RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Cielli
Conjurer

Re: RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Post by Cielli »

These are batched parses of an Earth pet, with Bazaar gear in most slots, vs one without ( just summoned swords )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

I am more curious if that is because he dodged more, or took hits better. I guess I would want to go are their effects on gear effecting the pet, thus really I only need to buy a dodge mod piece of ger, versus trying to buy 12 piece everytime when the other 11 really aren't doing much. There are 12 factors being added to the pets, so any of the 12 or combo of a few may get you the same effects. I know that is ton on parsing (thus why I haven't even thought of how I would want to do it or tried to parsing anything).
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

It is the cumulative effects , mostly of AC, but also of the various mod 2's ( shielding/avoidance ) on all of the pieces... No individual skill ( dodge, block, riposte ) accounted for a huge part of it. Most of the gear pieces can be bought for under 500pp, some as little as 5pp ( painmaker, for example, & deathpoint ) Alot of the pieces I used were HoT-era, about half of them were rof random drops, to look for the proper gear that your pet can equip, search By Lvl Range Min 72, Max Lvl 97, Maximum price 1k, and sort them by AC Value, or Atk, depending on what you want that pet to do.

I'll try giving him just one piece with a significant worn effect, Like improved dodge VII, and see what happens, tho I dont except a huge difference. I'll try cleave too for the water pet... More likely tho The defensive improvements are mostly from AC, and the offensive improvement is mostly from ATK. You can gain almost 100 Atk value just by equipping some good weapons. AC is sort of spread around, but Chest/Legs/Head/Feet have alot, 3-4x what other slots do, certain weapons have as much as 50 AC also.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Either way it is a really hard parse. If you are grabbing 100 random mobs it will vary. Did all mobs get debuffed and was it is same timing (basically impossible)? Was pet tanking multiples, position of pet when doing it? Probably best to find another pet class and just duel pets for consistancy. Interesting data though.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

You can just do a 10 minute fight against the named high Guard in Underground city, forget what his name is, but he has a a very high hitpoint amount ( like a named ) no special abilities besides hitting about 3x harder than a normal mob ( but a merc on balanced can heal that fine ), and he spawns as Lvl 100 Every time & buffs himself with the same 2 buffs every time.

If you're parsing just 1 item like the dodge mod, yeah you would need perfect consistancy like that... for most purposes tho just a large batch sample of 600-1000 seconds will peel apart any deviations with a small margin of error.

If you just look at the dodge rate modifier on a ranged item, & read it... assuming it works, & looking at the numbers ive just shown you, you can calculate the difference it would make, that difference is not frankly worth parsing, since you can see how often the pet dodges attacks... Assuming the mod 2 DOES work, You're seeing him dodge at 5% now, which would be an increase from 3% to 5%, a 2% difference from improved dodge 7.... It's not really worth parsing, imo. I buy a ranged item anyway & give it to him, just bc theyre so available & for cheap in the baz. Some others are not, for example, wrists, arms, and earrings.

something I'm probably going to parse next though, will be giving a water pet Just some arms with cleave on them, and seeing exactly how that fleshes out, I will do the parse on the named i mentioned, for more exact numbers.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Geared up a fire pet just for fun... Parsed him at 4k Melee dmg ( hes usually bout 2300 ) & his normal 4400 spell dps. He tanks better than a standard earth pet, Inc dmg was about 2.2kdps, & with Surge of arcanum on him, He was parsing at 12kdps. Just tears through stuff, very fun.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I just geared up a water pet with the best gear (highest attk rating) available for it's level given a 2k per piece spending limit.

It came in at 5420dps over a 90 minute group session as compared to 3700dps a few days ago. This isn't a good parse though because the earlier one was in Grelleth's and todays was in the grounds so mob level probably had a pretty big impact on overall damage. There are other factors but so far it does seem worth it to me to spend a bit of plat getting a pet some better gear.

This is for a EM14 pet with a full set of guild lobby buffs (mix of rank 2 and 3) plus our own pet buffs.
cicely
Magician

Post by cicely »

I would be more interested in two comparisons with same zone, same buffs, with the only variable being the bazaar gear. Not to demise or discredit what you did, but it is hard to get excited about that DPS increase when you start to see other major variables involved...

And what is this about a fire pet tanking better than earth? Or is this another different zones/different buffs scenario?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

cicely wrote:I would be more interested in two comparisons with same zone, same buffs, with the only variable being the bazaar gear. Not to demise or discredit what you did, but it is hard to get excited about that DPS increase when you start to see other major variables involved...

And what is this about a fire pet tanking better than earth? Or is this another different zones/different buffs scenario?
Exactly. These really need to be tested out on a dummy on the test server. Gear up a pet, run the parses. Mobs can vary within the zone also. Not all rotdogs will be the same, for example. A dummy, however, does not change. Put some parses up from the dummies, say what you had on pet, the pet gear, the focus used, etc. and it will be good information. Until then, there will be lots of speculation and back and forth disagreements. Also, some people will want to know exactly how much it is "worth it" to spend time getting these items as they are not always cheap or available.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

My attack parses posted here were on a combat dummy.

You can achieve the numbers i posted ( 40% dps increase ) using Elegent defiant plate in the visible slots, and HoT-era non visibles that cost as little as 10pp in baz.

but if u dont believe me. hey, dont try it. Dont need a buncha skeptics buying up all my cheap pet gear anyway