Pet Stats

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Yaddab
Elementalist

Re: Pet Stats

Post by Yaddab »

Interesting to see if a nerf is in the pipeline though. Defiant gear on 51/50 yesterday was all marked no pet, although I think this happens on testcopy too, so it could just be for the armour they are going to give your on character creation. Wait and see pie I guess.

That said, really useful info Tweelis! Thanks
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

All the defiant gear on my buyer mule still looks normal. I dont' see a "no pet" tag attached to any of it but who knows what the future holds.
Shadowkillerr

Post by Shadowkillerr »

Tweelis, I'm pretty sure Yaddab was referring to the server that they accidently brought online yesterday. For anyone that doesn't know, they brought the 51/50 server up yesterday and people actually were playing on it for a few hours before they took it offline. From what I understand, when you create a character there, they start a lvl 51 w/ 50 AA's and a full set of defiant gear.

Unless I'm mistaken, they probably set that 'newbie version' of the defiant gear to no pet so that people wouldn't start a new alt just to give the gear to thier pet on another character.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye,"
"I am lost in my own mind."

Shadowkillerr - a Magician of Cestus Dei on the Luclin server.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

That makes a lot of sense. A pet with a full set of intricate defiant plate armor would give pet classes a HUGE advantage over anybody else. Heck, even a step down from that would be a pretty significant upgrade over phantom plate.
Shadowkillerr

Post by Shadowkillerr »

Especially when you consider that when the server opens there won't be anyone on the server to get high level pet gear from and no one will have plat to buy gear from vendors for thier pets.

Although, I suspect you could make a tank class and use one of those gift boxes from /claim. Then you'd get a full set of plate gear that is the lvl 50 equivelent. Actually, now that I think about it, that's a really good idea. Create a toon, /claim, click it, give gear to pet class, delete toon. Everyone has like 995 of them still unless they have a TON of alts.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye,"
"I am lost in my own mind."

Shadowkillerr - a Magician of Cestus Dei on the Luclin server.
IblisTheMage

Post by IblisTheMage »

I am pretty sure Enhanced Minion IV makes the 76 Air Pet -> lvl 79.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Thanks Tweelis! I followed your gearing chart for my 76 air. Freshly summoned, I hit it with ES (whatever version I have) for 1620 damage. Gave it the Defiant gear you suggested, and ES hits for 1500. Suspended, zoned, etc., and it still hits for 1500 every time. My 76 air is level 77, so it may not be getting the full stats from the Elegant Defiant gear, but it does get a pretty good boost VS the Prime Plate it comes with.

Note: I spent around 4k in the baz buying this stuff (half of that was for the legs...why are they so expensive?), so this probably isn't something that a mage who dies on a regular basis (/wave raid mages) would want to do. I'm a casual player nowdays, and I seldom die (or let pet die, which usually means I die about ten seconds later) so this is a viable upgrade for players such as myself.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

If you really want to buy gear for your pet just do what I do. Set up buy lines in the bazaar and offer more than merchants will pay but not anywhere near selling prices.

I pay between 150pp (for elegant defiant breastplates) down to 25pp (for elaborate defiant plate wristguards) for pet gear. Also check out elegant/elaborate defiant chain pieces. The stats on those are pretty good and a lot of people don't realize our pets can equip chain just as well as plate.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Tweelis wrote:If you really want to buy gear for your pet just do what I do. Set up buy lines in the bazaar and offer more than merchants will pay but not anywhere near selling prices.

I pay between 150pp (for elegant defiant breastplates) down to 25pp (for elaborate defiant plate wristguards) for pet gear. Also check out elegant/elaborate defiant chain pieces. The stats on those are pretty good and a lot of people don't realize our pets can equip chain just as well as plate.
Good info. I was aware pets could equip chain gear. One thing I don't understand is why you recommend the Elegant Defiant Chain Gauntlets and Leggings instead of the Elegant Defiant Plate Gauntlets and Greaves?
Ottaro
Elementalist

Post by Ottaro »

Goranothos wrote:
Tweelis wrote:If you really want to buy gear for your pet just do what I do. Set up buy lines in the bazaar and offer more than merchants will pay but not anywhere near selling prices.

Good info. I was aware pets could equip chain gear. One thing I don't understand is why you recommend the Elegant Defiant Chain Gauntlets and Leggings instead of the Elegant Defiant Plate Gauntlets and Greaves?
I don't see anywhere in there where he says to buy chain gloves and pants over plate. All i see is an option, say if no plate is available or not in the right price range look for chain, its good too. Atleast thats how i read it.