RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: RoF Pets, Levels and bazaar gear

Post by Tweelis »

tl;dr

No gear pet........Stravus.........Strakiv(1)..........Strakiv(2)
DPS.....................3007..........2935.................2665
Tanking (avg hit).....4614..........4490.................4470

Geared pet........Stravus.........Strakiv
DPS.....................5781..........5690
Tanking (avg hit).....3608..........3579
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Tweelis wrote:tl;dr

No gear pet........Stravus.........Strakiv(1)..........Strakiv(2)
DPS.....................3007..........2935.................2665
Tanking (avg hit).....4614..........4490.................4470

Geared pet........Stravus.........Strakiv
DPS.....................5781..........5690
Tanking (avg hit).....3608..........3579

While I do believe that this is adding DPS and tanking ability there is one issue. Water pets can BS from the front IF they have weapons. Havng one pet with weapons and one without is going to have an increase by default. Check out your max hit, ungeared at 2.8K, the geared 9.2K. Since weaps are free for us, I would probably do some with it having weapons.

Glad you posted all the data though, good to see the accuracy and how much it dodges and such.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

I did some parses against those High guards as well, since theyre always the same lvl...

They hit incredibly effectively/hard, must have very high atk.
even my geared pet defended at a very low rate.

against those guards, I saw tanking of improvements of just -20% dps to pet.

as opposed to your average dark blue RoF mob, where I saw -50% dps to pet.

Take your geared pet to Valley ( now a hot zone ) ... & watch the earth pet tank 8-10 alarans at a time.

The Geared earth pet also does about 5kdps, bout the same as an ungeared water pet. Geared water pet I'm parsing at 7.5kdps, and tanks as well as an ungeard earth pet vs. dark blues. Those are EM 19 pets.
Nylrem01
Magician

Post by Nylrem01 »

Put Girdle of the Expanding Mind or Blue belt/similar on pet, and give it a bazaar mask. The increased haste of belt vs. summoned mask makes quite a difference DPS wise, probably as much as all the rest of the gear combined.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Nylrem01 wrote:Put Girdle of the Expanding Mind or Blue belt/similar on pet, and give it a bazaar mask. The increased haste of belt vs. summoned mask makes quite a difference DPS wise, probably as much as all the rest of the gear combined.
This is not correct

Haste caps at 100 ? Burnout XI is 85% haste... & the pet has a mask when summoned ( 23 % ). This should cap him, ie: adding a belt with greater haste should not increase his attack speed.

I've given my pet Summoned Visor of Gobeker, and parsed him ( with and without giving it to him ) ... There was no difference, meaning he already comes summoned with one, & hits his haste cap simply by buffing him with burnout.

Any gain you see from giving him a belt and mask is likely from the increased ATK value on those items, though visor of gobeker already has a very good ATK value so i dont bother giving him a baz face item.

You would probably see a bigger increase just by giving him 2 Painmakers ( in the baz as cheap as 5-100pp ) Elegant defiant plate gear will also add a respectable amount of ATK value.

My pet goes from 5k to like 6.5-7k dps with just elegent defiant and a cpl painmakers or deathpoints ( only like .5kdps more by going full rof gear ).... If I want a pet that also tanks like a beast, I'll spend more for the RoF trash drops as the AC on them really jacks up his tanking ability
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Fairly certain Haste is not capped at 100. So much so that if you looked at your stat tab in your inventory window you would see us going higher then 100% w/o any buffs on for haste. I want to say 200% is the cap, and over haste bringing it to like 225 or so. I am quite out of touch with melee aspects though so there is a possibility that I am 100% wrong.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

From Samanna's....

Haste is the original Melee Focus, and has been in the game since day 1. Haste basicly consists of 3 parts. There are a few exceptions to this, but to put it simply Haste is made up from Worn Haste + Haste Spells/Songs + overcap bardsongs.

Worn Haste and Haste spells/normal bard songs have a haste cap of 100%.

Some bard songs have a higher haste cap, at 125%; if you check lucy you can identify these higher-cap bardsongs with the denotation v3. Example for Eriki's Psalm of Power "Slot 2: Increase Haste v3 by 30%". All Bardsongs with the v3 stacks with worn haste and haste spells, up to 125%. Chanter and Shaman haste spells are generally called "Haste v1".

For example: You have a worn haste of 45% and have Speed of Salik cast upon you wich has 68%. You would hit the first cap of 100%. You also find yourself with a bard who is playing Eriki's Psalm of Power that potentially adds another 30% v3 haste wich takes you to the second cap of 125% haste, wich currently is the highest haste you can recieve.

There are many false ideas on how haste actually works, so let me explain the correct way to interpret haste. If you consider your normal attack speed without any type of haste to be 100% of your attack speed, then full haste makes your attack speed 225% in total. This means you attack 125% more times than if you had no haste. With 125% haste you get 125% more attacks in the same time it took you to make one attack with no haste.

An example: You attack your opponent with a Reaver wich has a delay of 40 (attacking every 4 seconds). With 100% haste you land 100% more attacks in the same amount of time, and your effective delay will thus be 20 (attacking every 2 seconds). If you had a bard with you who played the v3 haste song you would end up with a delay of 17.4 (attacking every 1.74 seconds).

There are a few items that add overcap haste like the Symbol of the Overlord from Mata Muram and Silverhoop of Speed from Quarm. These have effects with v3 haste and sources indicate that only the highest v3 haste compontent takes effect, so they would only be beneficial in a group without a bard (even if the other components stack, like regen etc).

There is also a third type of Haste wich is called v2, and are from old Velious era bard songs. They are subject to the 100% cap, and could be used to bring people up to the 100% cap even if they had no 41% haste item at the time. V2 haste is now more or less obsoloete, but is still in the game.

There is one more type of haste wich is a Monk discipline. This directly lowers the delay of weapons and is unaffected by haste stacking rules.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Hundred hands is the effect your looking for. Was originally a zerker only thing then got farmed out to monks and rogues.

Haste is capped at 225%

100% to start with. 100% from a combo of worn and spell haste (mask and BO) then v3 bard haste for the other 25%.
micker
Elementalist

Post by micker »

The question is, is the haste mask overhaste or not?? If it is, giving the pet a haste item will help.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

micker wrote:The question is, is the haste mask overhaste or not?? If it is, giving the pet a haste item will help.
It is worn haste, thus belt and it are in same catagory.

Overhaste is will show as increase haste v3 by %. I think all of the overhastes are spells/clickies/AAs/song currently. Heard rumors of overhaste weapons on the horizon though.