a link to it can be found on the main poll page.

Edit: I guess I should mention how results are tallied if it's not already clear. Basically each person voted on things giving them a score of 0-4. The results here are just a straight total of those values, so if one person gives a spell a 4 and another gives it a 2 then it has a score of 6. The current max is 116 (29 voters), with the highest score at the time of this posting at a 107.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Sorry, I've been on vacation for the last week. Poll completed.