Buffs: Pet: Long-term: Shared Merciless Ferocity (BL), Symphony of Battle (Bard), Hastening of Sviir (Enchanter), Shout of the Predator (Ranger), Strength of the Bosquestalker (Ranger), Mammoth's Force-Preeminent Foresight-Insistent Focusing (Shammy), Talisman of the Snow Leopard (Shammy), Burnout XI, Iceflame Eminence.
Buffs: Pet: Short-term: Virulent Talon (Mage), Frenzied Burnout (Mage), RoF or VoA robe click (Mage), Auspice of the Hunter (Ranger), War Cry (Berserker), Ruaabri's Fury (BL), Third spire of the Minstrels (Bard), Second Spire of the Pathfinders (Ranger), Fierce Eye (Bard), Quick Time (Bard), Spirit of Vesagran (Bard), Thief's Eye (Rogue), Group Guardian of the Forest (Ranger), Group Spirit of the Black Wolf (Druid).
Auras: Pet: Arcane Distillect (Mage), Aura of Va'Ker (Bard), Bloodlust Aura (Berserker).
Buffs: Mage: Long-term: Foresight (Enchanter), Blessing of Fervor (Cleric), Tonic of Resonant Fire XVII (Potion Clicky), Path of the Fire Nimbus (LoN Clicky), Phantasmal Guardian (Mage).
Buffs: Mage: Short-term: Fierce Eye (Bard), Spirit of Vesagran (Bard), Group Spirit of the Black Wolf (Druid), Auspice of the Hunter (Ranger), Illusions of Grandeur (Enc), Chromatic Haze (Enc). Black Wolf, Grandeur, Fierce Eye have stacking issues with each other.
Songs: Mage/Pet: Aria of Va'Ker, Gosik's Aria, Kaficus' Song of Suffering.
Auras: Mage/Pet: Aura of Va'Ker (Bard),Amplifying Aura (Enc), Twincast Aura (Enc), Wildspark Aura (Druid). With the Addition of Amplifying Aura you can now stack Wildspark and both Enc auras to get an increased DPS boost.
The buffs are simply what our pets and we need to do DMG. They are not for HP and or fluff stuff, you should know what buffs you need to stay alive during an event and such.
Burn: Our Garg pets are simply holding back our Burst potential. The ceiling gets much higher from an all Direct Damage line-up because of the enhancements that First Spire received and with the introduction of Illusions of Grandeur. If you include that with Twincast our fourth spell in a burn weave is doing double the DMG of our Garg and a lot of the time surpassing the Garg's DMG on the initial nuke meaning anything you get on that Twincast is all cheddar.
Burn Weave: Rain of Blistersteel>Salvo of Many>Rain of Scythes>Spear of Blistersteel.
Burn Weave Broken Down: Essentially I have Rain ahead of Salvo of Many to ensure there are pets on the mob, and Salvo is a fairly quick casting spell so it does not mess with things too much having it there vs in slot 1. As to the changes in this weave EVERYTHING below remains the same (on how to approach/burn). You are merely removing Garg out of the equation and replacing it with Spear.
1. How I normally start off a burn with Forceful in this setup (I am still debugging this weave so this may change) is I cast Rain of Blistersteel>Salvo of Many>Forceful Rejuvenation>Rain of Blistersteel>Salvo of Many>Rain of Scythes>Spear of Blistersteel. This should essentially get your 2 highest DPS spells out while not messing up your overall Spell Casts or DPS because Salvo has such a quick cast time.
2. After that initial bump you can follow the with or without Host breakdowns below and go a long your merry way. Simply plug 1 in where 4 is currently,
3. This is for a 60 to 90 second period really (essentially a burn period). Anything longer then that really should include a Garg pet in your line-up. This where our Spear becomes less useful and the ceiling on this weave will become lower then a Garg weave.
Weave: Relentless Servant>Salvo of Many>Rain of Blistersteel>Rain of Scythes.
Without Host of the Elements:
1.You want to unsuspend your pet relatively close to when your going to engage, but not too soon to waste your buff timers for no reason so you need to guesstimate this. This is so you can get things like Auspice of the Hunter, War Cry, bard clickes ect.
2. Engage your pet. Then cast Relentless Servant, Forceful Rejuvenation, Relentless Servant. Then click your Imperious Minion and Servant clickies.
3. Now click your burn hotkey. This should be: Fire Core, First Spire of the Elements, Empowered Focus of Arcanum, Improved Twincast. Then you should be clicking your Glyph of Cataclysm and Intensity of the Resolute.
4. Now use your designated Multi-bind key and start weaving your line-up. When you have spell cool-downs or during global recast blank time, you should be casting Force of Elements. Depending on how quickly the fight is over, I would suggest against using a fire orb or an ice clicky during Improved Twincast. Simply because if the fight will allow you to get every Improved Twincast off we have much better spells that need to get Twincasted. Now, if it is a fairly short fight and you do not think you can use all your counters, then yes use any and all clickies.
5. If the fight is of a longer duration simply continue using your multi-bind key for the duration of the fight. Once Improved Twincast drops, make sure to cast a Relentless Servant (meaning hold out for a new weave if you have to ect), then pop your spell Twincast and hit all of your clickies during this time as well. This Twincast has no counters but is timed, so you want to pump out as much in clickies as you can.
6. If this fight is a more lengthy event then you will want to pop Elemental Union once Fire Core runs out of time. You will also need to hit Frenzied Burnout when it drops and Virulent Talon when it drops off of your pet as well.
7. If the fight is exceedingly longer then our 5minute burn period, when the second Frenzied Burnout drops click your Anguish robe. When that robe drops click your SoD robe.
8. Your spell Twincast should have been up by now again, make sure to try and time it either with Bard epic (Spirit of Vesagran), or our First Spire. Now if you used it right at the repop mark our Spire won't be up, so you need to coordinate with your bard so that your Twincasting with a Spell Crit chance modifier and not just with your AA crit chance.
WITH Host of the Elements: With host is very simple. The only things that change is when you use your discs, and only slightly.
1. Right before your going to engage hit your burn key of: Fire Core, First Spire of the elements, Empowered Focus of Arcanum. DO NOT hit Improved Twincast. Then unsuspend your pet to get the MGBed buffs and everything like I explained above.
2. Relentless Servant, Forceful Rejuvenation, Relentless Servant. Host of the Elements. Click Glyph of Cataclysm and Intensity of the Resolute, then go to a nuke only multi-bind key. When roughly 9 seconds have elapsed (or around 1 weave of Bolt-Salvo-Spear-Spear), cast a Relentless Servant, click Imperious Minion and Servant, then pop Improved Twincast. Continue on your Multi-bind key with Relentless in it.
During any burn make sure to use your OMM clicky staff nuke, ToB robe nuke, Dagger of Evil Summons, and or the DoN clicky nuke. They should be used whenever they are up.
After the above 2 steps you can go back to the rest of my above guide and it will line-up perfectly fine.
Host is a pita to move into any weave. Plain and simple it prevents us from casting Relentless Servants (because of pet spawn code) for roughly 9 seconds, and we can not really hold off on nuking for 9 full seconds on a burn situation. It also plays into the fact that our clicky pets (Servant/Minion) eat up Twincast and so does Relentless Servant if we do cast it. That is why I would hold off on Improved Twincast until after ALL of your pets are out and hitting the mob. I personally do not ever use Host unless I am split raiding, I would not recommend using it unless you can not possibly reach 15 pets with just you and your guild's pets.
Also, do you always use improved twincast first? If longer fight I tend to use twincast first since it will be back up sooner. I understand if short fight it really doesn't matter since neither would be up. Also if extrememly short burn, I probably wouldn't worry about clickies eatting counters on improved twincast since unlikely to get through but it and twincast before burn is up.
Do you really use Mage Arcane Distillect on raids? I tend to think of it as a debuff to mammoths on raids more than a benefit. While mammoth only adds attack to our pets, it gives all other pets in the raid without a all skills % modifier a big FU when it is oor of us. It just seems pets are OOR of aura more than they are in range, thus mammoths at least gives them some sort of mod.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I know this was a quick splash and you probably would have hit on some of my points later.
It can be TGBed, not MGBed. So unless your grouped with the ranger it is unlikely you will get it unless you specifically ask for it. It really would only be a minor increase as well, (the attack) the all skills DMG modifier does not stack with FBO. It will be able to land on the pet while FBO is active, but FBO has a much higher all skills DMG mod on it, and those do not add up.Fleiss wrote:Good to know, thanks.
Group Guardian can be TB'd or MGB'd is why i mentioned it.
Was just trying to help in compiling a good list or if mage X sees this buff or that buff (not that pets have limits, but could effect staking of something, thus need to block) they could go my pet doesn't need that effect. Once again, thanks for the info, I like these kind of discussions.
I was merely pointing out that it is not a major thing to have to seek out and get, since the other 2 buffs you mentioned normally get MGBed before raids start and then you don't need to ask for them during the night. There are certain buffs I would personally ask for (Fero, KF, Lion, bard shiz), that I feel are necessary for our pets because they grant a much greater impact then say guardian. Guardian imho is a fluff thing, but needs to be on a buff list.
I thought Glyph did not stack with Intensity of the Resolute. Let me check Lucy....
Intensity of the Resolute
2: Critical DoT (50%)
3: Critical Heal (50%)
4: Critical HP Regen (50)
5: Decrease Spell Critical Direct Damage by 50%
8: Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 55%
Glyph of the Cataclysm
1: Increase Critical Damage by 60% with 1H Blunt
2: Increase Critical Damage by 60% with 1H Slashing
3: Increase Critical Damage by 60% with 2H Blunt
4: Increase Critical Damage by 60% with 2H Slashing
5: Increase Critical Damage by 60% with Hand To Hand
6: Increase Critical Damage by 60% with Piercing
7: Decrease Spell Critical Direct Damage by 100%
8: Increase Critical DoT Damage by 60%
Nope, looks like we're good. The boost uses different slots (5 vs. 7 respectively) for spells. And diff slots for melee (8 vs. 1-7).
I was going to just delete this post, but maybe someone else might be wondering too. It also helps pad my post count!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests