RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Post by Tweelis »

Just putting one rumor to rest. Awhile back I read that pets do not have a range slot which I can safely say is false. They do in fact have a range slot.

Brand new pet, no gear no buffs and prismatic symbiosis(2) did 3636 damage. Same pet with forgotten mojo did 3515.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Tweelis wrote:Just putting one rumor to rest. Awhile back I read that pets do not have a range slot which I can safely say is false. They do in fact have a range slot.

Brand new pet, no gear no buffs and prismatic symbiosis(2) did 3636 damage. Same pet with forgotten mojo did 3515.
Why would his damage go down? Or did you write ur numbers backward?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

The DMG went down because the stats took effect. Meaning the pet was missing that slot and gained additional shielding/heroics/HP ect.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Ahh i didnt understand that he HIT it with symbiosis, i thought the number he was stating was the pets dps after he gave it to him. Derpiddy dur
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

So Grelleth's has been pretty good to me but there is a surprise. I can take on one mob solo (ie, no merc) using promised and grounded stance and rotating nukes and gargs. However a second mob seems to chew through my pet really fast. This is using a EM14 air pet fully raid buffed. I know it's possible with a merc but I wanted to see what's possible with just me. During a lesson burn I have the steadfast servant vet AA up to handle the occasional smack or rod hit.

Right now when I get one mob my spell rotation for golems is something like: malo, send pet, gargoyle, companions relocation, EtU, AtD, promised, EtU, AtD, promised.

The weapon procs and air pet stun seem to be enough to keep the mobs on the air pet so gargs get full duration. Whenever I get a gom proc I send another garg out.

So I just went through my logs for the last few nights and something is wrong (hopefully just a setting on my end). The only healing in my parse are a few lines like this:
[Tue Jul 09 00:12:58 2013] A pollution golem is surrounded in relentless elemental energy.
[Tue Jul 09 00:12:58 2013] Tweelis performs an exceptional heal! (1018)
[Tue Jul 09 00:12:58 2013] You perform an exceptional heal! (1018)
[Tue Jul 09 00:12:58 2013] You are bathed in a healing burst. You have been healed for 1018 points.

but there's nothing about healing my pet. I just went through my logs and couldn't find anything. Does anybody know what text to search for on gamparse to see when Chaotic Benevolence or Theft of Essence fires? If this is broken again I'll start spamming the /bug in game (ok, just once a night) plus post something on the Sony boards. If anybody else is willing to test this I'd appreciate it.

When this pet dies I'll be making an earth pet and decking it out with ATTK gear and see how that goes.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

I don't think chaotic benevolence is broken, I just think there are so many things that proc ahead of it, that it is nearly useless. We can only have one proc per cast, and we are lucky to get maybe 15-16 casts per minute. Between damage proc or mana returns from primary, secondary and/or range items, prayer shawl procs, elemental form procs, damage potion procs, etc., chaotic benevolence almost never fires.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

After a little more investigation it looks like the 1018 heal from above is probably from my sap of rejuvenation.

...and I found it. Chaotic Boon is what to search for. Last night one fight lasted 1 minute 47 seconds. Total of 9 Abolish the Divergent and 8 Exterminate the Unnatural spells were cast and only 1 CB went off (for 6723 healed).

Over the 5 minute duration I killed 11 mobs and had 9 CB heals fire off. This is with 104 damage spells cast:
Combined: A living filth creature on 7/11/2013

Tweelis - 166
--- Abolish the Divergent Rk. II - 24
--- Companion Relocation - 9
--- Companion's Blessing - 1
--- Exterminate the Unnatural - 24
--- Fire Core - 1
--- First Spire of Elements - 1
--- Force of Elements - 2
--- Fortify Companion - 1
--- Frenzied Burnout - 2
--- Groundswell Stance Rk. II - 2
--- Host in the Shell - 2
--- Lesson of the Devoted - 1
--- Malosinete - 2
--- Obedient Companion - 1
--- Promised Amelioration Rk. II - 15
--- Rain of Blistersteel Rk. II - 20
--- Rain of Scythes Rk. II - 20
--- Relentless Servant Rk. II - 15
--- Replenish Companion - 1
--- Ruthless Servant Rk. II - 5
--- Silent Casting - 1
--- Spear of Blistersteel Rk. II - 14
--- Virulent Talon - 2

Produced by GamParse v1.0.3

Here's my log search for all healing to fluffy:

[Thu Jul 11 00:20:13 2013] You have healed Kenekn for 4589 points.
[Thu Jul 11 00:20:28 2013] You have healed Kenekn for 4589 points.
[Thu Jul 11 00:23:26 2013] You have healed Kenekn for 11374 points.
[Thu Jul 11 00:23:45 2013] You have healed Kenekn for 1008 points.
[Thu Jul 11 00:26:21 2013] You have healed Kenekn for 4589 points.
[Thu Jul 11 00:26:57 2013] You have healed Kenekn for 6723 points.
[Thu Jul 11 00:27:40 2013] You have healed Kenekn for 6143 points.
[Thu Jul 11 00:27:55 2013] You have healed Kenekn for 7160 points.
[Thu Jul 11 00:28:11 2013] You have healed Kenekn for 6282 points.
[Thu Jul 11 00:29:25 2013] You have healed Kenekn for 60089 points. (replenish companion)
[Thu Jul 11 23:54:14 2013] You have healed Kenekn for 4589 points.

So 57k total worth of "free" heals during this time. It's pretty apparent that this setup will not work in Grelleth's. I'll do more testing and report back sometime when I have a chance. Maybe the earth pet will fare better or I might need to find another zone. If the well wasn't such a jaunt (yes I'm that lazy) I'd head in there and see if soloing was more viable. Maybe house of thule upper floors would work. There has to be somewhere that theft of essence plus chaotic boon will provide sufficient healing in a solo situation. I realize CB is a "heal all pets in the group" spell but were the dev's really intending it to be a pet group spell?
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

dorfillya wrote:I don't think chaotic benevolence is broken, I just think there are so many things that proc ahead of it, that it is nearly useless. We can only have one proc per cast, and we are lucky to get maybe 15-16 casts per minute. Between damage proc or mana returns from primary, secondary and/or range items, prayer shawl procs, elemental form procs, damage potion procs, etc., chaotic benevolence almost never fires.
That makes sense. I wonder if there's some way to change the order that things fire? I'm guessing probably not but if it is possible that would help a bunch IMO.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Tweelis wrote:.......... I realize CB is a "heal all pets in the group" spell but were the dev's really intending it to be a pet group spell?
I think the devs intended this to be a way to help pets survive in a raid environment with many AEs. But, it is even more useless in a raid environment, since you get even more procs available to be used during your casting, like chanter mana reverberation. I have checked several times in the past, casting chaotic benevolence, and not seeing it fire even once during the main raid fight.

I am very much against all the procs we seem to get. Yes, procs are nice, but, we can only use so many of them. Devs often seem to think they can cure mage problems by giving us a new proc, but any new proc just displaces an old proc we may have previously depended on, which may in turn cause an old problem to return.

I am beginning to think mages could use a "twin casting proc". I think other classes get a twinproc for melee procs, so I think it is possible.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Choatic is a low proc rate. Yours was below the % listed but if you had a proc potion running, elemental form of earth or fire running, they are in same proc cat. AKA one procs the others don't. You cant have choatic and MR up at same time, they dont stack (well I know you cant buff wit choatic with MR up, might be able too with it not on you, but wont be able to refresh). In either case MR will proc and choatic never will.

So you can either eliminate stuff that is in the same proc cat to ensure one procs to it's potential or load up all of them in hope something will proc. MR/druid aura are 100%, so you only get that. All the others aren't, so you can stack them know you will only get one. You will get more overall procs(just not your choice of which).