RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Post by Voragath »

Tweelis wrote:
dorfillya wrote:I don't think chaotic benevolence is broken, I just think there are so many things that proc ahead of it, that it is nearly useless. We can only have one proc per cast, and we are lucky to get maybe 15-16 casts per minute. Between damage proc or mana returns from primary, secondary and/or range items, prayer shawl procs, elemental form procs, damage potion procs, etc., chaotic benevolence almost never fires.
That makes sense. I wonder if there's some way to change the order that things fire? I'm guessing probably not but if it is possible that would help a bunch IMO.
I had this same thought and am going to ask the devs if there is a way they can set up for us to assign "proc priority." It is a bit unfair that you can't choose which proc fires and some proc buffs you have to wait on (VT, for example) so you can't get them in the best proc order.

It will probably require huge code support so, even if they liked the idea, it could be quite some time before we see it.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Benevolence doesn't proc because it has a smurf proc rate. It also has nothing to do with Weapon procs. You can see this because MR will proc with a Weapon proc. It also doesn't stack with Elemental Form procs either, they are on the same line as MR/Wildfire.

Spell line of procs and aug procs are different proc areas.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Tweelis wrote: So 57k total worth of "free" heals during this time. It's pretty apparent that this setup will not work in Grelleth's. I'll do more testing and report back sometime when I have a chance. Maybe the earth pet will fare better or I might need to find another zone. If the well wasn't such a jaunt (yes I'm that lazy) I'd head in there and see if soloing was more viable. Maybe house of thule upper floors would work. There has to be somewhere that theft of essence plus chaotic boon will provide sufficient healing in a solo situation. I realize CB is a "heal all pets in the group" spell but were the dev's really intending it to be a pet group spell?
ds

You can solo without a merc in any zone really, if you can avoid getting alot of adds... use the snowball for pulls. Use an air pet with DEAGGRO swords, pull with gargoyle, send pet, nuke, nuke, gargoyle again, nuke nuke nuke dead. If you're using the aggro lowering swords boh your first and second gargoyles will hold aggro over your air pet. The air pet has the advantage of keeping the gargoyles alive longer with its stuns, so i wouldnt suggest switching to earth.

I solo alot in xorbb sewers, since there some really profitable drops there. but generally for the fastest experience, I do Resplendent temple thrd floor, perfect mob spacing and more than 50 mobs, & fighting two at a time is very easy.

Shards landing Silent Hall is a good one as well, if you have a snowball for pulling. I keep promised and our regular heal up, but use them minimally or on pulls with adds.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Truly, resplendent temple is the fastest experience in game. large mob availability and great spacing... Silent Hall is second, but its only faster if you're teaming up with a wizard or another mage wth high damage contribution... melee classes just necessitate ppopping a healer which kills the exp rate. & the area doesnt provide enuff mobs for a large grp... 2 mages or a mage/wiz clearing the entire silent hall within the repop time is equivalent to soloing resplendent temple, tho. possibly a bit better
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Thanks for the heads up for RT. Any area/mob/task suggestions for just zone in and start killing? Keep in mind I've only hunted there once and travelled through maybe 10 times ever.

I'll also give Silent Hall a go.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

So I keep eyeballing the nicer required level 98 gear in the bazaar. It's cheap as get out and has much better stats than the stuff I'm giving my pet. What I'm wondering is:

will groupers be able to get a EM16 or higher pet focus in the new expansion? I currently have EM14 which makes our pet level 97 so I can't use the better stuff in the bazaar.

Failing that I did a AA request on the Sony boards to allow our pets to use gear with a higher required level than the pet currently is. The last thing I want is to nerf raiders (I belong to a raiding guild but we have casual non-raiding members like myself) so I came up with a suggestion to make it so groupers can have some of the same advantages as raiders.

Is my request unbalancing or overpowered? I'd like some input from others if my idea is borked before getting out of the gate. Here's what my idea was on their boards:
Mage (and other pet classes):
Heroic Armor
Allows a pet to use gear with a higher required level than the pet currently is.

Rank 1: 20 aa's and allows a pet to use gear 1 level higher than current pet level.
Rank 2: 30 aa's and allows a pet to use gear 2 levels higher than current pet level.
Rank 3: 40 aa's and allows a pet to use gear 3 levels higher than current pet level.
So in the end my EM14 pet could use gear with a required level of 100 but I'd have to spend 90 AA's in order for that to work. There would still be all the other restrictions on pets and gear (ie, no drop, etc.) but this would simply allow group mages like myself to gear up their pet with underworld gear for less plat.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

I'm pretty sure the level requirement on pet gear is your level, not the pet level.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

dorfillya wrote:I'm pretty sure the level requirement on pet gear is your level, not the pet level.
Nope, just tested it and the required level on gear isn't the owner level but rather the level of the pet.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Tweelis wrote:
dorfillya wrote:I'm pretty sure the level requirement on pet gear is your level, not the pet level.
Nope, just tested it and the required level on gear isn't the owner level but rather the level of the pet.
My pet uses this gear ( lvl 98 req ).. but he's em 19.

Sry for the late reply. In resplendent temple I go up to the second floor. It's the one with a large central room, then 2 wings with a room at the end of each.

Using no merc, Just lead off with servant so that it tanks, then rain/rain/bolt. ... when you have 2 mobs, use Servants to tank 1, the pet to tank the other, and use promised renewal on pet... It might take a little practice, but once you get it down it's truly a great spot ( more than 50 mobs ) & you'll never be fighting more than 2 once you get used to the area and see what roams where & such... If you get a third just use some of your activated aa's for pet heals or to kill a mob fast. Good luck.

I've been levelling up an Alt mage in The Grounds the last cpl days. with a fully geared pet I'm tanking 12 at a time, and just beaming them... good for leveling up alts. gotta use a merc tho. The bixies are a good area, high mob concentration.
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

Hey guys what type of items will the pet receive? warrior only or do they have to be all/all? I know it didn't take pal/shadow only weapons. I would like to know before I start blowing 2k for a weapon XD.

Thanks in advanced.