Spire AAs

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Sampi

Spire AAs

Post by Sampi »

I'm looking at getting these AAs next. Any comments on how useful they are? Thanks for the help.
Shadowkillerr

Re: Spire AAs

Post by Shadowkillerr »

Don't have much time, so here's my 2 cents real quick -

1st Spire (increase chance of critting on spells) is an excellent AA and definitely worth getting.

2nd Spire (pet proc) can be nice when solo'ing. (Useful if you fully buff pet in GH w/ FBO and this, then wait for them to refresh before doing a LoTD solo burn)

3rd Spire (melee proc and DS) hasn't been all that useful , IMHO. It overwrites regular damage shields which is also annoying.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye,"
"I am lost in my own mind."

Shadowkillerr - a Magician of Cestus Dei on the Luclin server.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

I know the wizzy spires are linked--if that is true with ours, you may want to take that into consideration as well.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Yes they're all linked.

First spire is great, especially right before a twincast or when you're able to use the Jolt of Many line. Second is ok if you're relying on your pet to do the damage, but if you can nuke first would be better. Third I don't use because I don't want to have to recast DS. Rather just throw a DS up and use that spell slot for Pyroshroud.
Brimztone

Post by Brimztone »

First Spire and Second Spire are both excellent, but Third Spire is really, really bad. I don't think I will ever buy it unless I am running out of AAs to buy.
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

I did buy third spire and like it, from the other side of the fence. It's good when you have a ton of MOBs on you hitting you and you pet. I go to VT once in awhile and just stand in the horde while they beat on me and pet. It was one of the last AAs I bought to put things in perspective, only a few behind it (packrat and the like.)

The DS thing is an irritant I admit (I don't like having to recast Brimstoneskin). An irresistible PBAoE with the speed MOBs hit these days appeals to me. I have always thought they were under-rated as the norm, so I frequently use them, pyroshroud line.. and...

Even Ravenous Flames on raids ! (I would put it on my pet if I could when I'm out solo - grumble.)

Yeah I know, I know.

Chuckle

Bara