Raid DS

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Sampi

Raid DS

Post by Sampi »

What damage shield, if any, do you cast on the main tank during raids?
Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Re: Raid DS

Post by Firen Fury »

if the tank has a DS on, does the damage from that add to the tanks DPS on a parse?
Image . Image . Image
The 'Preview' Button is Your Friend
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Firen Fury wrote:if the tank has a DS on, does the damage from that add to the tanks DPS on a parse?
Yes it would because there's no way to attribute it back to you, however, I do not think DS's are counted on any parses.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Sampi wrote:What damage shield, if any, do you cast on the main tank during raids?
In my guild we don't cast any, the tanks complain about being buff locked all the time, so they just click it off anyway.
Enocha
Magician

Post by Enocha »

Same here, most tanks have DS's on the block list so they do not run out if spots for hots, DI, etc.
Alanlya

Post by Alanlya »

Good old Circle rank 2. The higher your raids' dps, the less use you get out of it. The raids I attend have very low dps; with the Time to Kill so high, that DS adds a lot of free damage. I cast it unless we specifically do not want any DS. If they block it, so be it.
Ottaro
Elementalist

Post by Ottaro »

Alanlya wrote:Good old Circle rank 2. The higher your raids' dps, the less use you get out of it. The raids I attend have very low dps; with the Time to Kill so high, that DS adds a lot of free damage. I cast it unless we specifically do not want any DS. If they block it, so be it.
x2
Enocha
Magician

Post by Enocha »

Kiters (shd, palllys) do not want DS as it makes the mob summon them. They complain that they are out of blocked buffs limit (no idea why there is a cap as it takes at least 4 to block mod rods).
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

DS is always raid dependent. And it helps if the NPC has AE rampage, as that adds up even more. Not a lot of events it's that useful on current, because of the way most things are structured, it really doesn't add much. Back in the Demi/Por era, was a few good fights for it, however.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

It's habbit to keep the DS on myself and pet at all times so unless there's a specific call for no DS, the rank 2 gets group casted often.