The Parse!~

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
Andorrabell
Elementalist

The Parse!~

Post by Andorrabell »

Class balance of course requires parsing, and since mages parse notoriously incorrectly by others self-parsing is a good idea.

Here is the best parser I'm aware of:
http://gambosoft.com/Pages/Downloads.htm

I've had better luck with the standalone installer personally.
magguis

Re: The Parse!~

Post by magguis »

speaking of parsing, what exactly do you parse out at andorra?
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I'm not high end by any means so this is probably unimpressive to most of yahs, but I notched 4.7K dps on Rottrued the Twisted not long ago. I box one of the main clerics on most of our raids so without my divided attention, I could have probably squeezed out another 1K or 2.
Belvik

Post by Belvik »

Here's a couple of my parses. I'm still using t5 sod group fire focus and no rank 3 spells from SoD yet either :( . Some various length of fights here. Last one is Scryer event so more sustained.

Rallos Zek on 6/9/2009 in 52sec

Total
--- DMG: 544694 (100%) @ 10475 dps (10475 sdps)

Belvik + pets
--- DMG: 544694 (100%) @ 10475 dps (10475 sdps)
--- Special: 7

Special: 7: 7th yr vet G: Glyph K: Kiss S: Staunch X: Slain $: Saved by DI
Produced by GamParse v1.0.2

Crystalline Tyranont on 6/15/2009 in 195sec

Total
--- DMG: 1522010 (100%) @ 7805 dps (8137 sdps)

Belvik + pets
--- DMG: 1522010 (100%) @ 7805 dps (7805 sdps)

Combined: Head Scryer Imta on 6/29/2009 in 481sec

Total
--- DMG: 2071803 (100%) @ 4307 dps (4307 sdps)

Belvik + pets
--- DMG: 2071803 (100%) @ 4307 dps (4307 sdps)

Foaaniel
Magician

Post by Foaaniel »

I just relized the potential of the mage class and have starting focusing most of my efforts to become a great mage, i box a 85 SHAMAN, 85 SK, 83 BST, and as of right now i am a casual player and used to raid hardcore on my shaman, but due to work and RL issue i have decided to become an casual player who does PU raid once in a while. The PU raid content i referr to is MMM, and crystallos.......for right now till i can get into a good rythym of getting the hang of the mage class.

I have read nurmerous post on the mage class but still am lacking something to make me a Great mage
I have been around EQ for 6 years and know the ropes on some class, but dont claim to know enough about the mage class, so i am asking for advice on
1. grouping
2. raiding
3. general aid to fellow Eqer's
4. I want to know how to get high on parse list ??...........i will list my spell line up below.

I have been working on the following clickies;
{XX} Epic 2.0
{XX} Spirit Mark Armor; Elemental Essence Robe
{XX] OOW TUNIC; Glyphwielder's Tunic of the Summoner
{XX] Fabled Kelp Hilted Mace
{ } Feral Guardian Channeler

I have been working on the following flaggs:
{XX} MPG trials
{ } solt access
{XX} COA flagged............old school style
{XX} DON progression complete ......up to vish
{XX} Vergald lower level acces complete
{ } AG raid acces
{ } FC raid access
{XX} MMM group keyed
{ } MMM raid keyed.......missing Big bynn, and Deepscar raids
{XX} Crystallos grouped keyed
{XX} SOD progression done up to Void " E "

here is what i do on PU raids
1. malos
2. cast Pyro
3/ cast bolt
3. send in RS pet
4. /rinse repeat.............till out of mana
5. hit rod
6. send in swarm
7. cast jolt
8. click both tunics
9. /cross fingers and hope i make parse

Grouping
1. assist SK
2. press hot key...........pyro, bolt, RS pet

MY Q
1. i hardley make parse.....how do i get on it EVERTIME??
2. do i need anymore clcikies to be effecient
3. did i miss any FLaggs that may help me in long run

magelo: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1386827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks in advance
In the time of chimpanzees i was a monkey .....and Curious george is my long lost brother
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

read this article;

http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... ?f=6&t=100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

apply the knowledge therein. Sit atop the parse list. Bask in glory.

(at least that'll get you pointed in the right direction).

I'd suggest changing your weave to be RS, Jolt, Bolt, Fickle and letting the Shammies Malo the mob....if they don't do that on your raids, just hit the mob with the aa version and start casting.
Foaaniel
Magician

Post by Foaaniel »

HOLY smurf............

THAT POST ROCKS AND IS JUST WHAT I NEED

HUGE THANKS :D
In the time of chimpanzees i was a monkey .....and Curious george is my long lost brother
Dadani
Conjurer

Post by Dadani »

here is what i do on PU raids
1. malos
2. cast Pyro
3/ cast bolt
3. send in RS pet
4. /rinse repeat.............till out of mana
5. hit rod
6. send in swarm
7. cast jolt
8. click both tunics
9. /cross fingers and hope i make parse
A couple personal ideas I use.

5. hit rod - click the rod as soon as your mana is down enough to accept the rods infusion, most good fights/events are longer then the recast timer on the rod. It is a small gain if you get to click the rod one or two extra times per fight, but that might allow one more garg out to play.

Load up on several rods. I carry my top 3 and use them up in descending order. The Cauldron rod is pretty nice if you have a chance to work that faction spell. Most fights you can sit, med and cast another rod, but pretty risky when the event has a lot of adds being mezzed or kited.

6. send in swarm - send in early. Once again, recast timer. On occasion I get to send the swarm in twice. Do it early so you can take benefit of the Shock/Jolt line of spells. I use both shock and jolt still. I have the shock shard so it still hits nice. On raids there are typically plenty of pets on the mob.

3. send in RS pet - make sure he gets sent in as often as possible. I always use every Gift of Mana unless the mob is about to die. If mana is good, send in the garg. Stand close to the mob if you can when you send him in. Don't waste precious mauling time waiting for the garg to travel to the mob.

Do you use any older spells that create Gift of Mana proc's that wont work with most of your currently memmed spells? Save a spot in the spell line up for a direct damage spell or older RS pet (if you have access to 2 different RS) for the gift of mana line.

example: I use mostly 81-85 spells, so when a Gift of Amazing Exquisite Radiant (81+) mana procs I send in my garg. Unfortunately I have the level 80 garg and not our latest yet, so what happens? The 80 garg sometimes procs the Gift of Exquisite Radiant Mana (76+). Typically that GoERM is lost as it will only work on spells level 80 and lower. Part of the reason I have level 77 Shock of Many loaded to take advantage of those Gift procs. I might use the Bolt spell from that era or even our first garg pet RS.

Not sure if that made sense but trying to squeeze as much as I can. Every little delay in moving the mouse cursor to cast, hesitation on what to cast next, using the wrong pet for the mob, taking advantage of a FBO buffed and suspended pet, tapping your pet, right clicky mana regen, making sure you have the buffs that benefit you most and checking the timers so they dont run out mid battle.

Are you in range of the chanter twincast aura? Have a bard in the group? Singing Fire Focus DD song, aura up. Aura's are short range. My wife plays a bard and I position myself close enough to the mob to get her songs, reduce gargs travel time to the mob, yet try to stay in range of the enchanter twincast aura (which I don't think works for beans).

Binding spells to a key and mashing that key so that you are chain casting the fastest possible. All these little things will move you up the charts.

Being a casual player now was quite amazed Sunday night when I took 2 of 3 parses on Vesthun Wolfpaw (Fanged Moon raid in Bloodmoon keep). Great mob for parsing....it is just a burn hard kill with some smurf running around smacking people here and there. I changed my tactics based on what I read in these forums. Most of what I posted is just a small summary of what I learned from the site.
Image Image
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Don't forget the ice clicky nuke we can summon. It's a nice clicky to throw in with other clicky nukes to keep the dps flow going when you go oom or are waiting for the mana drain to wear off. It's a huge mana investment, so cast it before you engage.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

along those lines, make sure you save 2 clicks of it for when you hit the twincast spell....the clicky nukes WILL twincast, and you can pop 2 of them off in the 20ish seconds twincast lasts.