New Spells for Next Expansion:

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: New Spells for Next Expansion:

Post by Piemastaj »

So this is what goes on when I lose internet for a few days, interesting....

Would like to say lets keep the bickering out of this, everyone is entitled to their own opinions (wrong or right).

As to the current raid game, your pet has no reason to be dying. Iceflame's proc is perfectly fine, Aegis is an overkill currently. You also have PR, Replenish, Blessing. I do not get a healer for raids, we rely solely on RB to heal Caster groups and I hardly die in any content we do. This held true back when it took us 1 week to drop T4 entirely, so you can not even say it is because of my gear.

Once pets get fixed (if they ever do) imho we will be fine for VoA in terms of DPS. I did 77k on my first parse with half a raid, my RL has gotten hectic so I have not had another go really at TOFS but I could have easily been well over 80k (shoulda been around 84k if I used 7th and my pet proced). I can forsee us hitting the 90k barrier with some luck. That to me is perfectly fine when you consider our sustained potential. Now, that is VERY hard to do because of the pet bug currently. However, a Wizard has no excuse to be hitting 60k. They should be hitting 70k w/o a bard because a bard adds I believe 10k DPS to them, which would put them in the 80k range. Comparing us to a Wizard in 3 minutes should never EVER be done. It simply wastes lines in a post, we are made for sustained Wizards are made for burst.

Personally if we continue to grow where we are growing now (Pets are pretty legit, the summoned pets will be getting better, our nukes are pretty well off), I think our DPS will be fine and we could use utility. I think right now we have a fair tradeoff in the raid game while not screwing our group game up. That is again just my opinion, nothing is or will be set in stone with our DPS vs utility discussions.

Personally I would HATE to lose thaumatize, to me that is one of our best spells and is better then another gather. I think it will be a big mistake for our group game to lose that spell and even more so on a raid sustained setting. I would STRONGLY urge you to take another route with that Voragath.

As to Savil's knowledge of what is going on or what is not going on in the raid game, let me put it into perspective. Savil and myself both predicted Mage's would be hitting the 60 to 65k mark about 1 week after VoA launched, and it proved to be 100% correct despite the doubters we had. Yes, he would not have current raid game knowledge with how certain events go or how certain classes got boosted or adjusted (which lets be frank most people on these boards don't know). That does not discredit anything he said, the only thing that would do that is actually providing facts to discredit his information. Like I said, one would not need to play this game to give any class their maximum potential on a burn, there are numerous formulas out there to prove what the max DPS for us will be.

As to if I can take 2 or 3 Sepulcher mobs molo: I did 2 solo red cons when some moron trained may area. In beta I was killing Windsong mobs when they were hitting 18k+ with an EM13 Earth pet that was not tuned properly. So, yes 2 mobs with a group focus is doable, I would venture to guess 3 would also be doable with a merc. Also, there are very few spots in Sepulcher that can't be split by us where you get more then 2 mobs, which with a merc is pretty easy to handle.

I would not recommend soloing with a Water pet. It is beyond ridiculously stupid imho. If your DPS is being made or broken by using a significantly worse tanking pet, you need to go somewhere else. There is no reason to not use an air or earth pet when your the main tank of the party.

I do not feel I need to go into length about anything else that was said, seeing as some of it is a few days old.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Oh, I don't think Thaumatize is going away, but I'd rather something better than Thaumatize be there (even if that means massaging Thaumatize to where we initially wanted it).

I haven't abandoned it at all but its continuation isn't in my hands.
Last edited by Voragath on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Agastya wrote:oh well i will try it again...

i will start for end. earth pet? i know u want to be sarcastic but come on...we are not kids...dont u? anyways i use all the time water pet ofc, even when i solo. actually i have tanked with water in some voa raids, just to check! about guild. maybe u dont play anymore EQ and that would explain ur ignorancy about my guild but we were 3rd guild beating VOA (we finish janunary, now we are in farm mode), just behind Machi Sin (we were 2nd until sep5, they won us very close) and ROI.
about earth pet, did u never use it when discovering a new raid? well, i dont want to give spoilers so i will keep the hint... anyways, when u are studing a new expansion u die like hell!!! u should now if u were max dps blablabla u die all the time while u are making starts and so, when u raid on betas, etc.

about stances. since i guess u not playing anymore or u dont raid high content no sense to argue with u about stance... i could accept it if u fight against many mobs with low dmg hits...but that slow component its a fail.

about clikies. do u really have 1,5 secs between a burn line? then u are doing something wrong and that would explain many things... just to make a guess. u use rs, 2 bolts and clash, do u really have 1,5 secs between last cast and first one? BIG LOL. anyways i didnt say i never use exigent or shar, i just said i dont need them coz time and mana, thxs to my mana pool i rarely get OOM, maybe just in windsong coz AE or BD for long fight.

about rains. man, do u really read full paragrah or just the starting? where did i say i use rains in raids....? that is noobish.... i said, if im fighting 3+ mobs that was a fun tool and mana/dmg ratio wasnt bad.

Drape. do u really only use drape one by day in high end zones? i doubt it. i would like to see how u solo in windsong or sepulcher witout having to use drape a couple of times atleast, so i guess u never solo on thse kind of zones. quote: "I would resort to using it if I was OOM and lost my pet" i hope u mena here an update...coz u know without pet u cant....

hahaha im still laughting for ur final question hehe i like how "uber" players try to upset u.... i never liked those who thinks the are the "best"...

Voragath. ty. about buffs. i mean, imagine sep4 or temple, when every guy must pay attention coz adds, tons of emotes, aes with fizzle, mana drain,...but mainly emotes, sometimes i understand peps use single to be faster and save mana coz this.
we all agree about thaumatize, crappy, but i must recognize i still use it hehe :p about exgient what i said. i prefer to cast one additional nuke than waste time with clikie, if ur pool let u ofc. thxs god atm im able to do it. and not everyone use it, i never do and i have a great dps rate.

i still think we must insist even with old demands. they are old, ok, they already said no, ok, but come one, we dont care, we want them, so we bother u!

Charm. BoT times were fun with charm until they nefed it :( we OP coz it? and what about druids in BD? man, do u really still playing or know how things working now? anyways as i said 2 times and now 3rd, i just said a wish, if u dont want people saying what they want just say it clearly. Conformists get adapted to the world, unconformist adapt world to them, evolution is thank to unconformist, so why dont insist?
I completely missed this post, or assumed it was someone else.

First, SoD beat Sep 5 on FEBRUARY 23d. That is not January because MS did not beat it til February 18th.

Second, you guys like MS had to rely on pet tanking to cheese through Fumerak, acting like Earth pet is great to use while learning events is far different then 'that is and was our main tanking strategy for an event'. I personally thought it was so stupid that guilds resorted to that, and still do even though the entire event was nerfed to hell and back. It was also infuriating to ROI when we beat it w/o pet tanking because it is much harder to do it that way.

Thirdly, how do you consider yourself 'uber' if you fail to use 2 pets that can be pre-summoned and nuke for 16 and 18k DMG a pop? It is highly illogical and it calls into question how bad of DPS your guild is if your topping the charts while clearly lacking to do basic Magely abilities on raids. I love how Savil's know-how has been called into question and no one called yours into question with this utterly ridiculous post.

Fourth, why in gods name are you using any Bolts in your weave? I am assuming you mean spear, but it calls into question your know-how again. The fire shard is insta-cast ie: it takes 0 time to cast it. You should be using Force of the Elements during your weave aswell as OMM click/TOB robe/Vish click/Tacvi dagger. It is absurd to think a mage would not because you clearly do have time during a weave to do so.

Drape of Shadows is not required for any zone really. Especially when you summon a SOS clicky from your cauldron. As to the 'your pet is dead you can't use drape', most Mages who solo have a pet memed and a pet that is suspended. You simply cast a RS pet and bring the pet down or summon a new one to use drape. That is of course if you do not have coN up, otherwise there is no point to use drape. also if you have the root clicky from Beza it makes Drape pointless for pulls.

I bet SOD wishes Malleria was still playing because wow....

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

"I bet SOD wishes Malleria was still playing because wow...."

Trust me, I totally understand some of his comments now... and actually feel kinda sorry for him now as well

Savil
Agastya

Post by Agastya »

Correct, we won on febrery, my apoligies. when u write fast and not on you main language u have mistakes. anyways i said clearly we were 3rd, not 2nd. if we would have won on febrary we would have been 2nd and not 3rd as i said, but as i said, my bad.
maybe coz english is not my main lagunage i have been missunderstood, so i clarify myself.
where did i say im uber? i just said i dont like people who thinks its uber (or maybe he actually is) but hes rude with other people coz he knows more about something. i dont like arrogancy, thats all but i didnt say im uber!
where did i say we use earth tank in fumerak? actually we dont and we never did. i just said we use earth, as many other guilds, while u study strategy, nothing else. we didnt win tanking with earth and we dont do fumerak or whichever other raid with earth pet. i just said we both were checking something, and we won, but not coz earth pets.
yes, i meant spear, again maybe coz language. i didnt say which is my line so i dont know why u suppose that. actually i checked this web long time ago to improve my line, to check if i was doing things as its supposed to be, and i copied some ideas i was lacking just adjusting them to my play style. during global CD i do use force of elements, i use relocate pet constanly coz u know how a raid push a named, so i like to have my pet always positioned on named´s back. when so i use shard too, just i dont use often minion or shard maybe coz im lazy maybe coz i didnt see a big diferent there. and one more time maybe i was missunderstood. i didnt mean iam top dps, obviously thats impossible, zerkers, roges, ranjas, etc.

anyways this wasnt a thread about how i play or how i mage must play, its for spells for next expansion. so, im sorry if i disturb u all, i started writing here with good manners, and i was attacked. idc if a person usually insults and then we can forgive him:"its ok, he does sometimes, u will know him", not with me, if im polite i like to receive same manners. if u dont like what a person says u always can pass away or just tell him with good manners what he does wrong, but never rude. anyways, again, sorry if i bother u,but im off. thank you.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I posted specific dates indicating you finished 3d. It was clear that was your intent, I was clarfiying when you won because you were off-base there. And you know since the last few pages of this thread were about straight-up facts I think everyone should be held to that not just certain people.

You were vague in the post I quoted, but it came off as you thinking you were uber. Which made 0 sense when you were lacking very simple and very key things to the Magicians role. You mentioned uber and applied to 'going after' Savil which made me assume you thought of yourself that way.

You said u used earth pet on Sep 3 (Fumerak) and Sep 4. There is no point in using Earth pet on 3 unless it is for Fumerak. The same goes for Sep 4 unless your using it for the boss. The adds are entirely too hard to try to maintain with pets, and they are incredibly easy during Fumerak. Sep 4 there are hardly any adds up, and you get nuked if you do too much DPS so most of your DPS should be killing adds on that fight anyway. Not to mention the whole 'Pets can not tank when a player is in melee range of a NPC' whole dealio. So, I would like to know how exactly you intended to use an Earth pet other then tanking on those events. Unless you were trying to root tank the boss with the Earth pets 12 root, trying to yo yo tank it....

I went back and looked through I can't find where you posted you were doing top DPS, it might have been Nylrem. So I apologize for falsely accusing you of that.

As to you being attacked, you had every right to defend yourself. You also needed to be held accountable for what you were saying that was wrong and off-base though. I could find probably 3 or 4 things in every post that were wrong based on EQ, not your language. We have people who come to these boards for help and guidance on the class, and some of the things you posted were absurd to say the least. I would hate for a Magician to look at the post I quoted and see that as a helper to better themself.

I truly have 0 issues with people of different nationalitys, but I do have issues when people blame that nationality for missunderstandings and such. Now I do understand there is a distinct difference b/t English and whatever language you speak, but if your going to come to a primarily English discussion board (I would say 99.99% English based on posts I have seen in the Magician section) you should try and possibly re-read your posts to make sure things are precisely how you want them before you post. I personaly do this all the time, because it can avoid missunderstandings
Last edited by Piemastaj on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Probably too late to add something and not sure if this has been mentioned before.

What if they bring back a 5th lvl pet (if it came out in this expansion it would be lvl 95). But it can change forms. So toggle button to change it from water to earth or Air to water, etc. I assume this is possible with merc swapping and being able to suspend minion with equip/buffs. I would think suspend minion simply copies all buff/equip and type of pet. Take that copy and replace it with new type of pet. Not sure if they could make it instant but would be nice to be able to switch pet types in certain situations.
Last edited by Fleiss on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Fleiss wrote:Probably too late to add something and not sure if this has been mentioned before.
It technically never is too late for a suggestion. :D
hokuspocus
Trial Member

Post by hokuspocus »

Since they can tweak exigent minion based on whether a mob is flagged as raid or "normal" could they do the same with RS line?
A RS line pet that does more damage to raid mobs would be a nice way for us to up our raid DPS without affecting how powerful we are in group content.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

hokuspocus wrote:Since they can tweak exigent minion based on whether a mob is flagged as raid or "normal" could they do the same with RS line?
A RS line pet that does more damage to raid mobs would be a nice way for us to up our raid DPS without affecting how powerful we are in group content.
Technically, probably so. Practically, no. For it to work the way you want, then Aristo has to make and balance twice as many RS pets as he does now. It's easier to do the clicky pets because all he changes is the spell they cast. With RS, you change dmg, atk, delay, etc.

Also, they aren't just going to go willy nilly on making this spell and that spell do more damage at raids. The necro change is nightmarish enough.

Edit to add: And I'm sure it's not as easy to balance since you can buff these pets through auras and single shots, which they are acutely aware of. That makes it harder to control and balance. With the clicky pets, it's a very strict control on damage output.
Last edited by Voragath on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.