Any word?

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Maject
Trial Member

Any word?

Post by Maject »

The fire pet hate transfer to mages.
Last I heard a DEV passed it up to someone or some such nonsense, well over a year ago. Or did I miss something? With all the "pet adjustments" and the nice long look their taking at out pets do you think its too much to ask that they fix things they have broken before whatever "adjustments" break something else???
Has it really been over a year without any word from them? Zero feedback? That's not the definition of working with a community like they are pretending to with the "pet adjustments".
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Any word?

Post by Voragath »

Maject wrote:The fire pet hate transfer to mages.
Last I heard a DEV passed it up to someone or some such nonsense, well over a year ago. Or did I miss something? With all the "pet adjustments" and the nice long look their taking at out pets do you think its too much to ask that they fix things they have broken before whatever "adjustments" break something else???
Has it really been over a year without any word from them? Zero feedback? That's not the definition of working with a community like they are pretending to with the "pet adjustments".
Fixing things isn't easy and they can't simply stop development until all bugs are fixed; otherwise there'd be no Everquest.

I haven't checked pet regen but it's been almost two years since I noted that pet OOC regen is not working and that was passed on to code to look into. I checked in on that about a year ago and no word back. Pet hate transfer isn't noticed by everyone and isn't being reported to happen with regular frequency or reproducible steps (I know it's happening and so do many others). Things like this that break go onto a list and ranked with importance. As it is, these two things have minimal impact at the high end (pet aggro is devastating to a low end mage) and really aren't preventing you from playing so my guess is that these aren't anywhere near the top ten.

Code is looking at pet aggro last I heard. And they aren't going to make a list and repeat every few months that something hasn't been determined. I periodically poke the devs on issues but they are even more busy now with upper management having them do streaming content releases and constant special projects.
Maject
Trial Member

Post by Maject »

Your right its not the end of the world.

Seems they are "fixing things" for all our pets at the moment. It was my hope that we might take advantage of their attention to our pets and our class for our betterment while it seems their attention is on us.

I use the thing, its a pain it the ass sometimes, it screwing the little mage more than me is a reason to be louder not quieter. If my tools are to be nerfed then I would like all my remaining tools to work as intended also.

Was just a thought
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Well, they are two different things. Code isn't responsible for the upcoming pet changes. AC is something Aristo adjusts and the team discusses.

Pet aggro being attributed to the wrong "owner" is a code issue.

In EQ, there are coders and there are developers. As I understand it, developers can influence coders a great deal on prioritization but they are separate units so the devs aren't bosses over the coders; they are coworkers.

If it required a code change or the direction they take changes and requires a code change, this will be a good idea. I generally try to stay in the loop enough to catch something like that so I can poke Aristo to add that in there.

It also could be, and it's just pure conjecture on my part, that this aggro transfer was always supposed to be there and got "fixed" when they implemented the aggro meter. In that case, we face a huge obstacle of changing the development team's mind on this.

One last point. When I tested this myself, I could easily see what was happening. Oddly, even doing the same actions did not make this "bug" reproducible because, for whatever reason, it just sometimes did not happen. Situations like this make it extremely difficult to track down and require just immense amounts of data. It was a similar issue about 2 years ago when pet dps took a nose dive and we got lucky that something else being worked on at the time fixed the issue; it was server processing being overloaded causing pet attacks to get left off the process every couple of seconds. A few of us had suggested that was the issue and code couldn't reproduce it when we discovered it because they had already fixed that issue on internal servers.

I hope this gives you an idea of the scope and complexity of the issue. Anyone with a sure fire way to reproduce this (i.e. 100% of the time) should at least let me know but really should forward that to Aristo, Elidroth, Jchan, or Prathun. They will forward it to the correct person(s) from there.