Summon Companion 2+more - er- does not work..

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Andorrabell
Elementalist

Summon Companion 2+more - er- does not work..

Post by Andorrabell »

Okay so unless I'm missing something summon companion Rk 2 or higher CANNOT proc a fade because it still has zero chance to work if the pet is on a hatelst.
True? If true when is this going to be fixed or refunded and removed?
???
Malleria
Arch Mage

Re: Summon Companion 2+more - er- does not work..

Post by Malleria »

This comes up a lot in channel, but yes it does work. Kind of.

Each of it's parts is working correctly:
1) It summons the pet when not engaged
2) It fades the pet

The problem is... it performs the actions in that order. Meaning the fade does trigger, and your pet does lose all of it's hate. But if your pet is already engaged when you click the button, it won't be summoned.

That is not it's intended functionality. Elidroth told us in beta he intended for the fade to go off immediately and allow for the pet to be summoned clear of combat. About half way through he realised this wasn't happening, and attempted to fix it. For whatever reason (he said code issues) he could not reverse the order. So, we get left with how it is now.

It is still useful though. Instead of thinking of it in terms of it's non-working function, think of the button having a dual function. It is now a pet summon OR a pet fade. At rank 4 it is a 100% chance guaranteed full fade. I've not stopped using it since purchasing it. You're not gonna notice a big difference, just subtle ones. Things like...

-When a mob needs to be moved by the tank, and your pet's agro is preventing it. (Also allowing you to engage mobs you know need to be moved soon without fear of your pet's agro becoming a problem)
-In a pet group, being able to easily switch between several pets holding agro. No more problems with your water pet taking agro from your partner's earth pet.
-Hatelist targeted abilities (while not common anymore, an AE being centered on your pet can be bad in some situations)
-When your raid is summon tanking a mob, and your pet's agro is becoming a problem for melee dpsers getting whacked.

Yes, a lot of it's potential uses are raid uses, but it can still be useful in the group game. I almost exclusively pet tank alongside my boxed Beastlord, and being able to switch between pet tanks at will is incredibly useful.
Last edited by Malleria on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andorrabell
Elementalist

Post by Andorrabell »

Upgrading to mostly useless. Since I pretty much never ditch aggro to another pet or a PC who cant get the mob to move over a pet. I suppose i have seen my pet on Hott a few odd times on raids if the tanks are dying. Maybe I'd remember to hit it then.
This could be useful for my husband though, as his underpowered pet occasionally ganks aggro from being on the wrong mob.
Thanks Malleria for replying. :)
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

ok so let me get this straight about the new AA. If I activate summon companion 2+ it won't fade my aggro completely? I.e., it won't replace my summon pet then drape of shadows activation method? Cause that's what I thought this was, basically combining summon companion and drape of shadows, which sounds like a good idea because it would be a little more simple. Note: the above assumes pet is on hold throughout (not engaged).
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

My understanding is it just clears aggro for your pet. You still have whatever aggro you've accumulated throughout the fight. Using this with your pet as the sole tank midway through the fight would be a written invitation for the mob to come beat on you. At least that is my understanding of it. I only have it at rk 2 so far and haven't tried it mid combat yet. Might be good to help RS pets get aggro though if you haven't started nuking yet.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Just fades the pet, not the mage. They'll never give us an almost instant reuse fade :P
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Malleria wrote:Just fades the pet, not the mage. They'll never give us an almost instant reuse fade :P
Woah, hold on there, Mal. Lemme fix that for you:

Malleria wrote:Just fades the pet, not the mage. It's not likely they'll never give us an almost instant reuse fade :P
It's always possible even though the odds approach zero :D lol
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Hah, fair enough! I can just imagine Elidroth have a seizure when he considers the potential of CoTH if we could train everywhere and fade :P
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Back in the day when you could CoH yourself you could do essentially that. Some interesting things were possible in Seb...
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Malleria wrote:Hah, fair enough! I can just imagine Elidroth have a seizure when he considers the potential of CoTH if we could train everywhere and fade :P
ROFLMAO