Turn Summoned

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Redius
Conjurer

Turn Summoned

Post by Redius »

Is turn summoned a worthwhile aa to invest in? I've got 1750 aa's, so all the necessary ones have been gotten, as well as a few that aren't as useful. I guess my question is, will this be at all useful to me (90/10 raiding to grouping as far as time spent playing)

Thanks!
Shadowkillerr

Re: Turn Summoned

Post by Shadowkillerr »

I bought the first rank of it for the chance at a 32k, but other than that I haven't invested in it. I don't remember exactly how much damage it does, but I know that I felt it was better for me to spend my AA's in other areas.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye,"
"I am lost in my own mind."

Shadowkillerr - a Magician of Cestus Dei on the Luclin server.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

In all honesty it really isn't that useful in the raid game. The last raid I used it on was Zi-thuuli back in Demi Plane of Blood, you might be able to use it on the named in Showdown at the Crystal Core but that is really it for this expansions summoned mobs. You would be better off going pet AAs or nuke AAs tbh. :D

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

That's kinda my problem Pie, i've finished all the pet and spell damage/crit aa's.

However, judging on the other comments, i'll probably just max CA/CS instead.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

You finish off all your Host, Servant of Ro, FBO, extended FBO, extended swarm AAs and other stuff like that, that aren't technically main pet AAs? If you have then yeah get that defense and HPs up for raids and grps. Turn summoned is really just an AA to get if u wanna have fun every now and again on some mobs, or to max your AAs out. Not really crucial with the raids today. :D

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I just bought this the other day and I must say it's pretty much crap, at least at rank 1. For me at 73 it does 100 damage per tick and lasts for maybe 10 or so ticks. I only cast it 7-8 times and it never procced for me. Don't know what the proc rate is, so maybe I was just unlucky.
fanliorel

Post by fanliorel »

I agree, except it's even crappier because it only lasts about 6 ticks for me. I've been grinding AAs at 70, I've used this skill a few dozen times, and it's never proc'ed or whatever, just 100 dmg x 6, yay. But at least it was only like 3 AA. I'm def not puttin more into it unless someone comes along here and drops a bombshell.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

fanliorel wrote:..... and drops a bombshell.
The bombshell is that this has very little usefulness. At least our summoned nukes hit summoned AND construct mobs, while the turn summoned AA hits ONLY summoned. I still have it hotkeyed, but I can't remember the last time I used it. Lots of other AAs to get before this one.
Ottaro
Elementalist

Post by Ottaro »

Just as fyi, its 1000 dmg per tick once its fully AAed. Never checked to see if it procs the 32k, i use it semi regularly (works on golems). Usually the mobs dead before it ends so not sure how long it lasts .. so umm, it does a 1000 dmg is all the info i have :mrgreen:
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

It does proc the 32k. Buy level 1 and just use it for that chance at getting the big boom.