Broken fire pet?

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
naltena
Elementalist

Broken fire pet?

Post by naltena »

I'm a bit confused. I hear some of you are using the RoF pet for tanking. But mine wont listen to me at all.

Naltena /pet attack.
Astrid... NO
Astrid /pout.

She wont attack, she wont move, she wont cast. and I cant kindle her any more. Can some one explain please?
Cielli
Conjurer

Re: Broken fire pet?

Post by Cielli »

Do you have /spellhold on? If so, the fire pet wont do squat until somethings in melee range.

That's all I can think of...
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

naltena wrote:I'm a bit confused. I hear some of you are using the RoF pet for tanking. But mine wont listen to me at all.

Naltena /pet attack.
Astrid... NO
Astrid /pout.

She wont attack, she wont move, she wont cast. and I cant kindle her any more. Can some one explain please?
Kindle does not work on fire pets anymore and isn't necessary. We have better runes for pets and fire pet doesn't need mana to cast. The fire pet roots itself when told to attack and nukes instead. If you want it to melee, you have to have it next to the mob when you tell it to attack.
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

It was spellhold XD thank you guys!, he nukes for 17k constantly. I wonder if thats better than my water dps in groups.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

naltena wrote:It was spellhold XD thank you guys!, he nukes for 17k constantly. I wonder if thats better than my water dps in groups.
It depends. "Out of the box" the fire pet can beat out a water pet when it's engaged in melee with the mob--this includes self-buffs on pets. Now, if your group has a shaman, bard, or enchanter, you will see the water pet outperform the fire pet. The water pet has better melee capabilities so once he starts getting those buffs, his abilities ramp up fast.

The trick is keeping the mob in melee range of the fire pet.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

If fire pets nukes critted ( during fbo ) as they should.. ( but dont ) The fire pet would outdo the water pet in damage as it did in past expansions. b/c it doesnt crit, water pet beats out fire b/c of his increased dps during FBO, even when fire is in melee range.

Gearing the pet ( baz gear ) also has a greater affect on the water pet, vs. the fire pet, since gear ( ATK value ) affects waters melee dmg, but has no effect on fire's spell damage.

With only self buffs, my water pet does about 5200 dps ( vs. 6000 dps of fire pet in melee range ) But you can raise the water pets dps to 7500 by giving it some elegant defiant plate and a painmaker & deathpoint. ( really cheap stuff ) With full rof gear, the water pet goes to about 8000 dps, & with raid buffs it maxes out at 8500 ( thats about it's non-fbo max, hitting for full damage pretty much every hit )

Fire pet's a pulling tool, at best, until its fixed.. or a decent choice if you have no pet aa's, and have a good player tank.
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

Thank you for the info :) I hope they fix it I like the fire pet.